Was it Allen or Daboll?

Charles Romes

1 minute ago, DCofNC said:

Dabs is getting it done, Jones is playing pretty well, not spectacular, but pretty well. Reminds me of a tall Tyrod so far, that’s not awful.

You can only get so far with mediocre QB play...it will catch up to them eventually.

On 10/17/2022 at 2:28 PM, mrags said:

I mean is Jones really that special that what the Giants are doing is telling you Daboll is a QB whisperer? He hasn’t thrown for over 2TDs or 217 yards all season. The Giants aren’t winning because Jones, they are winning with good defense and the best RB (comeback player of the year) in Barkley 

Exactly.  The giants are doing a great job of scheming around Jones weaknesses and taking advantage of his limited strengths, whiling relying on their best player, Saquan, to carry the day.  I think Daboll is doing a fine coaching job, but this QB whisperer narrative is BS.  He had limited role is the development of Josh Allen.  He does know how to mold an offense around the skills of his players though.  

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

You can only get so far with mediocre QB play...it will catch up to them eventually.

Not saying it won’t, but they have been able to run and stop the run, honestly their pass D is pretty darn good too.  They are team that doesn’t “scare” you, but they can beat you.  6-1 is WAY beyond expectations for the year, it won’t surprise me to see them win 10 games this year, pretty insane considering what they did last year.

16 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I don’t think they’re going to pay Jones (at least not anything of substance). He isn’t doing anything. Daboll is winning with very little from the QB position. 

Agreed, Jones will be lucky to get a Trubiski like deal.  He’s a bottom 10 starter at best, it’s arguable there are guys on the bench elsewhere that are capable of more, but he’s got the job, is young, does have physical abilities, so I’m sure he’ll get a “prove it” deal.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/17/2022 at 11:24 AM, Charles Romes said:

I was one of those who thought it was all-Allen. In fact, in my view Allen carried Daboll all four years. However, looking at the astonishing reclamation going on in New York, it’s difficult to ignore the possibility that the Bills lucked out by having an all-time quarterback whisperer on staff when Allen arrived. Allen would have become great no matter who coached him, but possibly not this level of great. 

I think Daboll was a positive influence but I think Dorsey, Palmer and the entire offensive staff including Daboll developed Allen's tremendous raw talent. I also think McD had a positive impact on Daboll's ability to translate to a (so far) good coach. Seeing how things were run by McD and the impact he had on the culture of an organization has helped him a lot.

20 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Agreed, Jones will be lucky to get a Trubiski like deal.  He’s a bottom 10 starter at best, it’s arguable there are guys on the bench elsewhere that are capable of more, but he’s got the job, is young, does have physical abilities, so I’m sure he’ll get a “prove it” deal.

No there aren't.  He is a legit NFL starter.  They are 6-1.  You don't go 6-1 in the NFL with a guy who can't play.  He is coming back to win games too.  He is not in the top 1/2 of starters in the NFL, but he clearly in knocking on the door.  

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Not saying it won’t, but they have been able to run and stop the run, honestly their pass D is pretty darn good too.  They are team that doesn’t “scare” you, but they can beat you.  6-1 is WAY beyond expectations for the year, it won’t surprise me to see them win 10 games this year, pretty insane considering what they did last year.

Yeah they have played very solidly. Their weak schedule for the most part is helping tremendously as well. 

Even against not great teams they are pretty much going down to under 2 minutes in the game to decide it. It's great they are finding a way but c'mon... How many times can you expect to make a tackle at the 1 yard line as time expires to win?

2 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

No there aren't.  He is a legit NFL starter.  They are 6-1.  You don't go 6-1 in the NFL with a guy who can't play.  He is coming back to win games too.  He is not in the top 1/2 of starters in the NFL, but he clearly in knocking on the door.  

He is being helped tremendously by Daboll's scheme giving him easy throws quite a bit.

Edited by Big Turk

Daboll is doing a heck of a job. Saquan has revived his career and Daniel Jones is playing well with what little he has at WR. I’m impressed and would love to play them in the Super Bowl to get a little revenge from the only SB we rightfully should’ve won. Storylines abundant in this one. Here’s to a Bills vs Giants SB

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.