Which offense will be impacted more by wet conditions? [snip]

Royale with Cheese

I would think the Bills will be more negatively impacted by heavy rains.

I know the Ravens haven't been running the ball as well this year as in years past, but if a game is being held in a monsoon, and passing is going to be more difficult than usual....I'm taking Greg Roman as my OC all day, every day.

For all of the things he lacks in the passing game, Roman is an elite run game coordinator. On a day where running the ball may be imperative, I like his chances of scheming up success more than I like Dorsey's chances of doing the same.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I know the Ravens haven't been running the ball as well this year as in years past, but if a game is being held in a monsoon, and passing is going to be more difficult than usual....I'm taking Greg Roman as my OC all day, every day.

For all of the things he lacks in the passing game, Roman is an elite run game coordinator. On a day where running the ball may be imperative, I like his chances of scheming up success more than I like Dorsey's chances of doing the same.

The only reason the Raves are a top 3 running team is because their QB is by far their leading rusher....

Shut that down and Roman doesn't have much running game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

The Ravens traditional run game has been as bad as ours.  They just run Lamar way more than we do Josh. 

We'll see if Lamar can throw in wet/blustery conditions.  We know Allen can.  We also know what this defense does when teams become one dimensional.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The Ravens traditional run game has been as bad as ours.  They just run Lamar way more than we do Josh. 

We'll see if Lamar can throw in wet/blustery conditions.  We know Allen can.  We also know what this defense does when teams become one dimensional.  

Yeah, poor edge performance. 

Their stadium is built so our team gets rain the face while Baltimore's side of the field is dry.

If Josh can get a good grip on the ball, that will benefit us. In the rain as it is in the snow, the receiver knows where he's making a cut, where the defender has to react in slick conditions. If he can't get a good grip on the ball or if it's windy as well as wet, it'll be a running slugfest between Josh and the agent for Lamar.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

Blustery?  Is there going to be a wind chill or something I don't know about with snow this weekend?

Rain usually hurts passing offenses far less than running offenses when it’s on grass like at M&T. This is especially true when the WRs in the game are great route runners. So, that SHOULD benefit Allen and Diggs. 

However, the winds will be blowing directly across the field from forecast I see and that impacts throwing and kicking a great deal. But if it’s just gusty and not a sustained 15 mph cross wind I don’t see it hampering the Bills’ ability to throw all that much but we’ll see more of those short quick passes than deep shots.

10 minutes ago, SACTOBILLSFAN said:

Rain usually hurts passing offenses far less than running offenses when it’s on grass like at M&T. This is especially true when the WRs in the game are great route runners. So, that SHOULD benefit Allen and Diggs. 

However, the winds will be blowing directly across the field from forecast I see and that impacts throwing and kicking a great deal. But if it’s just gusty and not a sustained 15 mph cross wind I don’t see it hampering the Bills’ ability to throw all that much but we’ll see more of those short quick passes than deep shots.

Lamar being a threat to pass is what sets up his runs. If it the wind effects his throwing, It should be easier to shut him down on the ground. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.