Bobby Hart Suspended 1 Game

Process

11 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

False bravado. Hate that crap.

Same thing with Hyde hitting that WR when the ball was nowhere close. Completely unnecessary and should have been a flag. And I dont want to hear from you homers that it was fine. If that was Diggs getting hit unnecessarily you would be screaming for a flag.

When Hyde did that, I thought the same thing. He's not a dirty player with a history or anything, but it wasn't a legal hit in today's NFL

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Same thing with Hyde hitting that WR when the ball was nowhere close. Completely unnecessary and should have been a flag. And I dont want to hear from you homers that it was fine. If that was Diggs getting hit unnecessarily you would be screaming for a flag.

I can agree that the Hyde hit is a flag in most games. But they’re allowing some of these hits this year and I support it. Derwin James just bodyslammed Kelce with no flag. Dantzler laid a monster hit in the Philly game.  I’m all for allowing these hits if they’re avoiding the head and knees. They have softened up defenses too much and I support letting some of these hits happen. I would sing the same tune if it was Diggs on the receiving end. 

13 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I think when you actually swing and connect it’s no longer false bravado.  It’s just bravado.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Sissyball is called soccer. 

I was fine with the hit. I was fine with the Landry hit against random Aaron Whatshisname years ago. You play football you expect to get hit. 

Edited by Boyst62
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

I can agree that the Hyde hit is a flag in most games. But they’re allowing some of these hits this year and I support it. Derwin James just bodyslammed Kelce with no flag. Dantzler laid a monster hit in the Philly game.  I’m all for allowing these hits if they’re avoiding the head and knees. They have softened up defenses too much and I support letting some of these hits happen. I would sing the same tune if it was Diggs on the receiving end. 

Interesting. I have not seen many other games so I will take your word for it. If they call it the same across the board I can live with it. It wasn't a violent collision but still unnecessary. 

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

The reason he didn't get called is because he turned his back and put his hands up.

Smart vets know what they can get away with by doing that.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Interesting. I have not seen many other games so I will take your word for it. If they call it the same across the board I can live with it. It wasn't a violent collision but still unnecessary. 

KC fans are still flipping out Derwin James hasn’t been fined yet for the slam. But it was a pretty clean slam. He picked him up and if you’ve ever watched wrestling delivered a very crisp spine buster. And the only way it works is if they’re consistent on what to call and who is defenseless etc etc. 

Without a doubt the Hyde hit would be a penalty in most situations. I do believe there’s an emphasis on allowing some more hitting this season so far, but it’s also possible they tighten up as the season progresses. 

17 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

It wasn't the same thing though. Hyde's hit was late and I too was expecting a flag. But hits in the heat of the game moment are very, very different than walking across a field after the end of a game and causing a confrontation like this. Apples and kumquats IMO. A late hit like Hyde's last night, while perhaps worthy of a 15yd penalty, shouldn't result in a one game suspension.

30 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I was there last night and fully expected a flag on Hyde.  Regarding Hart - Hart was on the field I believe for the extra point on the last touchdown.  After the play he was jawing at one of the D line guys.  If I remember right it was 98 which I believe is Simmons.  Probably some bad blood between the guys from last year.

Edited by DCbillsfan

39 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I honestly think Hyde didn't mean to make contact. He came across the field and i think he was watching the ball, passed another teammate and collided with their receiver. I'd have to watch it more closely, but at the time I thought it was unintentional, and the ref right there might have thought the same thing, which is why he didn't throw the flag. It wasn't a hard hit, just caught the receiver off guard.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.