Trade Deadline (Nov 1) Bills Rumors / Speculation

Warriorspikes51

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

But if you could franchise him fairly cheap, the Giants can do that & have zero incentive to trade him.  He's not going anywhere.  With the season he's having he's going to be a Giant this season, next season & the season after that.  

Yeah but the Giants are dumb 

3 hours ago, Peter said:

You are funny. You want to only blame the running backs as part of your narrative and still have not addressed why our line is rated the absolute WORST run blocking line in the entire NFL. 

Nope. Just want to take credit away from those that don’t deserve it. The RBs on this team have been horrible. For years. But I really don’t care because Josh Allen is all that matters 

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

OBJ is the icing on the cake move, the guy acquired at the trade deadline to put you over the top and win a championship NOW.

I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if we get him.

Look at today with a relatively healthy D Line.  Pickett is getting destroyed.  OBJ is our insurance to beat the Chiefs in the AFCCG.  This showdown is coming.

A healthy starting line up and adding OBJ, we will beat the Chiefs, oh and there isn’t a team in the NFC that can beat us in the SB, if and I mean if we are healthy.

31-3.  I hope they start pulling guys to keep them healthy.  Anyone with a nick needs to come out now!

2 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

I trust a guy with location Las Vegas as much as a guy with location Washingotn DC.  😂

OBJ is not signing with his 4th team. He is heading to LA or NY. 80-20 LA.

You don’t trust someone because they live in LV….. lol.  Boy

29 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yeah but the Giants are dumb 

Nope. Just want to take credit away from those that don’t deserve it. The RBs on this team have been horrible. For years. But I really don’t care because Josh Allen is all that matters 

They were, with Gettlemen. He’s long gone now and I’d say Giants fans want to forget he ever existed. Awful GM

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

I’m still trying to figure out why the Giants would trade SB…🧐

Same, I never understood the move. They're the #2 seed right now and SB is having a monster year. He's playing himself into a long-term extension.

CMC on the other hand isn't blowing up the league like he's done in the past and Carolina is a dumpster fire. I wonder if injuries are finally taking their toll on him, or if Carolina is just too bad to be carried. It's much more reasonable they'd want to trade him, but I wouldn't see it happening until after the season along with a firing of coach and new QB.

20 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Same, I never understood the move. They're the #2 seed right now and SB is having a monster year. He's playing himself into a long-term extension.

CMC on the other hand isn't blowing up the league like he's done in the past and Carolina is a dumpster fire. I wonder if injuries are finally taking their toll on him, or if Carolina is just too bad to be carried. It's much more reasonable they'd want to trade him, but I wouldn't see it happening until after the season along with a firing of coach and new QB.

Agreed if you can get CM at a discount you jump.

On 10/8/2022 at 7:19 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

Someone tweeted at Joe Buscaglia claiming to have a source in the building at OBD that we are going to be making a blockbuster trade sending our 1st for an RB

IF that were true, what do you guys think?

1st, Moss for Saquon Barkley, 4th

1st, Moss for Christian McCaffrey

my darkhorse would be Dalvin Cook

does anyone know if $ can be retained on a deal? Or how does that work

Perhaps the guy actually did know something?  CMC for a 1st? 

I doubt it's a RB, but IF that were to happen the only time Beane has traded a 1st for a skill position was Diggs. The contract was done, Diggs was a proven commodity AND he was young with no injury history. In other words, a clean history with youth on his side but production in the NFL. Honestly, there are just one or two RBs that fit this mold in general, but not sure about the contract piece:

1. Jonathon Taylor (not happening, but they look bad on Offense and might want a WR with Moss or Singletary)

That's the list, for a 1st. 

Other considerations but IMHO don't come close to a 1st, but *could* be considerations if Beane wants a RB:

1. Antonio Gibson

2. Josh Jacobs

3. Barkley

Everyone else is either too close to the magical cut off line of 30, too expensive, or their team isn't trading them because they're too important to their Offense, i.e. Chubb

However, if we're talking about trades the Bills *should* make, then a Safety AND a RB should be part of the discussion. 

For the record, I'm fine with CMC - but at a significantly discounted price because IMO Cook is the future for this RB team and CMC is basically a rental. I'd prefer the team try someone like Jacobs who's on his final year of the contract, mid-20s and still has a lot to offer and would be a nice complement to Cook for the future. 

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Or franchise WR.

Exactly. Or pretty much anybody they felt had the value. 

Let’s say, hypothetically of course, the Colts had their eye on their version of Josh in next year’s draft and needed to acquire picks to get him (like Beane did) and were willing to trade Quenton Nelson to get picks . I think we would strongly consider it even though he’s “only” a guard. It’s all situationally dependent. 

2 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

However, if we're talking about trades the Bills *should* make, then a Safety AND a RB should be part of the discussion. 

For the record, I'm fine with CMC - but at a significantly discounted price because IMO Cook is the future for this RB team and CMC is basically a rental. I'd prefer the team try someone like Jacobs who's on his final year of the contract, mid-20s and still has a lot to offer and would be a nice complement to Cook for the future. 

How exactly is CMC a rental with three years left on his deal after this year?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.