Covid Protocols 2023

On 7/22/2023 at 7:11 PM, Orlando Tim said:

There are two issues with this statement, you stated earlier that kids were never told their breath could harm another person but then you argue it is protect teachers, these two statements are in direct opposition to each other. Secondly my point is that by the begining of 2021-2022 school year it was known that masking did not help with the spread of Covid, so why mask when all the science says it is harming the kids and not helping anyone? BTW I am a teacher. 

Is it really a surprise that masks were being used during a pandemic

Let’s keep in mind that Covid was a new thing. It’s not like we’ve had an outbreak of it. In the past we were learning as we went.

By the way, I commend you for being a teacher. It is an honorable job, and could not have been easy during the pandemic

We’re  you teaching in Florida?

13 hours ago, B-Man said:

The rewriting of COVID history has begun ... refuse to be duped

GOOD, BUT THE JUDGMENT NEEDS A FEW MORE ZEROES: 

Christians Arrested For Outdoor Church Service During COVID-19 Win $300,000 Lawsuit.

church-2.webp

https://www.oann.com/newsroom/christians-arrested-for-outdoor-church-service-during-covid-19-win-300000-lawsuit/

That’s exactly what they should’ve been doing holding an outdoor service was a perfect solution

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Let’s keep in mind that Covid was a new thing. It’s not like we’ve had an outbreak of it. In the past we were learning as we went.

By the way, I commend you for being a teacher. It is an honorable job, and could not have been easy during the pandemic

That’s exactly what they should’ve been doing holding an outdoor service was a perfect solution

And folks did.  Not so difficult.  I know of a theater company that did plays at an old drive in- complete with bakelite speakers for the windows.  Some are more clever and adaptable than others.  On an even brighter note, I finally got my suit pants hemmed.  No one was buying them during Covid.  $70 for a wool sharkskin pattern suit from Jos A Banks.  And $13 for the hems.  There are always opportunities.  I also heard some R pols bought stock in zoom before it ever hit...

Edited by redtail hawk

11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Masking at the begining I am not arguing with since it was novel. I am discussing at begining of 2021-2022 school year, by that point it was shown by all studies that masks were not effective and we knew from speech pathologists that it was hurting kids greatly. The areas that required children to get vaccinated despite it being known that it would not being a benefit to the kids themselves should all be ashamed of themselves. I have an 18 year old and a 13 year old and the difference between our life and their northern cousins life for 2 years was astonishing considering the threat to the kids was less than from a flu, and as you stated by Sept 2021 we knew kids were not a threat to adults by simply being the same room with them. Personally I was back in the classroom in August 2020 and we were hyper vigilant about touching or being too close to each other but otherwise school went like normal. It was clear an obvious by January of 2021 it could be done but so many states did not do what should have been done. 

"Floridians died at a higher rate, adjusted for age, than residents of almost any other state during the Delta wave, according to the Times analysis," LaFraniere, Mazzei and Sun report. "With less than 7 percent of the nation's population, Florida accounted for 14 percent of deaths between the start of July and the end of October."

Nice job, Ron

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Sort of….I did my Graduate work there on a full scholarship. Sweet gig! 

Listen nerd, you might be proud of yourself but you had best start worrying about the feelings of those who drank their way through college and did not have any scholarship offers to grad school, like me. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Listen nerd, you might be proud of yourself but you had best start worrying about the feelings of those who drank their way through college and did not have any scholarship offers to grad school, like me. 

Hey! You of all posters should be proud of me. The deal was that I teach a freshman course while I did my graduate work. I absolutely loved teaching. 

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Hey! You of all posters should be proud of me. The deal was that I teach a freshman course while I did my graduate work. I absolutely loved teaching. 

Teaching is a good gig if you can get by on the pay.

• Agree 1

Just now, Orlando Tim said:

Teaching is a good gig if you can get by on the pay.

Tim, as always tell students…”do what you like doing and you’ll never work a day in your life”. There’s always somebody who makes more money than you do, even in your own profession, so don’t let that be your measuring stick of success. 

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Tim, as always tell students…”do what you like doing and you’ll never work a day in your life”. There’s always somebody who makes more money than you do, even in your own profession, so don’t let that be your measuring stick of success. 

