Teams need spectacular plays to beat us by 3

Success

48 minutes ago, Success said:

I don't care what anyone says - the Bills are still the class of this league.

Jefferson was ridiculous today.  I couldn't even blame Jackson on a couple of those plays - it would have required perfect defense to stop, and then some.

The schedule ahead is very favorable, and we can reclaim the division just by making sure that the Jets & Phins don't sweep us, with both of those games at home. Tre is coming back, Groot should be getting healthy, Hines will be more in the mix w/ each passing week.  Davis found himself again, and guys like Cook & Shakir are starting to contribute more.

We have 3 losses that quite obviously could have turned on a play.  I don't like where we are right now, but there is something to be said for having to fight the last 2 months instead of just strolling to a coronation.

The bills are a third place team 

48 minutes ago, Success said:

Jefferson was ridiculous today.  I couldn't even blame Jackson on a couple of those plays - it would have required perfect defense to stop, and then some.

The schedule ahead is very favorable, and we can reclaim the division just by making sure that the Jets & Phins don't sweep us, with both of those games at home. Tre is coming back, Groot should be getting healthy, Hines will be more in the mix w/ each passing week.  Davis found himself again, and guys like Cook & Shakir are starting to contribute more.

We have 3 losses that quite obviously could have turned on a play.  I don't like where we are right now, but there is something to be said for having to fight the last 2 months instead of just strolling to a coronation.

So your take is that it's a total coincidence teams make big plays to beat us or is it more the case that we allow teams to make big plays against us?

13 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

That's the most frustrating to me...there was ZERO reason to try and run a sneak on the half yard line when Allen could have easily done other things at least 3 times to try and get a few yards so you can do a proper kneel down.

Hell they could have tried multiple hard counts and take a penalty if it didn’t work. But get Minny to jump just once and you kneel down in victory. This coaching staff is struggling in big moments. Houston game on 4th down, ARIZ last play, KC 13 secs and now this. Expecting MUCH MUCH more from this coaching staff.

1 hour ago, Process said:

There is nothing special about Allen throwing the ball into defenders chests lol

Lately it has become the Allen Special.

53 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

The bills are a third place team 

Just realized the Patriots are in 4th place...one game behind us.  Finishing in last place in the AFC east is suddenly not a ridiculous take at this point.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

That's the most frustrating to me...there was ZERO reason to try and run a sneak on the half yard line when Allen could have easily done other things at least 3 times to try and get a few yards so you can do a proper kneel down.

I mean if you're going to fumble the snap an inch away from your own endzone, most play calls are going to go poorly 

1 hour ago, Success said:

I told myself the same fairy tale after the KC game last year. Getting harder to believe when it keeps happening, seems less spectacular & more predictable. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Fetou said:

I mean if you're going to fumble the snap an inch away from your own endzone, most play calls are going to go poorly 

They fumbled the snap because of rushing to try and prevent a safety on the sneak...which only happened because Dorsey called a sneak in a dumb area. Any other play would have been fine.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

The key Jefferson play on the 4th down isn't a catch if that fool Bills db slaps the ball out of bounds at its highest point. Instead he brings it down to Jeffersons hands and then doesn't fight for the ball. You don't go for glory in that situation by trying to intercept it when knocking it down ends the game. 

Just now, Big Turk said:

They fumbled the snap because of rushing to try and prevent a safety...which only happened because Dorsey called a sneak in a dumb area. Any other play would have been fine.

Line up in shotgun, get Josh on the move. Worst case scenario is we waste 4 seconds and throw the ball away. Do that 3 times and take a safety on 4th down. Punt the ball away with maybe 20 seconds left?

Best case is we make a play and kneel it twice for the win?

Just now, Bangarang said:

Line up in shotgun, get Josh on the move. Worst case scenario is we waste 4 seconds and throw the ball away. Do that 3 times and take a safety on 4th down. Punt the ball away with maybe 20 seconds left?

Best case is we make a play and kneel it twice for the win?

Yeah exactly my thought! 3 plays they could have done it and the worst case scenario is take a safety and punt it away with 20 seconds left. Most likely Allen would have gotten enough yards to allow an easier QB kneel.

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I mean it's true but it's ridiculous we can't just put the games away. All 3 losses we have had leads in the 2nd half and the last 2 by double digits. Not sure about the Miami game, maybe that was as well.

We have so many chances to make just ONE play and we can't seem to do it in those games.

I call it refusing to win. This team lacks the killer instinct and consistently allows teams back in the game. Two weeks running the just refused to win.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, stevestojan said:

we got the ball back with 44 seconds left and quite literally could have done ANYTHING other than fumble and give them a TD. 

How in the ***** world can you think we’re the “class” of the league? 

The win probability after that stop had to have been near 99.9%. One in a thousand we don’t win. Yet here we are… again. 

Doubt that. Ball was on the one inch line. Absolutely no margin for error. Outside of taking a Safety the QB sneak was the play. Gain a yard and your a kneel down away from the dub. They screwed the pooch on the snap and not recovering the ball didn't help either. Tough one to take but they battled. Luck was on Minnys side today. All the 4th down conversions, the long TD run, Jefferson's all world catch, the non PI on Knox in the EZ.

Craziest game I've witness since KC last year, even crazier.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.