MNF: Chicago Bears at NE Patriots - with Manningcast!

Beck Water

19 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Wow...ex Patriot DB Assante Samuel piling on Belichick now...

He's not lying though. He inherited a team with a pretty good defense and a good GM that kept them solid for some years. Tom carried him the rest of the way. Now, just like with Parcells, the game is passing him by. 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

He's not lying though. He inherited a team with a pretty good defense and a good GM that kept them solid for some years. Tom carried him the rest of the way. Now, just like with Parcells, the game is passing him by. 

I just want to see if he has come up with a gameplan that makes the Bills punt not involving 60 mph winds.

4 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I thought Fields played his best game last night, but he is not a good player right now. Hes got a pretty good arm, but lacks touch and his footwork is not good. Hes fast and a good runner, I think he could be a serviceable guy, but right now, not even close

It's interesting.

His "clock" is definitely not moving at NFL speed.  He needs to be coached to throw the ball OOB and move on to second or third down.  But that's been said of other young QB (Josh for example) and they learned over time.

The thing that bothered me watching Fields is that he never looks like he's having a good time.   He gets hit and he winces and hauls himself to his feet slowly like he can't take too many more of those.   He doesn't seem to have that "it" factor, that "we're not out of the game, we can do this!" attitude.  But, paradoxically, his WR and RB do go hard for him so I figured he must have something.

Then last night, they're kicking Patriot Butt and taking names, and he's clearly having a great time - cracking a big grin on the sideline at a good D play, laughing.  Then he goes back onto the field, and he still doesn't look like he's having a good time.

I concluded that Fields has the QB equivalent of "Resting B**ch Face" where when he's in the game and focused, he just looks like that.

Pat McAfee has the starting segment of today's show ROASTING one of his guys who was "All in" for the Patriots Beat Down last night:  "OH NO!"

It's the first Couple minutes.  Def. check it out, it's "Chicken Soup" (or maybe Mac-aroni Zappe Zuppa?) for the Bills Fans Soul.

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

It's interesting.

His "clock" is definitely not moving at NFL speed.  He needs to be coached to throw the ball OOB and move on to second or third down.  But that's been said of other young QB (Josh for example) and they learned over time.

The thing that bothered me watching Fields is that he never looks like he's having a good time.   He gets hit and he winces and hauls himself to his feet slowly like he can't take too many more of those.   He doesn't seem to have that "it" factor, that "we're not out of the game, we can do this!" attitude.  But, paradoxically, his WR and RB do go hard for him so I figured he must have something.

Then last night, they're kicking Patriot Butt and taking names, and he's clearly having a great time - cracking a big grin on the sideline at a good D play, laughing.  Then he goes back onto the field, and he still doesn't look like he's having a good time.

I concluded that Fields has the QB equivalent of "Resting B**ch Face" where when he's in the game and focused, he just looks like that.

Fields and Cutler both look MISERABLE, even when they are winning. 

Something about Chi town.

9 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The hating of fields is really weird. Dude is on a junk offense with a bad oline and his second coaching staff. All things considered, I think he is showing some progress. 

people love saying young’s qbs are busts. It’s weird. Except Mac and Zach Wilson. They are garbage. 😈

It's an Ohio State QB thing.

8 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I just looked at his postgame presser, and man the Patriots press corps are a bunch of tame housepets

Belichick gives them the most bull####, stonewalling answers and they seldom follow up; they give him either-or questions which make it easy for him to give nondescript replies that could apply to either option;  when they do follow up it's only once and they accept the same non-answer.

That WEEI grillin' got a link or can you hit a few highlights?

"Hey Bill, have you thought about your new years resolution" is a personal highlight of his press conferences 😆😆 smug a***h**e

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.