Chase Claypool to the Bears

Process

They traded a 34 year DE for what they could get, traded Roquan Smith who they knew they weren't going to re-sign and got 2 decent picks for him then gave up one of those 2nd rounders for a younger WR that they are high on. 

I don't see a problem with it. I'm not a fan of Claypool but I respect their thought process. Its an offensive league and their changing it up to getting their young QB more weapons. 

Also for those saying they gave up a top 40 pick, you don't know that they may have flipped the Ravens 2nd rounder to Pittsburgh which will most likely be a late 2nd.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Process said:

The Bears 2nd will be pretty close to our first. If you think we should have traded a first for Chase Claypool you should probably just stop posting.

I actually don’t think Claypool is a good fit for Chicago. He’s a contested catch guy, Fields needs a route runner that gets separation. 

I would’ve loved Claypool in Buffalo. Perfect complement to Diggs. And yes a late 1st would’ve been great. WR will be a hot position next draft.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

Definitely in the minority but I like the move for both teams. Claypool has played with junk qbs and has shown flashes. Fields is showing some signs (may be the best qb of that awful class now!) and they got him a weapon. 

it’s not the Diggs trade but I’m always find with getting your young qb weapons, even if you have to pay a little more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I actually don’t think Claypool is a good fit. He’s a contested catch guy, Fields needs a route runner that gets separation. 

I would’ve loved Claypool in Buffalo. Perfect complement to Diggs. And yes a late 1st would’ve been great. WR will be a hot position next draft.

But now they can put claypool and Nkeal Harry on the outside and put Mooney back in the slot. And some of the other jags can fill in. 
It’s not ideal but scheme wise it helps them. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I actually don’t think Claypool is a good fit for Chicago. He’s a contested catch guy, Fields needs a route runner that gets separation. 

Fair point but part that is the qbs he played with (not that fields has been great). I think your receiver should be like a basketball team. Claypool is a C/PF. Still need some small quick guys too.

Claypool is a decent jack of all trades receiver. Kinda a poor, poor, poor, poor man's Deebo. Couple him up with a QB that can make plays with his legs and 2 legit RBs. Building for cold and windy days. I get the vibe.

But a 2nd rounder? Eh...little rich for a team that needs to have some high draft picks to rebuild. Their OL is not much better than the Bengals.

Mooney and Claypool make a decent duo for Chicago. It still doesn't fix their OL problems though. Bad thing is I held onto Claypool in a keeper league thinking he'd have a bounce back year. That just went out the window. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Spending a first for Claypool when the last few drafts and looks like the next few drafts are WR rich in talent and can find very good players at WR in round 2-5 would have been a fireable offense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.