Russell Wilson so rattled in games he is apparently using audibles from Seattle at times

Big Turk

• 2 weeks later...

(6) Mike Klis on Twitter: "There’s been some gossip about Russell Wilson’s standing in locker room. Here’s some context. Per source Wilson’s wife Ciara thru him a birthday party last night and “it looked like about half the team was there.” On player’s day off. Why do people have to be so hurtful? #9sports" / Twitter

• Sad 1

Just now, Wyobills89 said:

I haven't watched any denver games. Is Wilson really that bad or is it that head coach and his offense play calls? 

Yes. Both are absolutely horrible.

13 minutes ago, Greg S said:

(6) Mike Klis on Twitter: "There’s been some gossip about Russell Wilson’s standing in locker room. Here’s some context. Per source Wilson’s wife Ciara thru him a birthday party last night and “it looked like about half the team was there.” On player’s day off. Why do people have to be so hurtful? #9sports" / Twitter

About half is a pretty good turn out. There's been a lot of debate online about what this Tweet is trying to say. I'm in the camp that thinks it shows more support for Wilson.

Getting half the company to an event would be considered successful for one of our events.

• Like (+1) 2

I don't like to get into the race/old boys network stuff...but I could certainly understand someone making a pretty good case of that when it comes to Hackett.

Dude literally just kept failing upwards and then parlayed an OC job in which he didn't even call plays into a head coaching gig. He's so in over his head in every way possible. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Hackett is the problem. Another guy whose success was 100% due to the QB he stood on the sidelines and cheered for. 

Lefleur is the same way. Is he actually a good coach, or did he just get coffee for Sean McVay and then coach Aaron Rodgers?

If I was the RB coach for the Titans I could get a HC job next year because "look what he did with that running game!"

It's kind of crazy how owners fall for that

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I don't like to get into the race/old boys network stuff...but I could certainly understand someone making a pretty good case of that when it comes to Hackett.

Dude literally just kept failing upwards and then parlayed an OC job in which he didn't even call plays into a head coaching gig. He's so in over his head in every way possible. 

I could not understand what anyone has seen from Hackett that would make one give him a HC job. Nothing at all

• Agree 5

There's a thing I believe on NFL.com that explains Wilson's cap hit for the next few years. OMG, I can't believe they did that. That being said, Hackett will be the scapegoat, right or wrong.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

It was probably the non-starting half of the team...

Free Beer!

17 minutes ago, Wyobills89 said:

I haven't watched any denver games. Is Wilson really that bad or is it that head coach and his offense play calls? 

Wilson is really that bad. 

The offensive scheme could be better, the protection could be better, and the route running could be better, but all 3 could be functional if Wilson was.

All that said, really comes down to Hackett because someone has to get in the $243M man's Grill and tell him he needs to make his reads and follow his progressions and not be all "I'm throwing to Courtland Sutton No Matter What"

JMO, but there's an interesting piece here by Kurt Warner, starting with a clinic on route running provided to Courtland Sutton (!!!) combined with a breakdown of the whole picture explaining where Wilson should be trying to go.

Aside: Warner has really evolved and improved on his pieces.  He now outlines routes and coverages and make it much easier for someone like myself to follow, so I get a lot more out of them than I used to. Highly recommend them!

Earlier in the year he did this:

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

This guy is in over his head? 😂

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Half?! That’s a good turnout. People have stuff to do, families, other engagements, etc. 

Thats actually more than I would’ve thought would show. 

22 minutes ago, nosejob said:

There's a thing I believe on NFL.com that explains Wilson's cap hit for the next few years. OMG, I can't believe they did that. That being said, Hackett will be the scapegoat, right or wrong.

Free Beer!

That kind’ve deal. There will probably be two coaches that gets the axe before Wilson. 

Unless they can bring in a guy that did exactly what Carroll was able to do with him. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.