Bills release new stadium renderings

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

In the left side of that too drawing you could say the awning covers parts of the 100 level. Right side looks whack. Probably just a bad drawing like a lot have been saying. But again bad drawing is going to get criticism after making people wait several months. 

The Tottenham covered pretty much all of the seats which was a pipe dream for us but they did say 80% of the seats at one point and then they decided that was too expensive most likely which is a bummer.

The other aspect of that was that the Tottenham stadium was designed to keep the crowd noise in to make it louder. I'm guessing a lot of that will be lost if the roof doesn't cover as much of the stadium.

If you are seeing both renderings for the first time I would say that Tottenham one is nicer and that stadium is already 3 years old so by the time ours is built it will be 6-7 years old and better than our "new" one seemingly 

Just to clarify for people, these renderings are NOT drawn with a pencil. We create renderings these days by simply taking a screen image of the 3D computer model of the actual architectural design and then use a software filter to make the images appear to be hand drawn. I guarantee they are 100% accurate. Now, that doesn’t mean that the perspective can be a bit deceiving. 

I hope that clears up some of the confusion.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Just to clarify for people, these renderings are NOT drawn with a pencil. We create renderings these days by simply taking a screen image of the 3D computer model of the actual architectural design and then use a software filter to make the images appear to be hand drawn. I guarantee they are 100% accurate. Now, that doesn’t mean that the perspective can be a bit deceiving. 

look at this guy, how would you know….

(this is in jest just so everyone is clear) 

• Haha (+1) 1

Looks nice and modern and will be an upgrade, but kind of generic. I'm curious where the "team's desire for a visual identity that reflects some of the historical architecture of Buffalo" is in the renderings. Or is that the three giant bison?

Edited by billyudi
added question mark

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Whatever the perspective they are using isn't natural. The lower bowl isn't going to be flat on one side. Real estate photos are "accurate" too. Rooms don't look that way though.

1 minute ago, henry jones said:

It's definitely the most awe inspiring stadium, but it's still better than watching them play 8 games at Rogers Centre!!  :)

I'm not an acoustic expert, but the "canopy" should help focus the sound back towards the field, correct?

Correct. Sound waves work very similar to light waves hitting a mirror and bounce the sound back at an angle off the surface opposite from the direction they came. All of this can be modeled to ‘concentrate’ and focus the sound towards a particular surface, like the playing field. The exact opposite technique is used in a performing arts theater where the surfaces are designed  to bounce or distribute the sound from the stage in multiple directions so as to avoid echoes and feedback. 

• Like (+1) 1

Over a decade ago I took an urban planning class at UB specifically about the Buffalo/Niagara region. Learned about all the mistakes that have been made and methods that were being implemented to reduce urban sprawl. It’s sad to think that building another stadium across the street in the middle of nowhere will be another mistake up there with cutting off the waterfront with the 190, but it’s true. I’m not mad I’m actually amazed the people of Buffalo could be happy about this. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

Whatever the perspective they are using isn't natural. The lower bowl isn't going to be flat on one side. Real estate photos are "accurate" too. Rooms don't look that way though.

Not sure how to make this any clearer for you. The difference in a real estate photo is that the object (house or room) your rendering tends to be much much smaller. In the case of a stadium interior we have to ask the computer to put somewhat more of a fish eye lens on the perspective or you simply aren’t going to see much. Your stereo vision eyes can take it all in when you’re actually there, but a single camera angle has to be somewhat forced. 

I hope that helps.

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Not sure how to make this any clearer for you. The difference in a real estate photo is that the object (house or room) your rendering tends to be much much smaller. In the case of a stadium interior we have to ask the computer to put somewhat more of a fish eye lens on the perspective or you simply aren’t going to see much. Your stereo vision eyes can take it all in when you’re actually there, but a single camera angle has to be somewhat forced. 

I hope that helps.

Lol. Thanks. I'm an optical engineer who also uses SolidWorks. I'm also a computer guy. I can handle the discussion. I also have designed my own lenses in optical design software. And I'm an pro-am photographer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

look at this guy, how would you know….

(this is in jest just so everyone is clear) 

I know.  Doesn't he understand that opinions and Google are more accurate than daily hands-on experience and education? 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

Lol. Thanks. I'm an optical engineer who also uses SolidWorks. I'm also a computer guy. I can handle the discussion. I also have designed my own lenses in optical design software. And I'm an pro-am photographer.

I, too, enjoy computers and photography.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.