Week 6: Bills at CHIEFS 10/16 4:25pm

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Is Christian Benford slated to play this weekend?

According to this guy, who I think is really good....

I agree with @Process, this is about as good as we could hope for right now. If we can come out of this game without anything serious, we could be near full strength and health after the bye.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Is Christian Benford slated to play this weekend?

Dunno, but Benford has no game status, meaning he is available.  This has me blinking, because he is still wearing quite the padding and was limited all week.

Ditto for Dawson Knox who has been limited with a hamstring all week and Edmunds who had 1 day of full, today.

I do wonder if McDermott is starting to play a little bit of games with the injury report. 

Last week it was "4 guys are questionable, so Guess Who!", 2 played and 2 didn't.

This week it's "no one is questionable, so Guess Who!"

Edited by Beck Water

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Watched the playoff game again, at least up until the final Bills drive.

So many times in that game Mahomes extended plays that I believe this years pass rush won’t allow.

That was the difference in the game and I see it as both a good and bad thing. Obviously bad because he killed us with his legs, but good because that indicated good coverage in the secondary as well. I’m with you on this. If we get the same level of decent coverage in the secondary (which we also had in last year’s regular season game, btw) and the D line contains him better, I like our chances. 

8 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

How to combat Mahomes getting rid of the ball in <2 seconds. 

You can't.  What you can do is ensure whoever the ball goes to gets stopped short.

But I think the OP point in the post you responded to was all the times we gave Mahomes much more than 2 seconds.

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

BOMBS AWAY!!! DEEP ALL GAME

Wouldn't that be more a function of their safety play?  Thornhill is solid.  Justin Reid is a 5 year vet and capable, albeit he's no "Honey Badger".

Edited by Beck Water

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

You can't.  What you can do is ensure whoever the ball goes to gets stopped short.

But I think the OP point in the post you responded to was all the times we gave Mahomes much more than 2 seconds.

Wouldn't that be more a function of their safety play?  Thornhill is solid.  Justin Reid is a 5 year vet and capable, albeit he's no "Honey Badger".

Josh can just throw over their heads

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

So many times in that game Mahomes extended plays that I believe this years pass rush won’t allow.

Yep....we know the Bills are going to score a lot of points, we know the Chiefs are going to score some points, but the improved pass rush should net the Bills a few more Defensive stops than the Chiefs will be able to generate vs the Bills offense.

Go Bills!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This is probably the biggest key to the game. 

24 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

There was a time you were right??😲

I must say it feels good to be right. Thanks!

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Process said:

This is beautiful. Hyde White and Phillips are obviously key pieces but this is the healthiest we've been since week 1. Hopefully White and Phillips are good to go after the bye and we are pretty much back at full strength.

That's a beautiful thing to see!

Fasten your seatbelts Bills fans.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.