Bills release new stadium renderings

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

I was forced to switch from Solidworks to Autodesk Inventor about 20 years ago by a clueless engineering manager. Still sour about that...

We’re 100% Revit based these days and then import the model into Lumion to make these sort of renderings and fly through animations. I’m not sure what software the stadium architects are using.

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

Dark and light are relative. The human eye can see all of the color in shadows and direct sunlight at the same time just fine. Older cameras have less dynamic range that the human eye, so the contrast between shadow and direct sunlight is severe...

Newer cameras have much better dynamic range than the human eye. So they can render all of the color in the shadows and all of the color in the highlights, making the contrast between the two much less. No more washed out sunny field or blackened shadows...

And the signal can also be processed to increase the brightness in the shadows and decrease the brightness in the highlights as long as the camera can properly expose both highlight and shadows at the same time. Older cameras could only properly expose one or the other... And the most annoying thing ever was watching a game with the camera set to auto exposure, so the picture would constantly pulse between all white highlights or all back shadows. 

I understand that. Watching in person the shadow is still annoying. Again it's not about the cameras it's about the shadow

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

36 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I'm comparing this rendering to that rendering. Roof was said to cover 80% now it's 65%, you can tell that's where they cheaped out

PSX_20221027_111039.jpg

PSX_20221027_110553.jpg

Definitely looks like that extra little bit of awning that might be additional coverage after the initial presumed roof makes all the difference. It’s the difference between covering everything in the upper stands and half of the 100s and none of the 100s being covered at all and only half of the upper levels, or even less. 

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Are we talking retractable canopies? Is that even a thing? As shown, it doesn’t look like it would cover 65% of the seats.

If that’s the stadium, which apparently it is, then that’s a whole lot of meh from me. Then again, I’m someone who wanted a dome. 

If the inspiration was Tottenham’s stadium then I think they managed to make one that looks worse. 

No stadium will satisfy pro-dome people (domers? DOoMERs? dome heads?). 

This is such an obsession that that as soon as someone mentions dome I discount opinion. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

It's ugly af.

Based on the two pictures we have to react to, I think the outside looks pretty bad assed. I’ll admit the inside rendering opens more questions than providing answers at this point, but I’ll reserve judgement until I see more views. Not saying this is you, but anyone expecting a SoFi, Jerry World, Allegiant, or Tennessee was always going to be disappointed. It was never going to happen in Orchard Park.  

1 hour ago, jletha said:

Very intentional choice on the scoreboard renderings haha. Weird they chose us instead of Indy or the Ravens or something.

Hahaha. I am in a meeting and I was scrolling through waiting for someone to point out the use of what appears to be the stiff arm of Norman by Henry on the big board in the Titans Stadium rendering.  Salty.  

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

I love how the Bills got pressured into finally releasing some renderings by how fast Tennessee made theirs available to the public. Without that we would have waited another six months or more. 

With that I can’t believe how hard the bills and their marketing team failed on this one.

the Tennessee release had a fly in video had some clips of the Titans playing had different views of the new stadium and some aspects about it. 

the Bills….. here are two ***** pictures. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

With that I can’t believe how hard the bills and their marketing team failed on this one.

the Tennessee release had a fly in video had some clips of the Titans playing had different views of the new stadium and some aspects about it. 

the Bills….. here are two ***** pictures. 

I have to agree. In the world of architecture, this would be considered a bare minimum presentation for a project of this scale and public interest. Not exactly sure what’s going on here. 

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

You can’t have people in the stadium while construction is going on, and it is going to take a good amount of time to get all STH relocated, and then have time to sell the rest. It is interesting that they were able to do this at NYJ/NYG stadium.  I guess it all depends on the construction timeline. 

Not true. It will reach a point when it is safe for them to tour the stadium. The Islanders did the same thing when UBS was being built. Fans will have to wear a hard hat when touring the stadium, but it can be done.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I tried to use Revit to design my house, but it was a different animal compared to Inventor, so stuck with what I know. Used to use 3DSMax to render, but that was years ago. I doubt it's still the renderer of choice...

Way to go Gene. You’re a brave man trying to use Revit. It’s definitely not for ‘beginners’…no offense intended. Our people are on it full time and it’s still quite cumbersome. 

8 minutes ago, mrags said:

Definitely looks like that extra little bit of awning that might be additional coverage after the initial presumed roof makes all the difference. It’s the difference between covering everything in the upper stands and half of the 100s and none of the 100s being covered at all and only half of the upper levels, or even less. 

The Tottenham one looks like an actual roof structure too at the base. The Bills stadium looks like they are reusing some car port coverings from an apt complex

Edited by KDIGGZ

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.