Week 5: Steelers at Bills 10/9 1pm

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I saw there was a bit of discussion a couple pages back on McDermott having suffered a couple losses to rookies. I dunno if this tweet has been pasted here yet but here’s the raw stats…

Oh nice I wonder what database he is pulling that from

2 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

You're worried about Pickett a week after facing Lamar Jackson?

Not really but I can see where he is coming from.  Sometimes when there is no tape or its generally a QB that doesnt run much so you dont expect it then they dont prepare hard on it so they could get burnt.  Tannehil isnt really a running QB but he has burned us for instance.

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It might have started with Byrd but it's a TSW tradition for players with recurring foot injuries.    

More closely associate with Sammy Watkins though, I think..........he was basically a 70 yard per game receiver his first two NFL seasons.......then got "boo-boo foot" and turned into the kind of producer Gabe has been his first 3 seasons,  which is a pedestrian 36.7 yards per game.  

Considering that this foot injury won't seem to stop recurring I'd suspect he should have had a procedure to tighten it up.    Perhaps he did, it has failed and we don't know.   But it would be interesting to find out if the team has wanted him to get surgery and he has refused.   He isn't a big fan of medical science,  we know that so maybe he has been dodging the knife?

How common is it to have surgery on ankle sprains?  Watkins/Byrd had lisfranc or whatever its called, is that considered an ankle sprain too?

10 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I only said he has been given one chance since the 2019 season, in which he threw for 300 yards. I never said he was a "great QB", I've said he's a good backup and I'd want him as a backup. 

Not sure why a couple of you guys keep reading between the lines. 

That’s not what is happening. I’m not reading between the lines.  I’m just saying that he sucks.  You don’t like it.  😢 

10 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Why aren't you working in the league as a scout? Especially since, according to you, Danny Etling was a better QB prospect! Again, Tomlin has kept ONE QB around since 2018. He's done that for a reason... probably knows more than you about football.

Who’s reading between the lines now? I wasn’t worried about drafting Etling.  I knew we would draft a qb in rd 1 and Etling woiksve never been a consideration.   At one point, several prognosticators had us taking Rudolph in the 20s.  I would’ve been fine with every other qb projected to possibly go in round 1.

2 hours ago, freddyjj said:

GTFOH!  I am a Pitt Panther football fan and can attest to the fact that Kenny is not a running threat.  416 carries for 809 yds is less than 2YPC.  He did have 20 Rushing TDs in 34 games at Pitt.  He is a threat to run in goal line  situations like last week

I think college Qb rushing stats include sacks which is why the averages or so low. Just look at Josh Allen's YPC in college. Career 3.2 ypc and only 2.2 ypc his final season at Wyoming. For Josh Allen? Yeah, I don't think so. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

I think they should totally play Mitch. Probably their best chance

No way. I watched some Steelers games because I've had them in a couple teasers that have blown up in my face and Mitch has been absolutely dreadful. The guy is playing with no passion and heart which made losing the teasers all that much worse. I think the rookie catching lighting in a bottle is the their only chance. Mitch won't do anything positive and will still turn the ball over a couple times against this defense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.