Trade Deadline (Nov 1) Bills Rumors / Speculation

Warriorspikes51

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That's not a bad comp........Najee is more hyped because he can hurdle a defender from time to time and he is a better receiver than Anthony Thomas.........but the thing they have in common is that they would be given the ball a lot and do nothing with it and get far too much hype.    Najee made the pro bowl last year with over 380 touches for a horrific 4.4 yards per touch.   His yards per reception was around 6.  Dreadful.  His yards per rush this season is 3.2.  Brutal numbers.

But, but, but...I drafted him in my fantasy league and he scored 10 TDs last season!  :lol:

As if that clinches it.  LOL

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

Not sure I'm going to judge him too hard behind that o line. Production last year was very good. Would upgrade our moss role and add some additional receiving threat.

He was given a ton of opportunity, yes........but his production was 3.9 yards per carry and 6 yards per reception.     Those figures are WAY below league average.   The Steelers just keep feeding the guy and he keeps on being lousy.  

4 hours ago, BillsVet said:

But, but, but...I drafted him in my fantasy league and he scored 10 TDs last season!  :lol:

As if that clinches it.  LOL

Fantasy football keeps alive the notion of the importance of star RB's.

6 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

Not sure I'm going to judge him too hard behind that o line. Production last year was very good. Would upgrade our moss role and add some additional receiving threat.

Najee is not that good, he's kinda sorta a power back who struggles to make big plays. Out of the 376 carries he's had in his career only 5 have gone for 20 yards or more and his longest to date is only 37 yards. In the same amount of time Josh has had 157 carries with 10 going for 20 yards or more. Singletary has 6 on 150 less carries.

On 10/8/2022 at 7:54 PM, Dablitzkrieg said:

I'm not giving a first for "an" RB

I wouldn't either for a pick in the top 20-25.  At 31 however, it's not so different from a high second round pick.  What holds me back is injury history.  McCaffrey has had close to a full season in the past 2 years.

38 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Maybe, I don't know but he can block and he can get open and catch.

He has no burst though.  Cannot find a second gear.  You can find guys like him on the street - he’s still benefiting from his pedigree right now.  They get better production from Warren, a UDFA, who is three times quicker to the hole.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He has no burst though.  Cannot find a second gear.  You can find guys like him on the street - he’s still benefiting from his pedigree right now.  They get better production from Warren, a UDFA, who is three times quicker to the hole.

I am not advocating giving up a first round pick for him Coach. I am however quite sure that he would fare better on the Bills than he is doing on the inept Steelers.

I also like the thought of him as an extra blocker for Josh. Najee is one of the most gifted physical specimens that I have ever seen. I'm talking super strength and he is a more than willing blocker.

25 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

yeah, but Najee went to Alabama!!!!!!!111111!!!!1!1

12 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Najee is not that good, he's kinda sorta a power back who struggles to make big plays. Out of the 376 carries he's had in his career only 5 have gone for 20 yards or more and his longest to date is only 37 yards. In the same amount of time Josh has had 157 carries with 10 going for 20 yards or more. Singletary has 6 on 150 less carries.

Tomlin said the other week that Jaylon Warren (his backup) will be getting more touches as the year goes on

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Every year we do this and other then Kelvin Benjamin, when have the Bills made a move at the deadline? We always want it to happen it just never does lol 

It never does, but it sounds like we have legitimately tried..

Von Miller and Stefon Diggs.  They’re both here now, but I’m pretty sure we were in on them at the trade deadline the season before we finally traded/signed them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

I wouldn't either for a pick in the top 20-25.  At 31 however, it's not so different from a high second round pick.  What holds me back is injury history.  McCaffrey has had close to a full season in the past 2 years.

It is though. A low-end 1st Round pick still comes with a 5th year option and cost control. A high 2nd Round pick does not.

• Agree 1

Positions where an upgrade could be helpful

RB 

WR 
Guard

Tackle 

Veteran accomplished DE in rotation to put above AJ Epenesa and possibly above Basham.  Robert Quinn comes to mind. Bears would have to eat salary / be restructured.  18.5 sacks last year. Only 1 this year. Bears awful. Would love to see another threat on the edge in our rotation. 

Veteran FS for 1 year

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

52 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It never does, but it sounds like we have legitimately tried..

Von Miller and Stefon Diggs.  They’re both here now, but I’m pretty sure we were in on them at the trade deadline the season before we finally traded/signed them. 

Confirmed by both players / Beane in various interviews that we were. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.