MNF: Chicago Bears at NE Patriots - with Manningcast!

Beck Water

4 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

There are some truly legendary takes in there during the first couple Zappe drives, i.e.

"This Pats team can be dangerous in the PLAYOFFS. I'm talking taking out KC good."

"This team is unstoppable. Stacked at literally every position, especially at QB."

my god. When i lived in Boston the fans were not known for their nuanced opinions for sure but this is next level delusion. Thank you for quoting so I don’t have to visit that pit.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Maybe they because Bears fans when their predictions did not come true.

One day I'm going to dig out some of those threads about Josh's potential after his first and second seasons. I remember arguing with this group of posters who were 100% convinced that it was impossible for Josh to develop into a franchise QB...

The Pats fans and MNF broadcasters were all soooooo breathlessly excited for Belichick to pass Halas on the all time wins list — and against the Bears no less — in front of a fired up home crowd.

Instead, they got wrecked by the Bears, who are basically a JV team, on National TV.

And as if that wasn’t sweet enough, they now also have a really awkward and hilarious QB controversy between two wildly mediocre QBs.

Best. MNF. Ever.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

One day I'm going to dig out some of those threads about Josh's potential after his first and second seasons. I remember arguing with this group of posters who were 100% convinced that it was impossible for Josh to develop into a franchise QB...

There’s some gems in here

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

There are some truly legendary takes in there during the first couple Zappe drives, i.e.

"This Pats team can be dangerous in the PLAYOFFS. I'm talking taking out KC good."

"This team is unstoppable. Stacked at literally every position, especially at QB."

They watch Brady for 20 years and still don’t know what a good QB looks like?

• Like (+1) 1

This is some serious BS from the Patriots OFFICIAL website (not some fan-based or third party site hosted by a guy in mom's basement):

https://www.patriots.com/news/game-observations-eight-takeaways-from-the-patriots-disappointing-loss-to-the-be

"On Monday Night Football at Gillette Stadium, New England was shockingly dominated by an inferior Bears team in a 33-14 victory over the heavily favored Patriots."

Inferior??    I've watched NFL football for 50+ years and I've NEVER seen a team's official, club-sanctioned media outlet call an opponent INFERIOR.   Under any circumstances.    Come hell or high water.     Never.

This is without doubt EXHIBIT 1A in why that franchise is despised by so many, in spite of what should be some grudging respect for their accomplishments.   The same way most long-term fans respect the Steelers or 49ers organizations and all their Lombardis.   

But not the Pats.   The fish rots from the head and it's a perfect embodiment of what a classless, crass and entitled organization Robert (Mr. Lube) Kraft runs there.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Motorin' said:

You know, it’s not really worth it.  Most of the morons who called Josh trash have either come clean and acknowledged their error, or they are long gone from this forum.  That’s the thing about message boards — you’re never truly getting a cross sample of what fans are thinking. 

And anyway…as they say, the best revenge is living well, and those of us who have been behind Josh from the beginning are living large right now.

Now, on to that game last night…wow, could that have possibly gone any better?

• Mac Jones benched, future in doubt —
  • Bailey Zappe mediocre/ineffective —
  • Pats*** outclassed and stomped at home by a crappy team on Monday night —
  • Pats*** at the bottom of the AFCE standings after W7 —

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Shake_My_Head said:

The fish rots from the head and it's a perfect embodiment of what a classless, crass and entitled organization Robert (Mr. Lube) Kraft runs there.

Bob's not getting the happy ending he wants this time.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Shake_My_Head said:

This is some serious BS from the Patriots OFFICIAL website (not some fan-based or third party site hosted by a guy in mom's basement):

https://www.patriots.com/news/game-observations-eight-takeaways-from-the-patriots-disappointing-loss-to-the-be

"On Monday Night Football at Gillette Stadium, New England was shockingly dominated by an inferior Bears team in a 33-14 victory over the heavily favored Patriots."

Inferior??    I've watched NFL football for 50+ years and I've NEVER seen a team's official, club-sanctioned media outlet call an opponent INFERIOR.   Under any circumstances.    Come hell or high water.     Never.

This is without doubt EXHIBIT 1A in why that franchise is despised by so many, in spite of what should be some grudging respect for their accomplishments.   The same way most long-term fans respect the Steelers or 49ers organizations and all their Lombardis.   

But not the Pats.   The fish rots from the head and it's a perfect embodiment of what a classless, crass and entitled organization Robert (Mr. Lube) Kraft runs there.

Their boards are a glorious place to visit after a game like this.

Such disillusionment.  Such confusion.

It’s like picking out the best Halloween candy from the basket. 

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.