Jump to content

MNF: Broncos at Seahawks


YoloinOhio
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

That's ownership.  And it's not his fault.  

 

 

Brandon, you're delusional.  That may be your line to get to in Denver's thin air, but you weren't in Denver.  No player in NFL history has ever kicked a ball that far in an outdoor stadium that is not in Denver, and that was only done once in Denver.  So your line was a ridiculous overreach.  . 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Big C said:

For Hackett it’s going to be a question of learning game management over the course of the season. I don’t think he called a bad game. 

 

Hackett has been in the league for years. If he hasn't learned yet, he never will. He called that last drive like it was 1994. I think he is in over his head. 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

 

Hackett has been in the league for years. If he hasn't learned yet, he never will. He called that last drive like it was 1994. I think he is in over his head. 

 

God I do not miss Nathanial Hackett's playcalling. 2013 flashbacks all over the place. The first down incomplete, 2nd down run up the gut for 1.... he specialises in it. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tuesday morning reflections:

 

1. Give the Seahawks and Shane Waldron in particular a lot of credit for the offensive gameplan in the first half. Lots of half field reads for Geno, lots of disguise and misdirection and Denver never really caught up with what they were doing. In the second half they managed to shut Seattle down and when Geno is forced into a conventional drop back game his limitations are clear, but the damage was done. Seattle had enough points to win. 

 

2. Part of that is I thought Seattle was, for the most part, the better team up front. And that is a concern I have had for the Broncos. Their offensive line is very meh, Grant Bolles has never been my favourite left tackle and the rest are average, below average or unproven. Their defensive line is a little better.... I do like their edge players... but I think they are weak in the middle. 

 

3. Denver's playcalling. 🤢. Their gameplan was atrocious. Their playcalling predictable. It was the Nathaniel Hackett I remember from Buffalo. Awful. Especially in the redzone. If Russ got mad in Seattle with the offense being too vanilla he is not going to enjoy this experience. 

 

4. Russ himself just feels a bit less dynamic. I don't know if it is age or the injury, but there just doesn't seem like there is as much pop in his arm and he runs less. Last night he played Quarterback like a shorter version of Matt Ryan. I don't know that is going to get it done in a league with the dynamic athletes we have playing the position now. 

 

5. Finally on Denver they were yet another team that looked sloppy and undisciplined in week one. Ultimately coaching won this game for Seattle. They are less talented than the Broncos but fair play to Pete and his staff, they had their guys more ready to play. I still think ultimately Seattle is going to be a bottom 5 team this year, but Pete hasn't forgotten to coach and he might help them spring one or two more surprises as they go. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

And analysts are picking Denver to go to the superbowl? 

 

I never bought that. I never felt the rest of the team was as Superbowl ready as some of the talking heads. They have two v talented young receivers in Sutton and Jeudy and I still expect both to have big years. They have a decent secondary, but their defense loses Vic Fangio's scheming from last year. And he is one of the best in the game. 

 

I think they could possibly compete for a wildcard.... but I still feel like maybe the Raiders are ahead of them (as well as obviously KC and LAC)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My biggest takeaway from last night is that I can’t believe Nate Hackett is a head coach.

 

I do think Denver suffered from not playing anyone during preseason.  They lost that game in the first half.

 

Agree with @GunnerBill that the Broncos may be 4th in that division.

 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Simon unpinned this topic
5 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Brandon, you're delusional.  That may be your line to get to in Denver's thin air, but you weren't in Denver.  No player in NFL history has ever kicked a ball that far in an outdoor stadium that is not in Denver, and that was only done once in Denver.  So your line was a ridiculous overreach.  . 

It really wasn’t. The kick was long enough and it wasn’t wildly off target. He missed it wide left but not by a lot, and with plenty of distance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Steptide said:

And analysts are picking Denver to go to the superbowl? 

 

What analysts picked Denver to go to the Superbowl?

 

The talk will be about the last drive and the timeouts, but 12 penalties for 106 yards are what killed the Broncos. Seattle had 7 first-downs from penalties, that's not a disciplined team.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, eball said:

My biggest takeaway from last night is that I can’t believe Nate Hackett is a head coach.

 

I do think Denver suffered from not playing anyone during preseason.  They lost that game in the first half.

 

Agree with @GunnerBill that the Broncos may be 4th in that division.

 


I had so many flashbacks to his days in Buffalo and wanting to throw something through the TV.  I’m glad he’s not our coach.   I don’t understand what the league sees in the guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, DCofNC said:


I had so many flashbacks to his days in Buffalo and wanting to throw something through the TV.  I’m glad he’s not our coach.   I don’t understand what the league sees in the guy.

 

It is two things - his surname and players like him. But I don't think he has ever been a great OC let alone Head Coach. The two jobs are different, of course, but he is an overpromoted position coach for my money. 

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, QCity said:

 

What analysts picked Denver to go to the Superbowl?

 

The talk will be about the last drive and the timeouts, but 12 penalties for 106 yards are what killed the Broncos. Seattle had 7 first-downs from penalties, that's not a disciplined team.

 

The goal to go fumbles...

Edited by Mr. WEO
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Tuesday morning reflections:

 

1. Give the Seahawks and Shane Waldron in particular a lot of credit for the offensive gameplan in the first half. Lots of half field reads for Geno, lots of disguise and misdirection and Denver never really caught up with what they were doing. In the second half they managed to shut Seattle down and when Geno is forced into a conventional drop back game his limitations are clear, but the damage was done. Seattle had enough points to win. 

 

2. Part of that is I thought Seattle was, for the most part, the better team up front. And that is a concern I have had for the Broncos. Their offensive line is very meh, Grant Bolles has never been my favourite left tackle and the rest are average, below average or unproven. Their defensive line is a little better.... I do like their edge players... but I think they are weak in the middle. 

 

3. Denver's playcalling. 🤢. Their gameplan was atrocious. Their playcalling predictable. It was the Nathaniel Hackett I remember from Buffalo. Awful. Especially in the redzone. If Russ got mad in Seattle with the offense being too vanilla he is not going to enjoy this experience. 

 

4. Russ himself just feels a bit less dynamic. I don't know if it is age or the injury, but there just doesn't seem like there is as much pop in his arm and he runs less. Last night he played Quarterback like a shorter version of Matt Ryan. I don't know that is going to get it done in a league with the dynamic athletes we have playing the position now. 

 

5. Finally on Denver they were yet another team that looked sloppy and undisciplined in week one. Ultimately coaching won this game for Seattle. They are less talented than the Broncos but fair play to Pete and his staff, they had their guys more ready to play. I still think ultimately Seattle is going to be a bottom 5 team this year, but Pete hasn't forgotten to coach and he might help them spring one or two more surprises as they go. 

None of this is wrong. But if the Broncos don’t fumble on the goalline twice, they win.

Edited by FireChans
Link to comment
Share on other sites

both teams are bad teams, and I never really thought Wilson was capable of propelling Denver to the next level

 

Seattle, with Geno Smith, is all in for a top 10 draft pick and Denver is in QB purgatory for awhile. Wilson will keep Denver drafting between 10 and 20 IMO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...