Week 6: Bills at CHIEFS 10/16 4:25pm

YoloinOhio

40 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

QB: Josh Allen neutralizes Patrick Mahomes. Neither team has an advantage there = NEUTRAL.

TEAM OFFENSE: Chiefs is rated number one. However, Bills is rated number 2, right? The difference is tiny. Advantage: Slight edge by Chiefs. Still gotta give it to them, but not a huge advantage over us.

TEAM DEFENSE: Bills is number one. Numero uno in the NFL. Clear cut domination. We're number one in Point Differential by a landslide. And that's with our injured secondary.

Chiefs air defense is awful, but the sports media decided, in unison, NOT to mention it because they want to hype up the match up:

• Chiefs currently allow the opposing QB the most completions in the NFL (Abysmal sign for Chiefs since we're one of the elites at getting completions through the air)
  • They're in the Top 10 in passing yards allowed. (Advantage: Buffalo)
  • Tied for last place for TDs allowed, which means that Chiefs is abysmal at stopping the opposing team get TDs via passing.
  • Ranked number 6 in first downs allowed through the air, which means Chiefs is at the bottom of the league at stopping the opposing team get 1st downs via passing
  • Chiefs secondary can barely get interceptions. They're one of the worst in the league.
  • Chiefs is ranked number 26 (near the bottom of the league) at letting the opposing team end their drives with scores, which means they're awful.
  • Our defense is ranked 2 at letting the opposing team end their drives with scores. We're nearly tied with 49ers (currently number one) in that department, which means we're elite.

Don't bother running the ball against the Chiefs though. They're good at stopping the run. They ARE our equals in that department.  Both teams will have to abandon the run since both teams are so good at stopping it.

Advantage: Buffalo Bills. Massive onslaught by us.

FIELD: Neutral

Kansas City has no home field advantage. We played so many times at Arrowhead. It's really our 2nd home.

COACHING: Chiefs. Andy Reid.

He has the accolades and great win record. Then again, Andy Reid can do so much. His team defense, at stopping the air attack, completely sucks this year. Despite that, it's no mistake that their record is 4-1 even with a bad defense though. The greatness of Mahomes, Andy Reid, and Travis Kelce got them here.

The winner of this Week 6 game: I'm terrible at making predictions, but I'll pick our Buffalo Bills. Don't be shocked if we blow them the EFF out.

We will beat them through the air with our number 2 offense and limit their offense BIG TIME with our number one defense. If our secondary was fully healthy, we would have an historic number one defense.

Josh Allen should be throwing 50+ times. Let 'er rip. As long as we don't have big injuries to key players, we shouldn't be surprised if Josh Allen got 6 TDs and 500+ yards. Protect Josh Allen at all costs. No designed runs for him. The chances of him breaking one for a TD are low anyway.

Chiefs is ripe for the picking. It's been building up for us to destroy them. Mahomes will just go to Kelce when they hit within goal line. That's a given. I'm confident in our defense limiting that since we have Von Miller, Poyer, and Milano.

Really nice breakdown. A few comments. You can't say the home field advantage is neutral. The Chiefs clearly have a huge home field advantage which is likely to influence the refs calls too. 

100% the Bills have a huge defensive advantage. However, Mahomes can be a one man wrecking show. The Bills secondary is still very young too. The Bills defense must pressure, contain, and sack Mahomes. Imho, that is the key to stopping them. Also, Reid will have several new wrinkle plays. What's very helpful is that Mahomes hasn't been effective with the deep ball. They play more of a plotting, dink and dunk offense. I'm wondering if they don't try to take some deep shots this game? Sure wish Tre and Hyde were playing. Oh well. Two difference makers missing sucks. At least Tre is coming back soon. Back on point. 

I just can't see this Chief defense stopping Buffalo. They are young, inexperienced, and like you illustrated statistically poor. I agree about airing it out. However, I think the Bills will take a different approach and try to effectively run the ball. Running the ball should slow down the Chiefs pass rush. We've seen in the past Reid daring the Bills to run. Concentrating on attacking and pressuring Allen. In 2020, it worked because the Chiefs were the better team. Not so much in 2021. The Bills were equal and probably better than the Chiefs. Allen was fantastic. In 2022, I believe the Bills have surpassed the Chiefs in talent. Better Wrs and defense. 

