Bills release new stadium renderings

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Oof.  Don’t like the sound of that one bit.

When I saw that I thought of them projecting the game outside the stadium in one of the open areas

13 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I love it. The snow and Christmas lights are an excellent touch.

If you zoom in close enough, you'll see one family dressed fully for the Blizzard of '28.  Next to them..then... There's a chicken wearing yoga pants and guy wearing a t-shirt.

What da heck gives?  Am I being marketed. 

I wanted a dome. And since we knew that wouldn’t happen, I can’t complain about this design. I think it looks cool and if 65% of the seats are somewhat covered, my old ass can opt to sit there while you crazy table-jumping youngsters can enjoy the 31 degree rain/snow combo with a large piece of steel bench to keep your ass nice and medium-rare. 

4 hours ago, DasNootz said:

Not a single folding table smash or fire in the exterior rendering - this is a fail for the marketing team.  They also forgot the obligatory Josh Allen leap over the stadium shot.  Here's a quick updated version before the SEQR meeting tonight.

StadiumRendering.jpg

I wish Allen was riding one of the Buffalo's.

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

It's like... Mayonase on white bread sandwiches and mineral water for dinner every day...

Almost looks like a generic sample model you would see when first openning 3D CAD or architectural software like Autodesk Revit or the like.

Boohoo

33 minutes ago, SDS said:

Just have to figure out where the fans are in each third and who is included in the 65%. I'm guessing 2/3 of the lower bowl is uncovered.

I’d guess that 2/3 of the lower bowl is uncovered as well as about 1/2 of the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th levels. I think even some of the upper level will not be under complete coverage. I really hope I’m wrong and it’s a pic of bad angles. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

What is the matter with most of you….freaking crybabies

The domeheads have been waiting for this day so they could cry.... about it not being a dome.

I believe the renderings look very much like what they promised, assuming you actually read what they promised and didn't start making up ideas in your head.

3 minutes ago, QCity said:

The domeheads have been waiting for this day so they could cry.... about it not being a dome.

I believe the renderings look very much like what they promised, assuming you actually read what they promised and didn't start making up ideas in your head.

Yea well you open air facepeople suck.  

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’d guess that 2/3 of the lower bowl is uncovered as well as about 1/2 of the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th levels. I think even some of the upper level will not be under complete coverage. I really hope I’m wrong and it’s a pic of bad angles. 

you have to trust that they’re not lying when they say 65% of the seats are covered. I just don’t think you can get to 65% with your description. The only way this makes sense is that 40,000 seats are covered and 20,000 seats in the lower bowl are not.

now, I don’t know what it means to be undercover if you’re in the lower bowl and the roofline is 50 feet above you.

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

I’m genuinely excited for when the tickets start to drop as the weather gets bad like they always do. 

The weather in Buffalo will always be a challenge. I wanted a dome too but realized an open air "canopy" stadium would be a good compromise if it reduced the wind. You're not going to make everyone happy.  And yes when the weather gets cold the prices will fall and I'll fly out and be glad for it. 

12 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I have figured out a name for the new stadium:

Generic Field

I think you'll grow to love it as Allen adds a few Championship banners to the rafters.

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

With that I can’t believe how hard the bills and their marketing team failed on this one.

the Tennessee release had a fly in video had some clips of the Titans playing had different views of the new stadium and some aspects about it. 

the Bills….. here are two ***** pictures. 

The Titans stadium does look pretty sweet.

It's like a colder-area version of the Rams stadium.

I would have loved to have that in Buffalo but its also half a billion more. Pegula did tell us that we need an economical stadium.

8 minutes ago, SDS said:

you have to trust that they’re not lying when they say 65% of the seats are covered. I just don’t think you can get to 65% with your description. The only way this makes sense is that 40,000 seats are covered and 20,000 seats in the lower bowl are not.

now, I don’t know what it means to be undercover if you’re in the lower bowl and the roofline is 50 feet above you.

I think a good portion of the “covered” seats that were not accounting for is club seats/suites or some sort, and open seating party decks of some sort. Similar to the clubs now. Only about 50% or even less are actually covered. None of the 100 levels are covered. I think you will see the upper deck in the new stadium covered with 2-4 middle levels with 50% or so covered. And very minimal of at all of the 100s covered. With a huge amount of 100 level seats I just don’t see it. At least not in these renderings. Plus, add in the fact that the roof will be dozens of feet above, not sure what kind of actually coverage they plan on providing for those 100 level people even if they are covered. 

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

I think a good portion of the “covered” seats that were not accounting for is club seats/suites or some sort, and open seating party decks of some sort. Similar to the clubs now. Only about 50% or even less are actually covered. None of the 100 levels are covered. 

Great thought.

A lot of "covered" seats are likely suites/indoor areas/areas that have overhangs that are not the structural top overhang.

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

I looked at the Titans new stadium, and hate that one too. Looks like a giant Sega Genesis...

I thought it was pretty cool, personally.

Reminds me a lot of the Rams stadium, which I love and is considered the best stadium in the NFL.

TZEYGSWK2JB4XLZWQSDDDFQC6Q.jpeg

Just now, Gene1973 said:

I looked at the Titans new stadium, and hate that one too. Looks like a giant Sega Genesis...

Style is always subjective but these are two very different stadium locations. Nashville’s design is a downtown location and I believe the architects are trying to create a downtown vibe with lots of balconies facing the streets so people can be seen in the stadium bars and restaurants, ‘hanging out’ before during and after the game. The other difference with a downtown design is that you cannot get far enough away from the facility to view it all at one time. The narrow streets and surrounding buildings block that kind of vista. The Orchard Park location is in the middle of a parking lot, so you can take in the entire stadium upon arrival. But unlike Nashville there’s no surrounding street atmosphere to engage with, so balconies and patios are somewhat superfluous.

Again, this isn’t about style. It’s about the stadium experience. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.