Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

30 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Ulnar nerve isn't anything to mess around with.  I had Ulnar nerve entrapment and it basically makes it feel like the backside of your arm is asleep, including your pinky and ring fingers.  You get the numbness and pins and needles thing going on. Would definitely impact your ability to grip and throw of a football like normal.

I did too- all it took was a few stretching exercises to free it and all was well after a week.  

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I remember us having this exact conversation in 2018. People were freaking out about Allen needing Tommy John surgery and saying we needed to draft a 1st round QB in 2019. The most likely outcome of a UCL sprain is he misses anywhere from 1-6 games. QBs don't get Tommy John surgery.

If it’s near 6 weeks pack it in for this season. If it’s 3 or 4 weeks we will be fighting for our playoff life. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

If it’s near 6 weeks pack it in for this season. If it’s 3 or 4 weeks we will be fighting for our playoff life. 

That's a bit extreme. Case Keenum is a very capable backup, and we have arguably the easiest part of our schedule coming up.

We'd still be in contention after 6 weeks, even if JA couldn't play that whole time.

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I remember us having this exact conversation in 2018. People were freaking out about Allen needing Tommy John surgery and saying we needed to draft a 1st round QB in 2019. The most likely outcome of a UCL sprain is he misses anywhere from 1-6 games. QBs don't get Tommy John surgery.

Serious question bc I don't even know what the hell a ucl is. If QBs never get surgery, does it just end up healing on its own? Or something he'll have to deal with the rest of the year or even career? Can you get back to 100% without surgery?

6 minutes ago, Beast said:

Pretty much, I am fully preparing for hockey season full tilt because if this is really bad news, there is no way, and I mean NO WAY I will be able to watch a single NFL game the rest of the year. I already feel sick to my stomach and have not turned the tv on since the loss.

7 minutes ago, Success said:

That's a bit extreme. Case Keenum is a very capable backup, and we have arguably the easiest part of our schedule coming up.

We'd still be in contention after 6 weeks, even if JA couldn't play that whole time.

You think Keenum would survive with no running game?

I’m not being extreme at all.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Well, i’m definitely in the camp of hoping for the best but expecting the absolute gut punching worst.  I am mentally preparing myself.

Thanks Quessenberry....our OL has been trash for 3 years while clappy keeps taking those high picks/ FA on D.  Brilliant strategy,  what could possibly go wrong.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

I think Injuries are going to derail this season unfortunately. I don’t remember a season with so many. The more & more I think of it, last season was our window for the Super Bowl. The bad luck this team has faced with injuries to key players is absolutely ridiculous. I’m really hoping I’m wrong and this team can overcome the extreme adversity they’ve faced this year, but it’s not looking good. Our run defense issues from last year are starting to resurface and we’re lacking a true playmaker other than Diggs. I used to get so annoyed by the OBJ fan boys, but I’m starting to think this is the right move. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, Success said:

With the exception of maybe Detroit, there is not anyone on the schedule in next six weeks that I would even pencil in a win even w/ Josh although healthy Josh I think we win more of them than lose.  With Keenum, I only give us 60-40 with Detroit and we are going 1-5 there. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Eh I think we can sneak in as a wildcard even if he misses 6 weeks.

Not a chance.

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I’m calling my shot here I think he is fine and these are just precautions. There would be a heck of alot more leaking out at Ones Bills Drive if they feared the worst. Even Chris Mortensons follow up tweet suggested there isn’t much panic on this one anyway. 

I’m siding with you.

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I think Injuries are going to derail this season unfortunately. I don’t remember a season with so many. The more & more I think of it, last season was our window for the Super Bowl. The bad luck this team has faced with injuries to key players is absolutely ridiculous. I’m really hoping I’m wrong and this team can overcome the extreme adversity they’ve faced this year, but it’s not looking good. Our run defense issues from last year are starting to resurface and we’re lacking a true playmaker other than Diggs. I used to get so annoyed by the OBJ fan boys, but I’m starting to think this is the right move. 

I think we all knew last year was the year...easy contracts, no injuries besides White and Allen putting up historic playoff numbers. Wednesday is going to be the darkest day since Super Bowl XXV

• Vomit 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.