Jump to content

Update: Xavier Rhodes signed by Bills


Steel City Mafia
 Share

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Logic said:

He’s GOT to be better than Wal Mart housewares associate Ja’Marcus Ingram, right?!

Kind of a weird comment. He gets no reps during practice and got unexpectedly thrust into the game and held up pretty well given the circumstances. I don’t think he was bad. And doubt his backup plan is Walmart. 

  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Kind of a weird comment. He gets no reps during practice and got unexpectedly thrust into the game and held up pretty well given the circumstances. I don’t think he was bad. And doubt his backup plan is Walmart. 


It was a joke. It may not have been a particularly GOOD joke, but it was a joke.

The idea was that the Bills were struck so hard by injuries that they had to pull guys off the street to cover the Dolphins WRs.

The best jokes are the ones you have to explain, ya know?

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Logic said:


It was a joke. It may not have been a particularly GOOD joke, but it was a joke.

The idea was that the Bills were struck so hard by injuries that they had to pull guys off the street to cover the Dolphins WRs.

The best jokes are the ones you have to explain, ya know?

If comedy doesn't work there's always,

 

Wal-Mart 😂

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/27/2022 at 9:20 AM, KDIGGZ said:

I hope this is purely in response to Benford situation and not because of Tre White not close to being ready

Could be both.  Tre may need some ramp up time even when he returns.  I'm thinking this is more of an immediate need signing.  Benford is out a few weeks per McD so that leaves T. Johnson and Elam.  Dane Jackson may not be ready Sunday so Rhodes is insurance imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I low key think he could wind up playing FS for us also. 

Yeah with Hyde gone for the year, this could be the endgame once Tre and Benford are game ready. 

Lotsa game experience, not much he hasn't seen.

As a bigger DB he could also be a big nickel hybrid. 

He spent a lot of years in the NFC North and we face all those teams this year after the bye.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/28/2022 at 3:25 AM, StHustle said:

You can’t be serious. We can’t afford to waste a spot on a guy who needs a month before he can contribute. Are you paying attention to what’s going on???

You dont have to activate him at 4 weeks to eat up a spot. It can be any week after. I bet they wait to activate him KC week. Lose a spot for that week and then have the following week off and then play him for GB. Most players with an ACL require 3 weeks of full practice. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Locomark said:

You dont have to activate him at 4 weeks to eat up a spot. It can be any week after. I bet they wait to activate him KC week. Lose a spot for that week and then have the following week off and then play him for GB. Most players with an ACL require 3 weeks of full practice. 


my point is we need the help NOW. No way we sign somebody who can’t contribute right away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/28/2022 at 5:00 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Kind of a weird comment. He gets no reps during practice and got unexpectedly thrust into the game and held up pretty well given the circumstances. I don’t think he was bad. And doubt his backup plan is Walmart. 

 

Especially considering he made about 42K for 3 hours of work...sounds like he is doing considerably better than any Walmart housewares associate I know and likely better than the poster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...