Tre White expected back to full practice after the Bye (update - won’t play vs GB)

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Assuming he starts vs GB.. who is CB2? Elam or Dane?

I bet we see a rotation at corner. 

Not only at CB2, buy maybe at CB1 for the first few games that Tre is back, in order to ease him back into game shape.

Once Tre is back to full time CB1 duties, I bet Jackson, Elam, an Benford continue to platoon at CB2 unless and until one of them separates himself from the pack.

• Agree 5

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Gonna say Dane because of McD's fondness for vets over rookies. I'd guess they rotate plenty, though. 

Is this really the case? There’s been plenty of rooks thrown right in there if they have earned it. In this case I think Dane has earned it. 

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I bet we see a rotation at corner. 

Not only at CB2, buy maybe at CB1 for the first few games that Tre is back, in order to ease him back into game shape.

Once Tre is back to full time CB1 duties, I bet Jackson, Elam, an Benford continue to platoon at CB2 unless and until one of them separates himself from the pack.

I havent' watched clsoely enough to verify this but it looks like the Bills use them to strengths.

When it was Benford and Elam we used Benford on zone coverage with his ability to read and cover a zone. Elam was used to cover man and deep schemes. Jackson can do both of those equally well to both Elam and Benford. The difference between the former two is that they have higher ceilings and are better at those specific talents than Jackson whom is more well rounded.

The rotation you mentioned could be the plan.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it’s DJ to start. I think Elam and Tre give us the ability to play a lot more man and I expect a healthy increase in snap count as we moved forward. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dane, I imagine, but rotational based on matchup. When they're playing split coverage, I think Dane is still the best for that quarters coverage side.

30 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Why do you assume it's not between Dane and Benford?

I think Elam has since surpassed Benford based on the plays he's made and his availability, but still pretty even. If we want to look at it like a typical depth chart, I think Benford is back-up to Dane and Elam is back-up to White.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.