Cole Beasley retiring

YoloinOhio

25 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Cole had a chance to play with New England and Mr Brady and turned them down to play with Josh Allen. He’s always part of the Bills and I’ll tell you I have yet to see a receiver step forward to replace him. Over 80 catches and basically Josh’s safety valve haven’t been so easy to replace. 

The combination of MacKenzie and Crowder thus far have 21 catches for 213 yards and 3 td’s for MacKenzie. Shakir will be better than Crowder. He is already replaced. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, FLFan said:

The combination of MacKenzie and Crowder thus far have 21 catches for 213 yards and 3 td’s for MacKenzie. Shakir will be better than Crowder. He is already replaced. 

This is a downgrade from a healthy Beasley. He was clutch for the Bills in big time 3rd down plays. Disregard his outside behavior. On the field he was very good for several years. 

• Like (+1) 2

I think he’s toast and was likely going to be released shortly so retired to save some safe.

I don’t think he had a million offers this offseason like he tweeted. He ended up on a banged up TB teams PS and had zero production. 

He was an integral part of righting the ship, but unfortunately the writing was on the wall for him. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Simon said:

Thank you for your awe-inspiring prediction!

You were the only person here who was able to see the signs of his demise because they were so well-hidden from the rest of us.

I doubly appreciate your willingness to remind us of your singular greatness as we may have forgotten that you alone could tell that Beasley had lost a step.

I'm sure we all look forward to more of your keen insights and follow up I told you so's. :thumbsup:

Apparently you don't keep tabs here, the amount of people that think he did not really decline but he was off the team for covud shots is overwhelming. 

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

This is a downgrade from a healthy Beasley. He was clutch for the Bills in big time 3rd down plays. Disregard his outside behavior. On the field he was very good for several years. 

What I am saying for the three years he played in Buffalo he had 231 catches that is NOT easily replaced. Especially when you are hoping a rookie in Shakur produces near that level. 

• Agree 1

Beasley is washed. Stop living in the past.  He helped turn us around but father time said its over.

• Agree 3

Corrected emphasis

John Brown was also very good for the Bills for 2 years.  I was kind of surprised when the Bills let him go, and thought it was a mistake - and then, he was picked up by 4 different teams and couldn't stay with a one.

Sure, if Beasley was the same guy he was in 2019 and 2020, Crowder and McKenzie and Shakir are a downgrade.  But he wasn't the same guy in 2021, and he wasn't going to be in 2022.

2 hours ago, Mango said:

I think he’s toast and was likely going to be released shortly so retired to save some safe.

I don’t think he had a million offers this offseason like he tweeted. He ended up on a banged up TB teams PS and had zero production. 

He was an integral part of righting the ship, but unfortunately the writing was on the wall for him. 

I think Beasley probably did have some offers he turned down, for example from the Giants.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

He alluded to a few things but I wouldnt classify it as a bunch of crap.  It was mostly around the COVID Protocols and the front office not having his back more.

Good player for us, and will never forget the guy playing on a broken leg.  Despite the COVID stuff, it was obvious his skills were starting to diminish.   Glad he gets to spend time with his wife and kids.  Never a bad thing to be a 33 year old retired multimillionaire.

… and has a promising rap career

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Beasley is washed. Stop living in the past.  He helped turn us around but father time said its over.

Oh I agree. I'm not talking about Beasley in its current form. He's beat up, small, and lacks the quick burst. It was time for him to go. I was just saying the good version of Beasley was pretty good. He made some big plays. 

• Agree 3

Kelvin Benjamin, Andre Homes, Jeremey Kerley, Andre Roberts, Cole Beasley, John Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, Jameson Crowder. 

Like running back (Tolbert, Ivory, Gore, Dimarco, Yeldon, Breida) this team has a thing for older veterans playing ahead of younger players at the twilight of their careers. 

We hang on to these guys, but they're out of gas by Week 7, see Frank Gore v Devin Singletary in 2019 or Emmanuel Sanders v Gabe Davis in 2021. 

• Eyeroll 1

18 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Kelvin Benjamin, Andre Homes, Jeremey Kerley, Andre Roberts, Cole Beasley, John Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, Jameson Crowder. 

Like running back (Tolbert, Ivory, Gore, Dimarco, Yeldon, Breida) this team has a thing for older veterans playing ahead of younger players at the twilight of their careers. 

We hang on to these guys, but they're out of gas by Week 7, see Frank Gore v Devin Singletary in 2019 or Emmanuel Sanders v Gabe Davis in 2021. 

Bring up Duke Johnson. He still can contribute.

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

that is what I thought too.....they might have offered a practice squad spot and he was like peace out.

They signed him to the practice squad and he was elevated and reverted there after the GB game.  I'm not sure whether he was signed or just elevated again, point is he came to the Bucs on the practice squad.