One point of emphasis in this game is going to be the aggressiveness of the offenses. I believe both coaches will be ultra aggresive. I'm expecting to see several 4th down attempts. The importance of TDs vs FGs  is huge. 

My final prediction is:

Bills 38

Chiefs 30

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

2017 - Bills at Chiefs (divisional rotation)
2018 - Did not play
2019 - Did not play
2020 - Chiefs at Bills (divisional rotation)(covid- very light attendance allowed)
2020 - Bills at Chiefs (playoffs, Chiefs higher seed)
2021 - Bills at Chiefs (same-place finishers)
2021- Bills at Chiefs (playoffs, Chiefs higher seed)
2022 - Bills at Chiefs (same-place finishers)

2023-Bills at Chefs

***** the NFL's garbage schedule BS

I think this quirk of the scheduling system mostly makes sense, the only thing I'm still wondering about is why same-place finishers don't rotate from one year to the next the way you'd think it would. 

Like, the Bills will always play an AFC West team that finished the same position they did. Why is the AFC West game away two years in a row? 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Her NFL.com video was insanely goofy. It was some sort of simulation based on weird hypothesis.

I'm not saying the chiefs cant or won't win but it was really odd to hear her dap up the bills then drop them by 1 to be Chefs. 

I really don’t get the appeal of Cynthia Frelund. I don’t know exactly why, but every time I hear her predict something like “124 passing yards” instead of just saying 125 like every other person would say, it drives me nuts. It’s a prediction! Round to the nearest 5 yards and stop trying to sound like you can predict to the exact yard. Rant over. 

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Really nice breakdown. A few comments. You can't say the home field advantage is neutral. The Chiefs clearly have a huge home field advantage which is likely to influence the refs calls too. 

100% the Bills have a huge defensive advantage. However, Mahomes can be a one man wrecking show. The Bills secondary is still very young too. The Bills defense must pressure, contain, and sack Mahomes. Imho, that is the key to stopping them. Also, Reid will have several new wrinkle plays. What's very helpful is that Mahomes hasn't been effective with the deep ball. They play more of a plotting, dink and dunk offense. I'm wondering if they don't try to take some deep shots this game? Sure wish Tre and Hyde were playing. Oh well. Two difference makers missing sucks. At least Tre is coming back soon. Back on point. 

I just can't see this Chief defense stopping Buffalo. They are young, inexperienced, and like you illustrated statistically poor. I agree about airing it out. However, I think the Bills will take a different approach and try to effectively run the ball. Running the ball should slow down the Chiefs pass rush. We've seen in the past Reid daring the Bills to run. Concentrating on attacking and pressuring Allen. In 2020, it worked because the Chiefs were the better team. Not so much in 2021. The Bills were equal and probably better than the Chiefs. Allen was fantastic. In 2022, I believe the Bills have surpassed the Chiefs in talent. Better Wrs and defense. 

One point of emphasis in this game is going to be the aggressiveness of the offenses. I believe both coaches will be ultra aggresive. I'm expecting to see several 4th down attempts. The importance of TDs vs FGs  is huge. 

My final prediction is:

Bills 38

Chiefs 30

You can disagree all you want, but I disagree with your assessment.

It's a mistake to run the ball against the Chiefs. Their team defense stats, versus the run, shows the Chiefs is still one of the elites at stopping the run. So don't bother running. Are you expecting our RBs and Josh Allen to run well over 100 yards on their home field? Fat chance. You want to increase Josh Allen's chances of getting injured?  We don't.

Sack Mahomes? We've had past games to stack our experience. And that's also why we signed Von Miller. He's still a game changer. Did you forget he's on our team? Greg Rousseau has been great, too.

Our secondary is young and inexperienced but still good. We didn't become the number one defense by being crappy.

Jordan Poyer is another game changer performing at Pro Bowl level.

Taron Johnson is respectable and experienced. 

Matt Milano is an experienced tackling monster.

Even though our secondary is mostly banged up, Chiefs defensive secondary is bloody awful to guard our elite receivers. I cannot emphasize that enough. Chiefs secondary is a sh*t show as their stats reveal.

I'm also accounting that Chiefs don't have Tyreek Hill anymore. It's really Kelce and Scantling (Scantling is not elite) doing the heavy lifting for their receiving core. Bills keying in on this.

