Are you concerned about Elam?

Einstein

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Had a nice game imo on MNF. Will likely start Sunday assuming Dane is out. Interesting that he was essentially drafted to match up with this type of WR with his speed and size, and ability to play man (even if the Bills play zone this week, all zone eventually turns to man with a hill/waddle WR. We did not have anyone like him previously. Should be a great early test. 

You mean Elam as a “depth pick” might actually have been worth it for us?

• Eyeroll 1

So I am playing both off of the LOS. I am playing him outside shoulder and Benford head over.

If I am switching sides I put Benford paired with Johnson to zone cover half the field. Hyde + Elam on Hill in most cases with Poyer deep reading the QB

In nickel sets this means our LB's will have to be effective against their slot and/or TE. geiseki eats when he plays us but he has not been good yet. Maybe he changes his tune this week.

Taron Johnson in nickel can cover most of the middle with the inside routes. The handoff there should Hill come shallow is easy, Johnson + Hyde. It has worked before. Outside and deeper we have Elam play with his smarts and play that zone coming off of man. As pointed out zone eventually becomes man coverage. But man becomes zone when you are left without a target.

This is where, if I am Miami I bring Hill across all day and let Geiseki go to the abandoned spot Elam tends to give up in zone coverage. It's a tight window but Tuglova has shown he is capable right now.

***** I am fragmented here....

With Milano and Edmunds I am letting them read and react with Edmunds finding the ball cleanly. He's been doing that. If he gets sucked up by OL I will be concerned. I rush Milano early in the game, tooo. I want to show a new look, a new wrinkle. Something Tugalova doesn't know yet, and I don't disguise it. I do it as a presnap read where it's clear Milano is coming and let him get hit.

With Poyer behind all of this able to see the play he will find and dedicate his time to Waddle and whatever other scrub they throw out there. And if Miami is reading this yeah I don't even care to know how to spell your QBs name so eff your 3rd WR.

33 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

You mean Elam as a “depth pick” might actually have been worth it for us?

There is a reason why Benford has been more ready than Elam...he played in almost the same scheme in college while Elam never played zone coverage and had to learn it from scratch. This has nothing to do with what the Bills think of Elam talent wise. Anyone stating otherwise simply is grasping for something right now and doesn't understand context or why it's important in this case.

26 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

So I am playing both off of the LOS. I am playing him outside shoulder and Benford head over.

If I am switching sides I put Benford paired with Johnson to zone cover half the field. Hyde + Elam on Hill in most cases with Poyer deep reading the QB

In nickel sets this means our LB's will have to be effective against their slot and/or TE. geiseki eats when he plays us but he has not been good yet. Maybe he changes his tune this week.

Taron Johnson in nickel can cover most of the middle with the inside routes. The handoff there should Hill come shallow is easy, Johnson + Hyde. It has worked before. Outside and deeper we have Elam play with his smarts and play that zone coming off of man. As pointed out zone eventually becomes man coverage. But man becomes zone when you are left without a target.

This is where, if I am Miami I bring Hill across all day and let Geiseki go to the abandoned spot Elam tends to give up in zone coverage. It's a tight window but Tuglova has shown he is capable right now.

***** I am fragmented here....

With Milano and Edmunds I am letting them read and react with Edmunds finding the ball cleanly. He's been doing that. If he gets sucked up by OL I will be concerned. I rush Milano early in the game, tooo. I want to show a new look, a new wrinkle. Something Tugalova doesn't know yet, and I don't disguise it. I do it as a presnap read where it's clear Milano is coming and let him get hit.

With Poyer behind all of this able to see the play he will find and dedicate his time to Waddle and whatever other scrub they throw out there. And if Miami is reading this yeah I don't even care to know how to spell your QBs name so eff your 3rd WR.

I would let Edmunds and Milano roam free and annihilate the Dolphin receivers on crossers...Tua still makes throws he shouldn't make and lets his mind write checks his arm can't cash.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

There is a reason why Benford has been more ready than Elam...he played in almost the same scheme in college while Elam never played zone coverage and had to learn it from scratch. This has nothing to do with what the Bills think of Elam talent wise. Anyone stating otherwise simply is grasping for something right now and doesn't understand context or why it's important in this case.

Some people just like to complain and bring others down

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I would let Edmunds and Milano roam free and annihilate the Dolphin receivers on crossers...Tua still makes throws he shouldn't make and lets his mind write checks his arm can't cash.

agree. i'd start the game with Milano rushing early to give Tugalova a look he doesn't recognize and hadn't prepared for - the fins OL is sus.

5 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

agree. i'd start the game with Milano rushing early to give Tugalova a look he doesn't recognize and hadn't prepared for - the fins OL is sus.

If the Finn's oline sucks i would just let the front four go to town lust like vs the Rams and flood the secondary, dont let anything get behind us, total upset of the Q4 Minnesota defensive strategy last Sunday.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

52 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No one has the same game speed as hill regardless of 40 time

As far as DBs go….. maybe Eric Stokes (4.25)? Dude has the uncanny ability to turn the burners on and run by WRs on deep routes. Can’t think of anyone else playing CB now. 

Historically, Deion Sanders and Darrell Green come to mind. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.