As good as Jefferson's catch was, it may not even been the best catch yesterday...

Big Turk

Jefferson most overrated catch of all time. Lewis literally squeezed the ball against his hand and then Jefferson gets lucky it didn't hit the ground on the way down. If lewis simply didn't exist on that play the ball falls incomplete. He caught it for him. What a bonehead.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Process said:

Jefferson most overrated catch of all time. Lewis literally squeezed the ball against his hand and then Jefferson gets lucky it didn't hit the ground on the way down. If lewis simply didn't exist on that play the ball falls incomplete. He caught it for him. What a bonehead.

Yeah this was more of a case of the ball landing the perfect way (because of Lewis) for Jefferson than him making it happen.

The Bills/Vikes game was a great showing for lightly represented glove brands like Jordan (Diggs) and Under Armor(Jefferson).  

About 2/3 of NFL receivers wear the regular Nike brand.

Those grabs and the Sutton grab were all pretty much impossible without those sticky mitts.    If you've ever worn them they really grab moving objects but are much less tacky on stationary objects.  

Edited by BADOLBILZ

Diggs might have been better. He jumped to his peak and manhandled the ball with 1 hand. 

Lewis actually inadvertently helped Jefferson out by placing his hand on the ball. Basically making it a 2 hand catch.

Still a phenomenal catch though.

If Buf wins , Diggs catch is highlighted.  If Denver wins , Sutton catch is highlighted   

On the other side, OBJs catch came in garbage time and is considered one of the best catches in decades, so wtf do I know. 

This is a fun season!! I know that much 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Diggs might have been better. He jumped to his peak and manhandled the ball with 1 hand. 

Lewis actually inadvertently helped Jefferson out by placing his hand on the ball. Basically making it a 2 hand catch.

Still a phenomenal catch though.

If Buf wins , Diggs catch is highlighted.  If Denver wins , Sutton catch is highlighted   

On the other side, OBJs catch came in garbage time and is considered one of the best catches in decades, so wtf do I know. 

This is a fun season!! I know that much 

Not much because OBJs catch wasn't in garbage time... It was early on in a one score game.  

1 hour ago, Process said:

You can't blame Cam for trying to grab the ball so he can run to the end of the field and celebrate in front of the camera .😂

12 hours ago, Process said:

I just don't understand why he didn't just try knocking the ball down.  Instead of Lewis trying to go for the interception, just bat the damn ball down.  Then it's game over.  Unless I'm missing something, he could've definitely prevented that catch from happening. 

22 minutes ago, ProcessYaDigg said:

I just don't understand why he didn't just try knocking the ball down.  Instead of Lewis trying to go for the interception, just bat the damn ball down.  Then it's game over.  Unless I'm missing something, he could've definitely prevented that catch from happening. 

this is the only thing.

10 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

You can't blame Cam for trying to grab the ball so he can run to the end of the field and celebrate in front of the camera .😂

4th down interceptions should be forbidden by DC

13 hours ago, peterpan said:

Diggs catch was wild too.  Jefferson stole the ball from our stupid DB as much as he caught it.  It was a 3 handed catch more than a one handed one.  Amazing play to come down with it still.

Its a great catch but Lewis had a massive assist . If Lewis just leaves it, it sails out of bounds and the Bills win the game.  he just wasnt thinking in the moment and it cost us dearly.

How about batting the ball down on 4th down instead of trying for the pick. Cam Lewis is at the heart of every big completion and should have been called for countless PIs and holding penalties. Poorly coached bad instincts would be the best description.if this the guy we have on Jefferson with the game on the line, we’re sunk.

3 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

Yup, he def knew post game though.

In the end, the old saying goes that you learn way more from your mistakes than your successes. I hope Lewis, Josh and  the other Bills who have made embarrassing mistakes in the last two weeks take them to heart and dont  repeat them going forward. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, buffalobillswin said:

You know what stinks? We’re going to have to keep watching this highlight on an endless loop just like the Hopkins catch 2 years ago. 

That's what I said when it happened. I don't like when they lose but clearly you can't win them all. Had Minnesota scored on that 4th down instead of what actually happened, I woulda been fine with that. It just would've been, "welp, you had chance to put 'em away and you didn't." 

Instead we get an insanely rare and convoluted finish to the game featuring a few crazy plays that we're never gonna hear the end of. 

18 hours ago, Process said:

Guy had incredible luck with his incredible ability all game, TD he caught bounced off of Danes helmet into his hands.

18 hours ago, Process said:

I think the “If Cam didn’t exist” take is wild. Justin Jefferson is hands down the best WR in the league. Part of what makes that a wild catch is good coverage. 

JJ high points a one handed ball by himself 9 times out of 10. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.