Jump to content

Do you have a problem with fans standing the entire game?


HOUSE
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've been attending games there for 30 years, the unspoken "rules" that most adopt seem to be:

 

Defense: 1st possession you stand and go apeshit, after that it's mostly just 3rd downs

Offense: big plays, red zone only

 

And obviously when celebrating.

 

The 12th man absolutely impacts the game, a task I very much enjoy, while trying not to be a dick about it.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

I'm more than happy to stand the entire game if that's what everyone else in the section is doing.  

 

To me, that means I'm sitting in an area with people who are really into the game like I am, instead of a bunch of twenty-somethings on their phones or old farts who don't even cheer or get excited when we score.

 

That's part of the whole experience that I thoroughly enjoy.  I don't need to be drunk, or even half-lit.  But I want to be around people who are actively living and dying with every play, who want to get fired up and enjoy it the same way that I do.

 

I recognize that there are others who don't have the same opinions, and for them, I hope they find seats that suit their style

 

We didn't sit the entire playoff game against NE, nor did anyone else in our section.  It was a blast, and I wouldn't have it any other way

 

5 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

See my original comment.

Most season tickets holders are likely not as young, or even as healthy, as you, but WTF do you care?

I’ll say this, there are seats for everyone at Ralph Wilson Stadium (I refuse calling it anything else). If you want to be able to sit and relax and enjoy your seats, the sidelines and clubs are for you. 
 

If you want to be Standing and going crazy all game, then the corners, end zones, and upper decks have your name all over them. 
 

it’s a pretty good understanding. Most people that have the experience understand all of this. Beginners to seats will often get it wrong. 
 

I personally go to games and love going for the atmosphere. While I’d prefer to get a better view while sitting at times, and a much better vantage point being on the sidelines, I believe you give up some of that atmosphere and I will usually want to stay in the end zones. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most folks stand for defense and sit for offence at the games I have attended at new era. In Charlotte everyone sits. I think its rude to block the folks behind you . But if they are standing behind you then its okay.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Funny thing. There is no difference in the 'fun level', when you are sitting in your seat.

BTW, Everyone stands, for big plays...

There absolutely is a difference and no. They don’t. 
 

at least not in the end zones be clubs. World of difference 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mrags said:

 

I’ll say this, there are seats for everyone at Ralph Wilson Stadium (I refuse calling it anything else). If you want to be able to sit and relax and enjoy your seats, the sidelines and clubs are for you. 
 

If you want to be Standing and going crazy all game, then the corners, end zones, and upper decks have your name all over them. 
 

it’s a pretty good understanding. Most people that have the experience understand all of this. Beginners to seats will often get it wrong. 
 

I personally go to games and love going for the atmosphere. While I’d prefer to get a better view while sitting at times, and a much better vantage point being on the sidelines, I believe you give up some of that atmosphere and I will usually want to stay in the end zones. 

I don't sit in the "corners, end zones, and upper decks".

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The only difference, is the casual inconsideration of those individuals, behind you.

 

I think it's about time you get off your soapbox there fella.  You've made your point about half a dozen times in this thread now, including a snotty response to my direct post.  Many of us are saying the same exact thing, and you don't seem to be grasping the concept:

 

There are sections of the stadium for everyone's personal preferences. 

If you want to stand the whole game, there are places where you can do that, and with next to no one who is going to be upset if you do so

If you want to stand for big moments only, there are places where you can do that, and most others will be happy to join you

If you want to sit the whole game, there are also places to do that.  You are probably pretty willing to pay the $$ to do so as well

 

As another poster also said, most experienced fans know what they're getting into when they purchase their tickets.

 

But don't rain on other people's parade if they want to enjoy the experience in a different way than you do

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, TailgateChef said:

Xanadu!  I've been trying to get there from 132 for 5 years.

I don't think fans in any section stand the entire game.  TV breaks, 2-minute warnings, official reviews....everyone sits during these.  On 3rd down defensively, or when Josh launches a deep pass, everyone stands.

I wish that it was that simple.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

 

I think it's about time you get off your soapbox there fella.  You've made your point about half a dozen times in this thread now, including a snotty response to my direct post.  Many of us are saying the same exact thing, and you don't seem to be grasping the concept:

 

There are sections of the stadium for everyone's personal preferences. 

If you want to stand the whole game, there are places where you can do that, and with next to no one who is going to be upset if you do so

If you want to stand for big moments only, there are places where you can do that, and most others will be happy to join you

If you want to sit the whole game, there are also places to do that.  You are probably pretty willing to pay the $$ to do so as well

 

As another poster also said, most experienced fans know what they're getting into when they purchase their tickets.

 

But don't rain on other people's parade if they want to enjoy the experience in a different way than you do

 Ahh, gee. Sorry for hurting your feelings, because you don't give a rat's ass about who is sitting behind you.

After all. It is all about ((((((YOU))))))

Edited by BUFFALOBART
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

A good reason to watch from home, along with access to the refrigerator, a clean bathroom, comfortable seat, and climate controlled living room!  😊

I even piss in my sink during the games just for the 'in stadium' experience.

  • Haha (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Simple question, go for it !

 

Let me guess, you couldn’t afford to make this a poll? 

 

It’s never affected me one way or another at a Bills game. In other venues (hoops, concerts, etc.), I’ve been irritated but never at a Bills game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BUFFALOBART said:

 Ahh, gee, sorry for hurting your feelings, because you don't give a rat's ass about who is sitting behind you.

You haven't hurt my feelings one bit.  I hope you enjoy spending half your energy at games getting frustrated anyone stands up in front of you

 

But if everyone else in your section is standing most of the game, and it's commonly accepted by 99% of the people in your are that that's OK, then you're probably more of the problem than the solution.  

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...