As for home field, I've already written "NEUTRAL." We played so much there at Kansas City. Here is where all of that pays off. Their Arrowhead doesn't faze me at all.

Look at how the Las Vegas Raiders performed last Monday vs Chiefs AT Arrowhead. Raiders came close to beating the Chiefs. Chiefs let the 1-4 Raiders score 29 points at Arrowhead. Remember that the Raiders defense suck everywhere this year and their offense is bad, too. Chiefs should have blown them out, but they didn't. Raiders couldn't key on Kelce.

I know that our number one defense will not let Mahomes and Chiefs score anywhere near 30. Kelce is not getting 4 TDs on us. I'm 99% confident. Josh Allen is an experienced Superstar QB and knows how to eat clock, but also knows when to pour it on. I'm sure Allen is not going to let off the gas. He wants to make a statement. Let 'er rip.

That Baltimore Raven game woke us up. We can't have a bad 1st half like that. We're number one in point differential. We want to make a statement.

Final score: Bills 42, Chiefs 17

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Agreed.  The home field advantage of that Arrowhead crowd is real, just as the home field advantage is real in Orchard Park.

re: calls, I don't fear the Chiefs.  But I fear the Zebras.  I felt they manipulated the Chiefs Raiders game, first for the Raiders and later for the Chiefs.

59 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

So a counterpoint about being aggressive.  I actually think both teams would like to play ball control on offense - both teams, fundamentally, to protect their relatively inexperienced secondaries.

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

It's not really weird til the slo mo clips of Josh's manhood swinging under his shorts appear

Wait Wat!  Those are a Thing?

Edited by Beck Water

1 hour ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Defense wins championships. Offense wins games. Until it's the playoffs the offense have more favor.  JMO of course but we won't be firing on all cylinders until it's time to do so. ... Which rolls into the next point. 

10 hours ago, Locomark said:

I just watched the last playoff game on NFL network and it again makes my biggest concern our coaching in big moments. I didn’t realize we actually called 2 defensive timeouts. Each right before those 2 final 4th quarter defensive plays where we still stopped squat. Ewww.
We win Sunday if we don’t get outcoached, again. 

Note: the positive side of watching that playoff game, Ingram and Hill destroyed us and they are gone and our worst OL from that game, Williams was awful and is not on our team anymore. 

One earmark of our team is our coaching they always seem limited. McD has struggled in game but getting better.  A new OC and I'm concerned more.

Our coaching errors and issues are revealed when we play to our opponents. Our coaches need to empower our players to play at their own level and if they're champions then they need to play like one. This 1/11 works for team building and effort. But with this talent it's time to coach them to their potential. Not to their fraction. 

(Fragmented. At a youth soccer game so focus is tough. 😂)

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

It's a mistake to run the ball against the Chiefs. Their team defense stats, versus the run, shows the Chiefs is still one of the elites at stopping the run. So don't bother running. Are you expecting our RBs and Josh Allen to run well over 100 yards on their home field? Fat chance. You want to increase Josh Allen's chances of getting injured?  We don't.

Sack Mahomes? We've had past games to stack our experience. And that's also why we signed Von Miller. He's still a game changer. Did you forget he's on our team? Greg Rousseau has been great, too.

Our secondary is young and inexperienced but still good. We didn't become the number one defense by being crappy.

Even though our secondary is mostly banged up, Chiefs defensive secondary is bloody awful to guard our elite receivers. I cannot emphasize that enough. Chiefs secondary is a sh*t show as their stats reveal.

I'm also accounting that Chiefs don't have Tyreek Hill anymore. It's really Kelce and Scantling (Scantling is not elite) doing the heavy lifting for their receiving core. Bills keying in on this.

As for home field, I've already written "NEUTRAL." We played so much there at Kansas City. Here is where all of that pays off. Their Arrowhead doesn't faze me at all.

Look at how the Las Vegas Raiders performed last Monday vs Chiefs AT Arrowhead. Raiders came close to beating the Chiefs. Chiefs let the 1-4 Raiders score 29 points at Arrowhead. Remember that the Raiders defense suck everywhere this year and their offense is bad, too. Chiefs should have blown them out, but they didn't. Raiders couldn't key on Kelce.

