Sammy Watkins says Buffalo Bills are still his team

BuffaloBills1998

I see people are still bitter about the “little jobs” stuff. I get it, but at this point who cares? Things worked out quite well for this franchise. We’re in a great place, and the guy tried to stay something nice. There’d be outrage if he said something nasty about Buffalo. It’s probably good it didn’t work out, it led us to where we are today. We’ve moved on to a better place, this type of bitterness seemed more appropriate when the franchise was a mess. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

If Josh can turn Robert Forster and Kelvin Benjamin into viable receivers then I’m sure he could with Sammy as well. With that being said **** him. Should’ve drafted Mack, the pick that any idiot could’ve made. 

Kelvin Benjamin was never a viable receiver here. He had a good year in Carolina with Cam tho 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/27/sammy-watkins-calls-the-bills-still-my-team-as-he-prepares-to-play-against-them/ Idk how since he really didn’t do much for us and admitted he hated it here and was depressed and getting drunk all the time.

Most likely saying nice things to keep his options available next season

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

Eh, I'd kick the tires if only for the petty reason of seeing if Josh could make something of him when Mahomes and Rodgers couldn't lol.

Sure if he signed a veteran minimum contract with understanding that he would be cut and placed on practice squad.

Josh certainly could use another practice target.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/27/sammy-watkins-calls-the-bills-still-my-team-as-he-prepares-to-play-against-them/ Idk how since he really didn’t do much for us and admitted he hated it here and was depressed and getting drunk all the time.

It makes a huge difference when the team has the best or 1 of the best QB's in the league & have a great chance to take it all the way & quite possibly win the SB !! 

WOW that's a stark difference from what he said shortly after he left .

Edited by T master

26 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Sure if he signed a veteran minimum contract with understanding that he would be cut and placed on practice squad.

Josh certainly could use another practice target.

I mean, we spent a lot more than that on the likes of Sanders and Crowder, so I'd be down for that.  I bet Josh could get as much out of (a sufficiently motivated) Watkins, at least in the injured Crowder's case.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.