Bills trade for Nyheim Hines

BLeonard

Pretty crazy how these guys get traded and in hours are in a new city practicing with their new team.

I'm assuming they just stay at a hotel at first? How is that even enough time to pack up enough stuff to last before you can get back. 

I'm sure their agents handle most of it but damn. 

21 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

It's clear the bills do not think Cook is ready, maybe he is having a hard time understanding all the passing concepts and option routes 

According to Brandon Beane in in his presser today, they anticipate using Cook more as the season goes on....

• Like (+1) 5

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Ok I will play. Chiefs. Cap is “real” so they paid how many WRs this year in Cap hits to replace the cap hit of Hill?  

and a single move cleared their cap up. When you have your QB and all that space in the Bank of your QB (just cash it) during Allen’s window Cap will not hurt them. 

Well they paid couple of relatively cheap WRs, I am not sure what your point is. I am not arguing that you can't pay all players for a short term, or that you can't pay many cheap players longterm, I am just saying that you can't pay everybody longterm and that salary cap is a real limitation.

So, to ask you once again:

If cap is not "real", what other reason do you think Chiefs had when they traded Hill away?

As for the Bills, I am pretty sure they would be more than happy to resign/extend Poyer, Oliver, Edmunds, Singletary, Phillips, Jackson, Davis, etc, and still add some top FA. But they won't, and the only reason is that cap is more than real.

Chiefs trading Hill and then signing a couple WR’s isn’t an example of the cap not being real.   It’s a very real example that it is. 

The cap is real in the sense that if you hand out a massive contract to a guy you are afraid won’t play to the level you’re paying after a year, two etc., that’s when you get in trouble.  

Chiefs clearly felt Hill may hit a wall at some point during his contract where his guaranteed money becomes an issue relative to his play.  

Instead, they signed two WR’s to short term contracts for around the same money combined.  Key phrase.. short term.  They aren’t locked down by MVS or Juju.  

Also, they got picks.  Picks are how you keep a roster stacked around a top heavy roster.  

They used some draft capital to bring in Kadarius Toney, who still has two more years left on a rookie deal.  

All moves made due to the cap being real.  

It can be manipulated, but if Hill drops off a cliff in Year 3 of that Dolphins contract, Miami is on a world of hurt if they’re looking at needing to pay Tua. 

It’s why Poyer isn’t signed long term.  If we give him a massive contract, which a few teams likely will offer after this season, but he continues to have injury plagued seasons, we all of a sudden find ourselves with a 3-4 year albatross of a contract. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3

15 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Now don't categorize all fans that way...........I got home from the game Monday and I had a notification from screwball going by @MasterStrategist calling me out after McKenzie put up a spectacular 14 yards on two touches.    Man that gameday thread is a den of idiocy. 😂

I am a known scoffer of RB impact and the idea of a RB being "another WR" on the field............but Nyheim Hines is electric and far more coordinated than the stiff, hard-handed Lil' Dummy.   No, he's not a $10M/year slot receiver either but the price was right and he gives them more versatility and gets a rookie and hopefully McKenzie off the field on special teams.    He's also just quicker and more elusive in pass routes than James Cook.   Cook is closer to a volume carry RB than him.  They are not redundant, IMO.

agreed on all fronts. 

and also got called out for saying 3 touches for 10 yards did not qualify as a “great game” 

I think he worked his way right off the team this year, and Hines replaced all his “pure athlete” touches and shakir/crowder(Beckham?) take his 3rd WR work by the time post season arrives (disclaimer for injuries)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Ha!  I'm sorry for not keeping up with the #4 Running Back on the Indianapolis Colts. I have to say that I'm constantly impressed with the level of interest shown by so many on here. I guess it's partly because I refuse to play Fantasy Football. But...just wait until you get old, young man, and all of these players will start running together in your head as well. (kidding)

He gashed us in the 2020 playoff game- he was their #2 rb for the last 4 years.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.