I know that our number one defense will not let Mahomes and Chiefs score anywhere near 30. Kelce is not getting 4 TDs on us. I'm 99% confident. Josh Allen is an experienced Superstar QB and knows how to eat clock, but also knows when to pour it on. I'm sure Allen is not going to let off the gas. He wants to make a statement. Let 'er rip.

That Baltimore Raven game woke us up. We can't have a bad 1st half like that. We're number one in point differential. We want to make a statement.

Message will be sent throughout the league!! Just like opening night! 

Edited by Solomon Grundy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Also it appears the Bills have started using more pin and pull tactics in the run block game...there were sever runs in the Pittsburgh game that utilized these and they worked well...

Not sure why coaches tried to force the zone blocking scheme on a team that has struggles last year and obviously the same struggle this year...maybe Kromer thought he could coach them up but clearly they are not good at this maybe due to the type of players

Pin and pull has worked better for the Bills compared to zone since Spain was a guard on our line, it is troubling that the coaches have not grasped this fully, coaches can get stuck in the square peg round hole dilemma, hopefully the have wrapped their combined heads around this reality going forward,

17 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Their Arrowhead doesn't faze me at all.

That’s a relief!  I was starting to think that you were going to be inactive on Sunday!  At least we’ll surely have one player that isn’t fazed

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, NewEra said:

My analysis consists of watching the games and watching him play. He’s not a good RT.  Terrible….maybe a bit harsh.  Not good, hits just right

I am sorta with you. I’m not as high as others are on Brown. I like the guy and what he brings to the roster and the OL as a person/teammate. I like how physical he is. But ultimately I think he’s just been OK to date. 

That said he’s still a young guy with immense measurables. I certainly haven’t written him off. 

I think Morse is our best OL by some margin, which is a bummer because he’s one more cracked egg from an omelette. 

I mentioned it this past offseason, if the Bills love a LT in the draft I think they should take it, and move Dawkins inside. His contract is not absurd for OG these days. He’s a good but not great LT, if the Bills love a rookie there is a world where they can immediately upgrade of LT and LG with one draft pick. 

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

i mostly agree with this (esp the score!). But I do think the Bills will need to run, if only to run playaction off of it. 

I was at least encouraged that Jacobs ran well on the chiefs, and that raiders offense isn’t super great at running the ball.  Just got to run to keep them honest. 

And as rough as our run game has been, we have generated at least a handful of big run opportunities the last several weeks (Moss 40-yard run; Moss cut back against Steelers where he fell down but was really open for a big gainer; Singletary on a few 20-yarders; and the Cook TD). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

QB: Josh Allen neutralizes Patrick Mahomes. Neither team has an advantage there = NEUTRAL.

TEAM OFFENSE: Chiefs is rated number one. However, Bills is rated number 2, right? The difference is tiny. Advantage: Slight edge by Chiefs. Still gotta give it to them, but not a huge advantage over us.

TEAM DEFENSE: Bills is number one. Numero uno in the NFL. Clear cut domination. We're number one in Point Differential by a landslide. And that's with our injured secondary.

Chiefs air defense is awful, but the sports media decided, in unison, NOT to mention it because they want to hype up the match up:

• Chiefs currently allow the opposing QB the most completions in the NFL (Abysmal sign for Chiefs since we're one of the elites at getting completions through the air)
  • They're in the Top 10 in passing yards allowed. (Advantage: Buffalo)
  • Tied for last place for TDs allowed, which means that Chiefs is abysmal at stopping the opposing team get TDs via passing.
  • Ranked number 6 in first downs allowed through the air, which means Chiefs is at the bottom of the league at stopping the opposing team get 1st downs via passing
  • Chiefs secondary can barely get interceptions. They're one of the worst in the league.
  • Chiefs is ranked number 26 (near the bottom of the league) at letting the opposing team end their drives with scores, which means they're awful.
  • Our defense is ranked 2 at letting the opposing team end their drives with scores. We're nearly tied with 49ers (currently number one) in that department, which means we're elite.

Don't bother running the ball against the Chiefs though. They're good at stopping the run. They ARE our equals in that department.  Both teams will have to abandon the run since both teams are so good at stopping it.

Advantage: Buffalo Bills. Massive onslaught by us.

FIELD: Neutral

Kansas City has no home field advantage. We played so many times at Arrowhead. It's really our 2nd home.

