Was Tony Romo baked on the call today ?

Teddy KGB

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I dunno but my wife commented on how nasty it was when they showed him in the booth with his arms up and he had sweaty pits.

He was raising his hands in celebration, so he must have loving some Bills.

Best Romo quote:

"Teams punt the ball 7 times in a game, the Bills punted 7 times all season "

He's really into the Bills!

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

All the money this guy makes on commercials and in the booth but he can't afford a decent deodorant. 

It's only been about 90 years since men were marketed deodorant.   I wonder what they did prior to the 1930s? Woman 20 years prior to that.

"Never let them see you sweat!" Is such Madison Ave. BS.  Glad times are changing back a bit. 

I had absolutely no problem with that. Keeping it real is a good thing. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

I don't mind him honestly. Sire he says some stupid stuff, but I find him entertaining compared to most announcers. I'd listen to Romo 100x's over before Collinsworth 

Like choosing between a douche and a turd sandwich. But I agree... I'll take the Romo turd any day over Collingsworth every day.

Edited by Bferra13

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Games become tough to call in an interesting way that keeps fans engaged when they’re as one-sided as today’s contest was.

There are only so many talking points in the “things to talk about during a blowout” bag of tricks.

That said, I do agree that today was not Romo’s best day.

Also, for all the crap we give Collinsworth, it was Romo who won the “how many times can I mention Mahomes during a non-Chiefs game” contest.

Yes. I absolutely hate when they compare a throw Josh makes as a Mahommes or Rodgers throw. It’s a Josh throw. Plain and simple 

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

He was raising his hands in celebration, so he must have loving some Bills.

Best Romo quote:

"Teams punt the ball 7 times in a game, the Bills punted 7 times all season "

He's really into the Bills!

Haha oh ya. He officially has the bills/josh love fest

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Idk. I didn’t hear the TV audio during the game .Checked it out later on and was pleasantly surprised by Romo and Nantz. ( haven’t seen second half of telecast yet) they seemed fine and I’m not usually  their biggest fan. I prefer Ian Eagle. 

Ian Eagle rocks.

3 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

i like him.   Just seemed like he was amped up and was rambling a lot like me after a j or two 😂😂

Just a joke, he was extra chatty today. 

I’d take him over 90% of the alternatives.  

when he dropped the Reggie Ragland trade I was like Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

I’m pretty sure he probably got that from interviewing Beane in his prep for the game. Beane got a 4th rounder for Ragland. Probably one of Beane’s best trades.

38 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’m pretty sure he probably got that from interviewing Beane in his prep for the game. Beane got a 4th rounder for Ragland. Probably one of Beane’s best trades.

Seriously. The dude lost his job to Tanner Vallejo.

although the chiefs owed us big for getting them Mahomes 

3 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

You would have thought Kenny Pickett had Allen’s stat line the way he drooled over the most routine pocket mobility and average throws 

Steelers have a large nationwide following he has to try and get those folks excited about something to keep watching.  Ratings is where most of the money comes from.  

7 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

What a Chatty Cathy, this man didn’t stop talking the whole time. 

Lmao when he talked about not keeping Reggie Ragland (after Beane got rid of Marcel and Sammy Watkins) 

Ragland was a 2nd rounder. And they got a 4th for him. Since then that has turned out to be decent value. 

At the time it was a bit controversial.

7 hours ago, Chaos said:

I think once we learned that Jim Nantz had lost him mom this week, it made perfect sense that Romo carried the game.  

Yeah, this'n.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.