All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Only team that might sign him to 20M per is the Cowboys, and their fans would riot given Jerry Jones basically traded away a healthy Cooper making the same money because he wouldn’t get vaccinated. 

Cowboys fans wouldn’t riot, they’re like their owner-they want all flash they don’t care about substance. They will think signing OBJ will make the cowboys go undefeated 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

$20M/year, wow.

This has all been out there. 

Multi-year deal, hopeful to get 20M per year.  There were reports about OBJ looking for that when the time came months ago before he was ever even cleared.  

Either we’ll all be shocked and someone gives him that or that’s simply numbers put out by Odell’s agent. 

I can’t imagine we’d be hosting him at that price point.  And I can’t imagine we’re so far off that it wouldn’t make any sense to bring him in.  

I do think he’s getting a 2-3 year deal.  I’d be shocked if it’s 20M per, with this year being pro-rated of course. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

$20M/year, wow.

Not surprising if that’s what he really wants.  What he gets, is a different thing.  If really 20, not sure how Buffalo could swing that. 

The question for the Bills right now?  Is he healthy and can he contribute?  If so, dollars for a 1 year end of season contract should be doable.  Probably not a multi-year contract.

13 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

$20M/year, wow.

Got to start negotiations with a high #. But reading this article,  I see where it may come from.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-treating-odell-beckham-jr-fairly-on-a-long-term-deal-as-he-prepares-for-nfl-return/amp/

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

It is a "Welcome Odell" menu by Executive Chef Darian Bryan.  He is Jamaican chef in Buffalo making waves.

Menu:

First Course: Fried Goat Cheese Salad

Second Course: Cajun Seafood Pasta

Third Course: Steak Au Poivre with Brandy Cream Sauce, Mashed Potatoes and Vegetables

Fourth Course: (Desert by Sweet Pea Bakery😞 Gooey Butter Cake and Red Velvet Cake.

I believe both Stefon Diggs and Gabe Davis have this guy cook for them. 

Apparently he has a gift for preparing super-tasty food that meets the nutritional and caloric needs of the WRs.

IMMA guess a normal WR dinner during the season does not include two kinds of cake tho

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Oh, My!  Let's look at that one in full:

Odell Beckham WR, Unsigned Free Agent

FOX Sports' Ralph Vacchiano reports there is "considerable doubt" free agent Odell Beckham (knee) can return to play this year. 

Beckham, who tore his ACL twice in a 16-month span, expects to be fully cleared later this month. Returning this late in the season, there are questions over how healthy Beckham is and whether he can contribute down the stretch. Beckham informed teams he's seeking a multi-year contract that he "hopes ends up being worth $20 million per year." That would put Beckham out of the Giants' price range. Beckham is expected to visit with Buffalo this weekend but the Cowboys remain the favorites for Beckham if the 30-year-old returns this season.

If Beckham, having re-injured the same ACL 2x in 2 years, wants a multi-year $20M contract, he can want it somewhere else.

Don't Do It, Beane.  We have GOT to get more help out of our draft picks and lower price FA

Edit: my browser didn't update the link correctly, this is the link I pulled that from:

Beane will never sign a deal like that. No worries. 

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

OBJ will not get that $$ from

any team. He’s had 2 knee injuries and isn’t 26 anymore. If he does sign this season , he’s not getting that kind of cheddar. He’s hoping, but he’ll ultimately sign for a lot less. 

Bingo!

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I wonder if there’s any chance Brandin cooks would be released? 

I like this thought process. Cooks would ba a nice addition. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

Fresh but not in shape. He’s an analyst on NFLN.

Wasn’t serious.  Kinda surprised to not hear his name TBH.

Honestly felt he took field time from Davis last year and wasn’t a dominant player by any means.  Didn’t know he was on NFLN.

Edited by davefan66

Gotta love OBJ's process.  Take a week of wining and dining by NFL frachises as they roll out the good steaks and sushi.  Then put an outrageous amount of money on the ask line.  When all is said and done, he maybe, and I do mean maybe, gets into 3 games before the playoffs.  Two more likely.  All the while no one knows if he can even run or is in game shape.  OBJ doing his utmost to remind folks that there is not a bigger diva position in all of sports than WR.  Hey look at me..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I would love it if the Bills added OBJ, but all of this talk and hype has kind of moved me to the "I just don't care that much any more" phase.

If they get him, he'll help the offense.

If they don't, they'll have more money to re-sign guys like Edmunds, Oliver, and Poyer.

At the end of the day, OBJ just doesn't seem like the type of guy to turn down the bright lights of NYC or Dallas for Orchard Park, NY.

If we get him, great. If not, I'll shrug and move on.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, wjag said:

Gotta love OBJ's process.  Take a week of wining and dining by NFL frachises as they roll out the good steaks and sushi.  Then put an outrageous amount of money on the ask line.  When all is said and done, he maybe, and I do mean maybe, gets into 3 games before the playoffs.  Two more likely.  All the while no one knows if he can even run or is in game shape.  OBJ doing his utmost to remind folks that there is not a bigger diva position in all of sports than WR.  Hey look at me..

I wouldn't be surprised if when all is said and done he doesn't sign anywhere until after the season. What incentive does a team have to sign him now if there are serious question as to whether he can play this year? Especially if he is looking for a big deal. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.