Chase Claypool to the Bears

Process

11 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i literally would not trade Claypool for even Zach Moss. 

Claypool is not and will never be a good receiver. Some guys just don’t have “it,” despite having all the measurables.

He is like the wide receiver equivalent of super human Leif Larsen.

Lol.  I wouldn’t go that far.  I’d trade Zack moss for him 💯.  I’m not impressed with his football skill.  I’m impressed with his physical tools.  He can improve….but I doubt he will.

16 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Claypool is not and will never be a good receiver. Some guys just don’t have “it,” despite having all the measurables.

Well that’s idiotic. 

19 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I mean he caught 9 TDs his rookie year...what defines good?

Edited by Big Turk

22 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Trying to be funny, but a bad take.

Claypool has talent, and has actually produced.  But he is extremely immature, on and off the field.  He's been around "divas" in that Steeler locker room/WR group specifically, I think if he had a true #1 to learn from/harder coaching then he might turn into a reliable player. 

But he's got way more potential than Zach Moss.

21 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Lol.  I wouldn’t go that far.  I’d trade Zack moss for him 💯.  I’m not impressed with his football skill.  I’m impressed with his physical tools.  He can improve….but I doubt he will.

Everyone knows I'm the resident Notre Dame homer on this board. I had really high hopes for Claypool and everyone knows I was banging the table for him in that draft. He was a completely different young man at Notre Dame. He was humble, one of the hardest workers on the team, and always led by example. I watched him improve every year while at Notre Dame. Year one to year two it was his hands. Year two to year three it was his route running. Year four he seemed to put it all together. Go and look at the college tape. He wasn't just a Go Route WR. He had excellent hands, body control, and 4.4 speed in a 6'5" 240lb frame. He came in and had a solid rookie season as well. Somewhere between that rookie year and his 2nd season his attitude changed. It was like he thought he had arrived, but he has a ton of work left to do. Now he is pompous, there was a video of him kicking a guy in the face while one the ground after a bar fight, and seems to just go through the motions. I hope he turns it around and gets back on track, but idk. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.