Micah Hyde leaves the door open to returning this season, per Joe Buscaglia

Logic

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

he would be massive.   Him and Poyer together gives us a much better chance if we face Cincy next week 

If he was always a potential long shot say for January 29 (AFCCG) is it that hard to believe he could be back for January 22?  

All speculation, but if you buy into the credibility of the source and Hyde himself alluding to the odds of coming back “if he gets good news” a few weeks ago, tells me this is definitely possible.   

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 4

Just now, DC Greg said:

As much as I hope this is what Croom is referring to, folks are really jumping to conclusions here too soon on that. Could be anything. This is how rumors get started!

It’s a weird thing for him to post - he is somewhat connected it’s not like it’s a random person who has zero interaction with the players.

if it’s something dumb then he just wanted attention/clicks 

4 minutes ago, DC Greg said:

As much as I hope this is what Croom is referring to, folks are really jumping to conclusions here too soon on that. Could be anything. This is how rumors get started!

I choose to entertain this potentially positive rumor until I can't, lol

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Can’t see McDermott allowing Hyde to suit up until he’s fully healed.  

Well that would be up to the medical staff to clear him, not McDermott.  Most players this time of year aren't fully healthy but are still playing.

f0033e46-7ad8-428f-a7fc-ee3f1476adc4_tex

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I met Joe Croom through a mutual acquaintance back at Pro Bowl weekend 2018. We all shared a hotel room. He has really networked his way into being the man now with his photography/ videography role. He (from what I know) has no official role with the team but the players LOVE him and he has built a very strong relationship with especially Poyer but also other players. They let him follow them around recording all the time.

He definitely is a credible source! I have his number but wouldnt even attempt to ask him cause he'd never spill the beans. My guess is that its Hyde is ready to return.

12 minutes ago, DC Greg said:

While you are correct, the type of access he has and who he is close to doesnt really suggest many other options for what could be considered big news. But even if Hyde is back no way he suits up this week. But he will provide a mental boost and could be ready for the championship game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

It’s a weird thing for him to post - he is somewhat connected it’s not like it’s a random person who has zero interaction with the players.

if it’s something dumb then he just wanted attention/clicks 

The Micah Hyde charity softball tickets go on sale in a couple of days, hope it's not about that.

12 minutes ago, StHustle said:

I met Joe Croom through a mutual acquaintance back at Pro Bowl weekend 2018. We all shared a hotel room. He has really networked his way into being the man now with his photography/ videography role. He (from what I know) has no official role with the team but the players LOVE him and he has built a very strong relationship with especially Poyer but also other players. They let him follow them around recording all the time.

He definitely is a credible source! I have his number but wouldnt even attempt to ask him cause he'd never spill the beans. My guess is that its Hyde is ready to return.

While you are correct, the type of access he has and who he is close to doesnt really suggest many other options for what could be considered big news. But even if Hyde is back no way he suits up this week. But he will provide a mental boost and could be ready for the championship game.

If that is the news, of course it's all about his safety and making sure he's ready to go.. but what would be the difference between coming back next weekend (should we win Sunday) vs coming back for the Championship Game?  It's not like the Super Bowl, where there's two weeks in-between to get someone ramped up.

Either way, it would be him thrown into the fire.. whether its the Bengals offense or the Chiefs offense (most likely).

I'd agree that it would be shocking to hear he's practicing this week, and will play this weekend, but if he's given the go-ahead.. it would also be surprising to me that he would be designated to return if we make the AFCCG.  I'd think the timeline would make more sense to get him ramped up this week, hopefully win Sunday, and then get him ready to go against Cincy.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, StHustle said:

I would feel it might be more likely the Bills announce they are going to open the window to return from IR that lasts 21 days so he might be able to return for the AFCCG and SB if we make it...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

He's been at practice working on the side for weeks now.

Quietly running around and doing workouts is so day and night different than actual physical contact drills. 

And trust me I do want him back like everyone else here. If he was cleared to practice today it would most likely take a few weeks to get back into form. 

Fingers crossed...

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Agree 1