Tremaine Must Remain

MarlinTheMagician

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

It's both.

He falls for the play action but he also has the physical gifts to make up for it.

The story of his career, really.

Just now, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

What is..? Maybe it's floating over my head, but I'm not seeing it.

Was it about his speed? Or biting on the P/A? Physical abilities? What's hilarious about it?

Einstein did well in summing up what I found funny.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

It's both.

He falls for the play action but he also has the physical gifts to make up for it.

The story of his career, really.

To be fair, many LBs fall for P/A(fakes etc) from Lamar due to he's so dangerous and fast with solid RBs. 

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Einstein did well in summing up what I found funny.

Okay, I don't know but I had a bit of booger sugar last night and haven't had much sleep, so maybe that has something to do for not getting it....

anyways, I've always been in the group disappointed in him. However that said, I still acknowledge how well he has been playing thus far, even though it's just a small sample size. I am still happy to see it

• Agree 1

I’ve been saying this for years - McBean LOVE them some Edmunds. He’s not going anywhere. Neither is Oliver. Both those guys will be extended. Why? Because the salary cap is a myth and we are in the SuperBowl window. There are always maneuvers that can be made if you want a guy bad enough, and if you don’t wan’t him that bad you get to use the salary cap as an excuse.

Yeah some guys are gone, like Poyer and Hyde. Singletary will be gone unless he goes very team friendly. Moss should just be cut I’ve seen enough of him. Davis may not get a second contract here if he continues to be unavailable at full strength ( I have no idea why he’s been o the field last 2 weeks).

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

I don't think there has been a Bills player that has been more polarizing on this board, or in the fan base, since 2018.  I too have been frustrated with the failures on run fits and the apparent lack of instinct blitzing and against the run.  Starting now, I officially swear off on all of that.  Having watched him closely this year, I am an unrepentant Edmunds fan.  We need to sign him.  While he gets plenty of attention from opposing coaches and national media, I think he is somewhat unsung and definitely under-appreciated by The Mafia.  He is a huge difference maker and has really upped his game.  We need to find the money, as he is a key piece of the core.  One of my favorite Twitter posts was by a Rams fan after the opener:  "The Bills defense is unfair.  They have an actual Terdactyl playing middle linebacker."   We owe this player some love.

How long did it take you to come up with that tittle?  Did Johnnie Cochran help you?

This reminds me of the HUGE portion of this fanbase that tried to convince me Tyrod was worth a ***** as a QB.

Before that, it was EJ.  He was even worse.

I remember the comeback game against Carolina---EJ was declared "the next franchise QB of the Bills" and most here hopped right on that train.

LMFAO

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This reminds me of the HUGE portion of this fanbase that tried to convince me Tyrod was worth a ***** as a QB.

Before that, it was EJ.  He was even worse.

I remember the comeback game against Carolina---EJ was declared "the next franchise QB of the Bills" and most here hopped right on that train.

LMFAO

didn't you make the comment that the head coach of our team has no say on the 4th down calls?   people make crazy comment all the time.  you're not above it.  you also told us that allen would never be good, and people were just saying so out of emotion.  LMFAO!!!!!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

I’ve been saying this for years - McBean LOVE them some Edmunds. He’s not going anywhere.

Why hasn't he been extended then?   That $13M cap hit is an anchor and they've had two years to make a deal to avoid this situation.  

4 minutes ago, teef said:

didn't you make the comment that the head coach of our team has no say on the 4th down calls?   people make crazy comment all the time.  you're not above it.  you also told us that allen would never be good, and people were just saying so out of emotion.  LMFAO!!!!!

6c6a37ee9787cc1585c5ce466b50f9da.gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Why hasn't he been extended then?   That $13M cap hit is an anchor and they've had two years to make a deal to avoid this situation.  

6c6a37ee9787cc1585c5ce466b50f9da.gif

Because they wanted to see if he was going to continue to improve with another year of maturity and a competent D line in front of him. He’s balling out now, they’ve got their answer. Yeah its going to cost them more than it would of but they weren’t sure 2 years ago.

7 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Because they wanted to see if he was going to continue to improve with another year of maturity and a competent D line in front of him. He’s balling out now, they’ve got their answer. Yeah its going to cost them more than it would of but they weren’t sure 2 years ago.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Okay, I don't know but I had a bit of booger sugar last night and haven't had much sleep, so maybe that has something to do for not getting it....

anyways, I've always been in the group disappointed in him. However that said, I still acknowledge how well he has been playing thus far, even though it's just a small sample size. I am still happy to see it

A contract year will usually do that. We can't afford the 14M he'll want. And we absolutely must sign Oliver, Poyer and Gabe. There's going to be a casualty. 

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

A contract year will usually do that. We can't afford the 14M he'll want. And we absolutely must sign Oliver, Poyer and Gabe. There's going to be a casualty. 

You say it's the contract year, which means you don't think the addition of Miller and improved Dline all around could be the reason? I find it hard to believe it's just due to "a contract year does that". I think it's has more to do with the much needed Dline improvement and the much needed pass rush we been desperately needing and finally have both of those areas. To me that likely has much to do with it. 

As for what Bills can afford or what he'll want....we don't know either one of those answers 

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

We get massive hometown discount (for the market) bc Maine wants to win superbowls in buffalo. $14 M's/yr.

4 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

I’ve been saying this for years - McBean LOVE them some Edmunds. He’s not going anywhere. Neither is Oliver. Both those guys will be extended. Why? Because the salary cap is a myth and we are in the SuperBowl window. There are always maneuvers that can be made if you want a guy bad enough, and if you don’t wan’t him that bad you get to use the salary cap as an excuse.

Yeah some guys are gone, like Poyer and Hyde. Singletary will be gone unless he goes very team friendly. Moss should just be cut I’ve seen enough of him. Davis may not get a second contract here if he continues to be unavailable at full strength ( I have no idea why he’s been o the field last 2 weeks).

Spot on great post.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.