2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He is going to really have to step it up over the last half of the year because he hasn't looked good for 6 quarters.

that's a good point regarding his slide in the last 6 quarters. So now the Bills are going to need to face more scrutiny and #17 adversity. I trust he will overcome it.  He is too talented  driven and dialed into his craft.  I'm certainly not gonna dog him. He is still Our QB . He'll figure it out.  

Edited by muppy

10 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Disagree. You can have a stinker and still win. 

He just needs to have a Joe Burrow like surge.

He's had 2 in a row.

On 10/31/2022 at 5:48 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He fell back in the MVP race. Still in the lead but his lead got tighter. 

The lead wears 15 and plays in KC. 

Am I wrong in saying the Packers/Jets (and also the Chiefs) played far more coverage vs the Bills than they are accustomed to seeing? We went from seeing Josh Allen throwing to wide open receivers every time - everyone literally running in wide open space everywhere - to now it seeming like almost no one is open outside of Diggs when he runs a brilliant route. The Bills ran it quite a bit (for them) vs the Chiefs and Packers. Likely were on a track of running quite a bit today until game flow/situation dictated that they don't (Jets possessed ball 8 mins to open 2nd half, then built small leads etc.) 

• transplantbillsfan changed the title to 2022 MVP Race: a 2 week regression (23 TDs, 8 INTs, 350 YPG & 64.1% Comp %--Jets talk 30+)

Oy, that was

giphy.gif

First game since I can't remember I'd primarily put on Josh for the L. 

If we're being even and honest about this game, though: it was a divisional road game against a surprisingly good (and probably overachiever) team with 2 of our best defenders out due to injury.

I won't speak for the rest of Bills Mafia, but I think I overrated our offensive weapons. Thought Knox would be a top 10 TE this year. He's not. Diggs is absolutely one of the top 3-5 WRs in the NFL, but I really though Davis was about to prove he's a 1B to Diggs this year and now I don't even know if he's a good #2. Yeah that last play he couldn't catch it because of the defender (DPI???) but there was a 3rd and long play where Josh put it right on him as he was coming back to the football and he dropped it. Not an easy catch, but an NFL WR should catch that. He's had too many of those lately.

Starting to jump on the Odel Beckam train...

On a final note related to all the "Josh shouldn't run so much! It'll shorten his career!"...

Injury today on a passing play... 

But hey... with Josh there's still always some positive:

1 hour ago, Dr.Sack said:

Allen has thrown 9 picks in 8 games. Say what you want but that is not MVP caliber play. 

8 picks

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

And this thread bites the dust for another year.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Josh Allen’s MVP campaign: September 2022 - October 2022

RIP

It's 6 quarters of bad football from Josh. He was the clear and obvious MVP through 26 quarterz. He still has 36 quarters to play.

Relax.

Throughout his career Josh tends to bounce back pretty strong after crap games.

I'm most worried about that potential arm injury right now. 

Allen obviously played his worst game of the season today, but it's a little disconcerting that we have no one on offense to step up for him. Maybe Hines can be that guy or maybe we'll actually go out and sign OBJ. QBs sometimes have below average games and their team still finds a way to win. With the Bills that NEVER happens.

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's 6 quarters of bad football from Josh. He was the clear and obvious MVP through 26 quarterz. He still has 36 quarters to play.

Relax.

Throughout his career Josh tends to bounce back pretty strong after crap games.

I'm most worried about that potential arm injury right now. 

Well he didn’t bounce back after the Packers.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Allen obviously played his worst game of the season today, but it's a little disconcerting that we have no one on offense to step up for him. Maybe Hines can be that guy or maybe we'll actually go out and sign OBJ. QBs sometimes have below average games and their team still finds a way to win. With the Bills that NEVER happens.

we beat the Ravens in Baltimore

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Oy, that was

giphy.gif

First game since I can't remember I'd primarily put on Josh for the L. 

If we're being even and honest about this game, though: it was a divisional road game against a surprisingly good (and probably overachiever) team with 2 of our best defenders out due to injury.

I won't speak for the rest of Bills Mafia, but I think I overrated our offensive weapons. Thought Knox would be a top 10 TE this year. He's not. Diggs is absolutely one of the top 3-5 WRs in the NFL, but I really though Davis was about to prove he's a 1B to Diggs this year and now I don't even know if he's a good #2. Yeah that last play he couldn't catch it because of the defender (DPI???) but there was a 3rd and long play where Josh put it right on him as he was coming back to the football and he dropped it. Not an easy catch, but an NFL WR should catch that. He's had too many of those lately.

Starting to jump on the Odel Beckam train...

On a final note related to all the "Josh shouldn't run so much! It'll shorten his career!"...

Injury today on a passing play... 

But hey... with Josh there's still always some positive:

8 picks

I can help you, he is not a good number 2.  54% catch rate is unacceptable.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.