Actually I meant in the " if you can afford to teach you should" way. I made 20k more in 2004 then I do as a teacher now but I simplified a little and I have a pretty sweet life, only issue is inflation is starting to eat away at my plan. I thought would be screwed financially if I had not bought my home in 2003.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Actually I meant in the " if you can afford to teach you should" way. I made 20k more in 2004 then I do as a teacher now but I simplified a little and I have a pretty sweet life, only issue is inflation is starting to eat away at my plan. I thought would be screwed financially if I had not bought my home in 2003.

Don’t get me wrong. There’s money to be made in EVERY profession. The point is to do something because you actually like doing it, and not because you think you can get paid well. In my experience the people who make the most money in every profession are the people who enjoy what they do and are good at it. 

I TAed a microbiology course I had taken in undergrad and then TAed a class on anatomy for prospective PT students. Had to do cat dissection . Hated going in on Saturdays to do the dissection that I had to teach during the week. What made it worthwhile was one student that the next year got into the PT program and  had to do human dissection. Ran into her on campus ands thanks me profusely   for TAing the cat dissection which made the human dissection course a snap.

Edited by Wacka
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'll just note the conclusion of the study:

Conclusion: mRNA-1273 myocardial injury was more common than previously thought, being mild and transient, and more frequent in women versus men. 

Nothing to worry about then! A big sigh of relief from all the young people of the world that were at extremely minimal risk to start with. 

2 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Nothing to worry about then! A big sigh of relief from all the young people of the world that were at extremely minimal risk to start with. 

I didn't say that. The suggestion was that there was some wave of horrific events. The study says there were elevated lab values consistent with mild and transient cardiac effects. 

14 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I didn't say that. The suggestion was that there was some wave of horrific events. The study says there were elevated lab values consistent with mild and transient cardiac effects. 

Whew, thank God, we got nothing to be worried abou......

49 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

How childish can people be? Of course vaccines have side effects. We would still have polio and smallpox outbreaks if right-wing pundits had an internet in the 1950s and 60s.

Which of those who heavily promoted the vaccine, from Trump to Fauci to Wolensky to Biden, declared “of course vaccines have side effects”? If none, why not?

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

How childish can people be? Of course vaccines have side effects. We would still have polio and smallpox outbreaks if right-wing pundits had an internet in the 1950s and 60s.

Good argument, the polio vaccine was created in 1949 but became widespread in 1955, they spent 5 years giving it 1.6 million people in total. Idid not let my children have the COVID vaccine for two major reasons: they are of the lowest risk, young and healthy along with the fact that MRNA has no long term research. To compare the two is simply showing your your ignorance of the fact that MRNA is a new technology and how all vaccines have occurred throughout our history.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Every drug has side effects, from aspirin to chemo. 

I read a vaccine study recently that showed correlation between later lots of the pfizer vaccine and high rates of myocarditis in younger age groups.

If this is true it would be very damning for the mandates that were put in place that forced many people, some who already had covid and therefore natural immunity, to get the vaccine in order to keep their jobs, attend school, compete in sports etc. It remains total misinformation to state that natural immunity is inferior to vaccine induced immunity, especially in younger populations with healthy, robust immune systems. Yet your government agencies and "experts" lied to you about this over and over and over again 

The paper showed that the formulation of some later lots were flawed, causing aggregation of the lipid nanoparticles (around 100 nm) that encapsulate the mRNA to be translated into spike protein antigen. This aggregation could be a potential cause of the observed higher myocarditis risk for those patients receiving those lots of the vaccine.

With the recent PPP tagging controversy .....I'll make an offer.

If any of the individual(s) who complained to mods about tagging wish to come forward, I will take them off ignore for a period of time to debate all things covid. I will also agree to not tag the poster for the entirety of the 2023 NFL season. Origins, vaccines, mandates, whatever.

Bring it.

To the sane of PPP, if anyone does come forward to accept the offer, this will be the one and only time I'll ask that you quote the response so I can see it and remove them from ignore.

I'll admit upfront that phylogenetic covid analysis is probably my weakest knowledge base.

But anyway...

• Like (+1) 1