NFL Week 8: Packers at Bills - post game thread

BuffaloBill

The D I think got in the heads of the offense tonight.

Some strange play calling in the second half and Josh was definitely off in the 2nd half. Regardless, a win is a win is a win.  Knock the rust off from the bye and get back in the groove.

Edited by Billz4ever

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Well that and they are playing the easiest schedule in football. Flip the two schedules and the Eagles ain’t undefeated but the Bills would be

Green Bay ain't no great shakes this year and we coughed it up again... this team needs to tighten it up on "O" and take better care of the ball.

Glad we are sitting where we are at, just want to see some improvement in that area going forward.

Just now, WideNine said:

I think a lot of our guys got caught up in the jawing... the GB secondary was definitely playing that game.

The Packers knew playing chippy was their only chance.  The word has been out for a few years that we have some guys who will get emotional and take dumb penalties.  Fortunately, except for Gabe that one time, they kept it in check.  Teammates would always hustle over and get them away from confrontations.  I liked seeing that. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Shortchaz said:

From an outside perspective, it looks like Rodgers is begrudgingly playing football for this coach. He doesn’t like the philosophy or play calling but he feels trapped. Like a co-worker who says “Just doing my job” when they’re clearly being too rigid in what’s being asked of them out of spite. 

Von miller just said he could not believe that they kept running it and even asked Rodgers about it. Sure it was working in general stats wise  but didn’t trend a W

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Very disappointing effort by Josh Allen and the Bills overall . Were a little shaky in the first half and pretty bad in the 2nd. C- and they have a lot of work to do to maintain their #1 status. 

We all know McDermott hates dumb turnovers and Josh had 2.

I think McD should sit him and start Keenum against the Jets.

sarcasm

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

More like Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Indianapolis and New England (OK, wind game).

Not like PB, JV, Indy or NE at all as Allen led the Bills Offense to 24 first half points.  The 2nd half was weird and that includes Allen being off.  But Allen led the Bills on 3 straight TD drives and then drove them 60 yards right before half for a FG to take a commanding 24 - 7 halftime lead.

The season is long.  Look at the mini slumps the last 3 Super Bowl winners went threw during those seasons.  The Bills and Allen had a 2nd half slump in a game they led 27 - 10 halfway through the 4th quarter.  The only impact this game will have on the rest of the season is that the Bills got a win and hold onto first place in their division and the AFC.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Last year was last year. I don't see that happening with Von here this year.

I don't think Von has much impact on offense! And we only conceded nine back then.

Course not saying this year is the same as last year, but we hardly hit our straps after the bye in 2021 - our record was WLWLWLL. In 2020 we had a much later bye and won all six after it.

15 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Milano is like a robot in interviews...you can tell he doesn't like it very much haha

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Milano at the podium … what did we do to deserve this 

Pretty sure Milano is a football robot that McDermott just keeps in storage between games.

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

Not like PB, JV, Indy or NE at all as Allen led the Bills Offense to 24 first half points.  The 2nd half was weird and that includes Allen being off.  But Allen led the Bills on 3 straight TD drives and then drove them 60 yards right before half for a FG to take a commanding 24 - 7 halftime lead.

The season is long.  Look at the mini slumps the last 3 Super Bowl winners went threw during those seasons.  The Bills and Allen had a 2nd half slump in a game they led 27 - 10 halfway through the 4th quarter.  The only impact this game will have on the rest of the season is that the Bills got a win and hold onto first place in their division and the AFC.

No, the second half Josh was like him in those games last season. In the first half, he seemed to be in his groove as he has been for the year so far.

Agree with the rest.

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Von miller just said he could not believe that they kept running it and even asked Rodgers about it. Sure it was working in general stats wise  but didn’t trend a W

It was working for them though. If you can't pass, do what is working and they were chewing off huge chunks of yards on the ground.  More than I would like to see.  They essentially turned the needed pass plays into effective run plays.  The Bills might like to think they can play nickel D all the time and still stop the run, but they didn't do a good job of it tonight.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.