Josh Allen's waning confidence and mental yips

Estro

16 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I’ve never heard that before. I hope you’re remember wrong because that’s a bit scary.

You can watch it yourself. He did remember wrong. Josh was seemingly hungover if anything. He also forgot to conveniently mention that before Josh's "mental panic attack" (lol) that he gave one of his most relaxed and best interviews ever for about an hour.

5 minutes ago, Nelius said:

About half the Tua fanboys here already crowned him on that single day in September against the Ravens.

Tua's playing good ball right now, but he still has the potential to get ragdolled out of any game any week. I'll still take the unicorn QB that runs over guys for fun.

This is no consolation. I could careless about this debate right now. 

6 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Well, that was sarcasm so...*****, he looks like ***** lately.  Nasty smelly *****.  

Calling someone 

7 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Well, that was sarcasm so...*****, he looks like ***** lately.  Nasty smelly *****.  

I think you meant what you said. It's all good though. 

Steve Young, Brett Favre and Josh Allen are cut from the same cloth, super talented gunslinger type that will make unbelievable plays but will also force the ball and make you pull your hair out of your head.

He also needs a running game and with the efforts of our front office before the trade deadline they're well aware.

Imo McDermott is stubborn with playing rookies. McKenzie and Singletary aren't doing enough where we shouldn't be seeing more of Shakur and Cook. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nihilarian said:

Well, my "theory" is that Josh might just be worried about losing his new OC at the end of the season should the offense keep looking like world beaters with +10 point spreads every week. 

OR, 

Perhaps he is over thinking every play while attempting to make a something happen. I know he didn't want to lose to the NY Jets. Oh, how the Jets and their fans are now rejoicing! 

It's games like this one that makes me yearn for a power run game besides the QB. Pound the rock so well that you can make a first down running against any team. When the defense moves up to stop the run you can now throw over them. When the QB isn't throwing like an MVP, let him hand it off...

We've been literally begging for a viable run game for over 3 years. Draft some godamn Olineman mensa's.

5 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

This is why so many say Mahomes is better. When Allen is bad he's really bad. Mahomes doesn't do this on an annual basis...

It's painful to say it, but you rarely see Mahomes play this bad for long stretches. His bad games tend to look like tonight, not a lot of TDs, but still moving the ball.

• Agree 1

I’m of the opinion you let shooters shoot their way out of a slump, and the same should hold for a franchise QB. Allen’s peers Mahomes and Brady threw over 50 passes today. Allen should be forced to do the same. Let Allen rip 50-60 passes per game until he finds his mojo. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

It's painful to say it, but you rarely see Mahomes play this bad for long stretches. His bad games tend to look like tonight, not a lot of TDs, but still moving the ball.

Allen right now is probably a good half step behind Mahomes overall, in terms of everything, but that's about the only QB. Agree with the good doctor who wants him to sling it 60 times a game. It's the only way for Allen to get back into that top tier, because we know his high points can even reach a level beyond Patty.

35 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Allen right now is probably a good half step behind Mahomes overall, in terms of everything, but that's about the only QB. Agree with the good doctor who wants him to sling it 60 times a game. It's the only way for Allen to get back into that top tier, because we know his high points can even reach a level beyond Patty.

Folks here will hate this, but I haven't seen Tom Brady play this poorly in 20 years.

If Josh is going to be considered elite of the elite, he simply can't have games that are this bad.

I honestly didn't think he had games like this left in him; I thought he has progressed beyond these forever at this stage in his development.  Guess not.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Folks here will hate this, but I haven't seen Tom Brady play this poorly in 20 years.

If Josh is going to be considered elite of the elite, he simply can't have games that are this bad.

I admittedly haven't intensely watched Tommy's play by play this year, but was his 290 yard no TD loss to the Panthers somehow that much better? Maybe the 243 yard 1 TD plopper against Pittsburgh showed something that the stat line didn't?

Josh looked horrible on some throws today granted, almost god forbid hurt, but he's still a maniac that ran for 2 TDs. But all QBs, Brady on down, have had awful games this season.

For all of Josh’s bad olay, he still hit Davis in the breadbasket on the final play only to have the ball pass directly through his hands.  Yes Josh is struggling for the last 6 quarters but no one other than Diggs is helping him out much. 

• Like (+1) 2

He  misses Dabol. Seems like they didn't keep anything from previous seasons. No motion, misdirection plays...Drops back to pass, looks for Diggs then leaves the pocket and scrambles. I think Dorsey is a big part of the problem. No imagination in the play calling. Why is Knox not being thrown to at all?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.