COACHING: Chiefs. Andy Reid.

He has the accolades and great win record. Then again, Andy Reid can do so much. His team defense, at stopping the air attack, completely sucks this year. Despite that, it's no mistake that their record is 4-1 even with a bad defense though. The greatness of Mahomes, Andy Reid, and Travis Kelce got them here.

The winner of this Week 6 game: I'm terrible at making predictions, but I'll pick our Buffalo Bills. Don't be shocked if we blow them the EFF out.

We will beat them through the air with our number 2 offense and limit their offense BIG TIME with our number one defense. If our secondary was fully healthy, we would have an historic number one defense.

Josh Allen should be throwing 50+ times. Let 'er rip. As long as we don't have big injuries to key players, we shouldn't be surprised if Josh Allen got 6 TDs and 500+ yards. Protect Josh Allen at all costs. No designed runs for him. The chances of him breaking one for a TD are low anyway.

Chiefs is ripe for the picking. It's been building up for us to destroy them. Mahomes will just go to Kelce when they hit within goal line. That's a given. I'm confident in our defense limiting that since we have Von Miller, Poyer, and Milano.

Just to put some numbers to the rankings........As far as the offenses are concerned the Chiefs are #1 in scoring while we are #2(31.8 vs 30.4). We though are #1 in yards while they are #6. We out gain them by 59 yards(440.4 vs 381.4).

Our points allowed on defense is T-#1 while theirs is #24, they're giving up more than twice the points we are(12.2 vs 25.0). We are #2 in yards allowed while they are #14. They give up 78.8 more yards per game(260.4 vs 339.2). We are T-#1 in takeaways while they are #28. We almost have triple their takeaways(11 vs 4), they don't even average 1 per game.

Maybe my favorite stat of this week...The Chiefs have 1,907 yards this year on offense, Josh by himself has 1,876 yards. Which means the entire Chiefs offense only has 31 more yards than Josh has. Crazy.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Just to put some numbers to the rankings........As far as the offenses are concerned the Chiefs are #1 in scoring while we are #2(31.8 vs 30.4). We though are #1 in yards while they are #6. We out gain them by 59 yards(440.4 vs 381.4).

Our points allowed on defense is T-#1 while theirs is #24, they're giving up more than twice the points we are(12.2 vs 25.0). We are #2 in yards allowed while they are #14. They give up 78.8 more yards per game(260.4 vs 339.2). We are T-#1 in takeaways while they are #28. We almost have triple their takeaways(11 vs 4), they don't even average 1 per game.

Maybe my favorite stat of this week...The Chiefs have 1,907 yards this year on offense, Josh by himself has 1,876 yards. Which means the entire Chiefs offense only has 31 more yards than Josh has. Crazy.

To add to your last paragraph. Josh has played basically 2 less qrts as well.😁

• Like (+1) 5

53 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I really don’t get the appeal of Cynthia Frelund. I don’t know exactly why, but every time I hear her predict something like “124 passing yards” instead of just saying 125 like every other person would say, it drives me nuts. It’s a prediction! Round to the nearest 5 yards and stop trying to sound like you can predict to the exact yard. Rant over. 

Not even that, just say Diggs will get over 100 yards.  Diggs is looking in the 120-130 range.

Her appeal is that she wears a dress and people can ferment over her exact prediction while not holding her accountable. 

All she needs is someone to listen to her and say her name. She does it well 

1 hour ago, eball said:

Holy crap!  The sign you see being held up when they are kicking the extra point was mine!  We were sitting in that end zone…awesome!

I never realized it made it on TV…

I was there too. Up in 306... favorite game I attended. Appreciated it more than 51-3.

19 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

We all know KCs #1 PPG ranking is bogus. The Bills pulled Allen and the starters for 2.5 quarters. If they left them in we would easily be ahead of them in this metric

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Just now, Big Turk said:

We all know KCs #1 PPG ranking is bogus. The Bills pulled Allen and the starters for 2.5 quarters. If they left them in we would easily be ahead of them in this metric

Totally agree. Also if Gabe wasn't playing on a bad ankle for 2 weeks we would be blowing the doors off them in points. This offense is a completely different animal when he's healthy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Probably the wrong thread for this, but MJ from NFL Network is smoking.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.