How has the AFC East suddenly become the best division in football?

Big Turk

8 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Jets and Dolphins really fell apart and the Pats limped to the finish. The futures for all three teams are interesting. All 3 teams feature a strong defense. The Jets and Fins feature decent to good offensive supporting casts but no team features a coherent plan at QB. 

Mac Jones is at best a game manager, The Jets are starting over and the Fins have Tua who has flashed but not been all that impressive at times and has a long injury history.

I suspect the division will be toughish next season with every team having a good defense but the Bills should still come up the favorites.

The Fins do not have a strong defense.  They have some recognizable names but they give up a ton of points and yards.

Still think this division will be brutal next year.

Dolphins are a team on the rise with a roster oozing with talent despite their current funk and still think they beat the jets next week and get into the tourney anyway.

Patriots have a lot of cap space next year and will no doubt correct one of their biggest mistakes (not having a real OC for Mac Jones).

Jets are the true wild card because they have a lot of young talent as well but coaching seems to be an issue still and the big question mark at QB of course.

As for Bills, this is why this year is still so critical to get over the hump and try and win a championship because while I think the team will still be fine next year by default because of JA17, they are likely going to be a worse roster overall because of the pending cap situation.

31 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

That’s insane. Bills could’ve rested Josh Allen for the half the season and still made the playoffs.

Instead they let him play and get Bills wins in a mix of fashions.  Bills looked unstoppable at start of season then looked a bit inept as if the pressure imploded the teams focus.  Then they scrapped it out to win despite miscues.  Our team has more tricks up its sleeve.  I have no doubts they have been playing some chess and it will be more apparent that they are in fact the team qe saw in Sept and they just played possum to alliieviate the pressure.  

Edited by AuntieEm

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Dolphins are a team on the rise with a roster oozing with talent despite their current funk and still think they beat the jets next week and get into the tourney anyway.

Patriots have a lot of cap space next year and will no doubt correct one of their biggest mistakes (not having a real OC for Mac Jones).

Jets are the true wild card because they have a lot of young talent as well but coaching seems to be an issue still and the big question mark at QB of course.

As for Bills, this is why this year is still so critical to get over the hump and try and win a championship because while I think the team will still be fine next year by default because of JA17, they are likely going to be a worse roster overall because of the pending cap situation.

By this Sunday the Bills will be 14-3 and the rest will be 8-9. I just see Tua continuing to have concussions and be out of the league in 2-3 years.  The Jets will be a problem if they can find a decent FA qb to replace White.  And frankly NE (Beli) have no clue what to do with anything. Defensive guys running the offense??  This is the Bills window.  Now stop screwing around with all these D picks and surround your King with more talent.

how many seasons in a row have you said that the dolphins and jets will be elite ?

Aren't the Dolphins down to their 3rd string QB. No way Tua plays, and Bridgewater has a broken finger from what the reports say on his throwing hand. Maybe he plays with the pain but if not, then the Dolphins are down to their 3rd string QB vs the Jets D. That will be a tough matchup for them. Unless the Jets have "checked out" after yesterday's loss.

2 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

how many seasons in a row have you said that the dolphins and jets will be elite ?

I've never said the Jets were going to be elite and have called them frauds all along which my posting backs up.

Yes I bought into the Dolphins hype train this year but they obviously aren't ready quite yet given their current 5 game skid, but again they win Sunday against the Jets at home and their in without needing any other help and then it's a new ball game and nothing matters including their current funk.

I think next year the Dolphins will take the next step though and win the division.

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

I've never said the Jets were going to be elite and have called them frauds all along which my posting backs up.

Yes I bought into the Dolphins hype train this year but they obviously aren't ready quite yet given their current 5 game skid, but again they win Sunday against the Jets at home and their in without needing any other help and then it's a new ball game and nothing matters including their current funk.

I think next year the Dolphins will take the next step though and win the division.

oh!  well at least we have that to look forward to!  

stop embarrassing yourself.

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

Aren't the Dolphins down to their 3rd string QB. No way Tua plays, and Bridgewater has a broken finger from what the reports say on his throwing hand. Maybe he plays with the pain but if not, then the Dolphins are down to their 3rd string QB vs the Jets D. That will be a tough matchup for them. Unless the Jets have "checked out" after yesterday's loss.

I think they have especially guys like Garrett Wilson who were chirping loudly about the great Mike White and after looking as bad or worse than Wilson yesterday reality came crashing to earth.

Also the Dolphins have at least been competitive the last few weeks including the Bills game and were a few plays away in each game from winning where the Jets have gotten curb stomped by the Jags and Seahawks.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I think they have especially guys like Garrett Wilson who were chirping loudly about the great Mike White and after looking as bad or worse than Wilson yesterday reality came crashing to earth.

Also the Dolphins have at least been competitive the last few weeks including the Bills game and were a few plays away in each game from winning where the Jets have gotten curb stomped by the Jags and Seahawks.

I could certainly see it. From 7-4 to 7-9 currently on a 5-game losing streak. They looked terrible yesterday and the TNF game against the Jags. I don't think Saleh is getting fired but who knows what Johnson will do.

8 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I’m pretty sure that if we were to lookup the posts of @High Football IQ we would find posts about Darnold and the Jets’s eliteness lll 

Is this still a topic now that it’s possible that 3 teams may all finish under 500? 

6 hours ago, Warcodered said:

So if the Bills beat the Patriots and the Jets beat the Dolphins, the Dolphins, Jets, and Patriots will all be tied at 8-9 so who would be 2nd 3rd and 4th?

I heard it goes to Pats, Jets, then Dolphins in last from the AFC East Roundtable on YouTube and if the Steelers lose, the Pats still make the playoffs even at 8-9. 

On 1/2/2023 at 12:11 PM, FilthyBeast said:

As long as you keep making predictions Iike these the AFC East will be easily won by the Bills.

Just FYi you bring the Dolphins hype train every year and every year you fail.

Dolphins lose every game in December and January "Dolphins are a team on the rise"

Edited by TBBills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.