Are you concerned about Elam?

Einstein

So we were at the game.

Most of the time on d I focused on the d line and what they were doing.

Hence most of the garbage stat kupp had last night when he had big catches were from pick plays.  Yes he plays out of the slot put the Rams bring him acrossed the field and someone is always cutting into that zone defender and hitting them.

Yes should be a flag but 

You mite want to look at the qb stats in the game to see how many yards we gave up and who was covering that person. 

Elam played man in college 

The bills play zone 

Learning curve

Please step away from the ledge

• Like (+1) 1

My biggest concern with Elam is that Dane Jackson is a player. I think in year two he is already better than Levi Wallace and is a guy the Bills should plan on extending. 

I mean no disrespect to Elams game, but it feels like in that case it could be a wasted first who spends the next 4 years being CB3 behind Jackson and Tre. 

Really high on Jackson last night. 

• Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, mjt328 said:

The way Dane Jackson looked, both rookies are going to be watching from the sidelines a good chunk of the season.

Yes.  Dane is also a RFA next year.  I get the feeling Beane will have some great options as to how he handles the whole CB situation.

If Dane isn't on the team next year Beane will get a pick for him.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Einstein said:

With how good Benford looks, and with Elam’s contributions coming partially on special teams tonight, it leads the mind to wonder what other 1st round pick we could have acquired rather than a DB that is a depth player in a backfield that is missing it’s starter.

13 hours ago, stevestojan said:

We just dominated the world champs, while giving them the ball 4 times. 

I was there. It was awesome. 

Give us 24 hours to just enjoy it? 

You are worrying about this when the Bills are about to build a brand new stadium with a big old hole right smack dab in the middle of the roof?!

Jeepers Creepers, prioritize things!!

(Now where did I put my “That’s Incredible” host trading cards, dang it?)

With how good Benford looks, and with Elam’s contributions coming partially on special teams tonight, it leads the mind to wonder what other 1st round pick we could have acquired rather than a DB that is a depth player in a backfield that is missing it’s starter.

Well, at the moment, it's looking like that was a miss.  Our drafting hasn't been great; it's the only flaw on Beane's resume.

BUT I'm not writing Elam off just now.  Needs more time to evaluate.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Well, at the moment, it's looking like that was a miss.  Our drafting hasn't been great; it's the only flaw on Beane's resume.

BUT I'm not writing Elam off just now.  Needs more time to evaluate.

Whats wrong with Beane's drafting?  

Elam was brought in because sometimes you need to play man coverage, and he's a bigger faster man coverage style corner.  He needs some work to fit into the total defensive scheme, but he'll get there.  And if he doesn't - its pretty cool when a 2020 7th rounder and 2022 6th rounder don't look even slightly out of place. 

• Like (+1) 1

The obvious call is Breece Hall. 

Too soon to make any determination what so ever. But in a couple years could be talked about. 

Edited by ArtVandalay

13 hours ago, stevestojan said:

We just dominated the world champs, while giving them the ball 4 times. 

I was there. It was awesome. 

Give us 24 hours to just enjoy it? 

You know that's not how any of this works, man! Bills could win the Super Bowl with a game more perfect than the Wild Card game against the Pats and some knucklehead would be like "yeah but the defense allowed 5 first downs and I'm concerned."

3 hours ago, Mango said:

My biggest concern with Elam is that Dane Jackson is a player. I think in year two he is already better than Levi Wallace and is a guy the Bills should plan on extending. 

I mean no disrespect to Elams game, but it feels like in that case it could be a wasted first who spends the next 4 years being CB3 behind Jackson and Tre. 

Really high on Jackson last night. 

So the Bills may have too many good CBs in a passing league, even with a 1st rounder needing some time to acclimate to the NFL?

Talk about first world problems.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.