Update: Xavier Rhodes signed by Bills

Steel City Mafia

Xavier Rhodes is what he is a older veteran Corner who has played in Frazier system at this point in the season that’s about the best you’re going to get

2 minutes ago, DJB said:

No because Beane also forgot his wallet 

Since when has bean forgot his wallet on worthwhile players

Edited by John from Riverside

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

Happy to see him signed today.  Didn’t have a good feeling about it happening if he left town.  

what’s up with Cam Lewis? Is he strictly a S/slot now?  I figured he would’ve taken the snaps at corner over Ingram.  Or Neal?  Is he strictly slot?  Is Ingram really a better option than either of these guys who have been in the system for a few years?  Maybe we found a Diamond in the rough.  

I remember Poyer going out of his way to talk about Ingram during camp.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I remember Poyer going out of his way to talk about Ingram during camp.

I don't even recall Ingram being a factor at UB all that much.  Maybe he was hurt? I don't know.  I recall Cam Lewis being very good.

Some of the older Vets would come to Buffalo, chasing rings!

21 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Right...especially if they are not IR'ing anyone.

Can you name one team that has better OLine depth than the Bills had with positional flexibility?  I'll wait.  

And risk losing him if another team poaches him off the PS? That is my concern at this point. 

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Uhh...he was a UFA all off season and went unsigned when a team could have literally signed him at any point.

Uhhhh ...and now that the season started, players are getting hurt.  My point is that he has no value on the PS if Bills need depth on the 53. Can we assume Dane will be coming back this week,or maybe Bills are comfortable with Lewis and/or Neal outside, across from Elam?

19 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Are you asking me or telling me?

I was just looking at it in terms of the "lost playing time" vs "cap hit" aspect of it.

Their cap hit still "counts" which is why Beane likes to have some cap money available for emergencies. I imagine he looked into a trade but they can apparently afford Murray and Rhodes.

57 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

EJ Gaines was really really good when healthy

I was thinking more V Davis and J Norman (former pro bowlers).   You are right EJ Gaines worked out for a year but he was younger and maybe a little more hungry and an older vet who has made significant NFL dollars.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.