MNF: Broncos at Seahawks

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I think you're wrong. But I'm starting to have second thoughts. Did the Seahawks ever - even in their dominant years - have modern, quick release, high completion percentage, precision passing game? Or was it all "let Russ run around and someone will break open sooner or later?" I'm not sure that works in the 2022 NFL, and it certainly doesn't work if your QB is 33 and not as evasive as he used to be. 

This is more or less my point. Russ is athletic (not as much as he used to be) and has a very nice deep ball & general accuracy. However, in the game, he can’t work the middle of the field and never plays in a rhythm. To date, he is the only QB to win a ring with that play style but he was accompanied by an all time great defense and has not been able to rise to the occasion since. Not just physical limitations, his teammates do not rally around him. He makes excuses but now he’s out of them. This year he has to prove it.

1 minute ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

I can't remember if it was this board or the other bills board that people swore hacket was a genius behind doug moron  lol. We have come a long way..

I know a few secret geniuses. They know they're geniuses, but they've managed to keep it secret from everyone else. I don't know Hackett, but I get the impression he's one too. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Everyone knows Wilson is a huge dork. He's basically a less sociopathic Tiger Woods.

His teammates have doubted his authenticity for a while.  Remember the "not black enough" commentary?

Who says stuff like this?

https://www.theroot.com/russell-wilson-says-god-asked-him-to-guide-ciara-as-the-1790886695

The good stuff starts at 4:30 mark.

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

His teammates have doubted his authenticity for a while.  Remember the "not black enough" commentary?

Who says stuff like this?

https://www.theroot.com/russell-wilson-says-god-asked-him-to-guide-ciara-as-the-1790886695

The good stuff starts at 4:30 mark.

Yes, confirmed dork and God dude. 

With Russ it's that whole broken play style that made him. He is legitimately one of the best run to throw QB's in NFL history (I think our guy already is better in this area, which for him is just one area of his game).

That said, this is really all Russ has ever been. In his 30's now, that style is not going to age well. 

11 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

With Russ it's that whole broken play style that made him. He is legitimately one of the best run to throw QB's in NFL history (I think our guy already is better in this area, which for him is just one area of his game).

That said, this is really all Russ has ever been. In his 30's now, that style is not going to age well. 

It hasn’t been aging well for years and I think people are just now starting to notice. 

4 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

That last 2 minute drive by the Broncos was absolutely pathetic. Wouldn't surprise me if Hackett is one and done.

For Hackett it’s going to be a question of learning game management over the course of the season. I don’t think he called a bad game. 

15 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

That's ownership.  And it's not his fault.  

Brandon, you're delusional.  That may be your line to get to in Denver's thin air, but you weren't in Denver.  No player in NFL history has ever kicked a ball that far in an outdoor stadium that is not in Denver, and that was only done once in Denver.  So your line was a ridiculous overreach.  . 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.