2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

4 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MahoPa00.htm

Mahomes is 4-2

1736 yards

17 td

0 rushing td

Lamar 1277 passing yards...  Where are you getting your stats man?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JackLa00.htm

guys am i missing something here or is a lot of his stats off?

He's comparing to their MVP years,  not this season. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MahoPa00.htm

Mahomes is 4-2

1736 yards

17 td

0 rushing td

Lamar 1277 passing yards...  Where are you getting your stats man?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JackLa00.htm

guys am i missing something here or is a lot of his stats off?

Your stats are 2022 stats. I’m comparing Josh’s 2022 season to Mahomes 2018 MVP (and Lamar’s 2019) MVP season through the first 6 games of those seasons. 

3 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Your stats are 2022 stats. I’m comparing Josh’s 2022 season to Mahomes 2018 MVP (and Lamar’s 2019) MVP season through the first 6 games of those seasons. 

4 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

He's comparing to their MVP years,  not this season. 

thanks guys!

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Josh Allen: +140.

Jalen Hurts: +450.  (there is just no way)

Patrick Mahomes: +550.

Lamar Jackson: +1000.

Justin Herbert: +1600.

Joe Burrow: +2200.

Derek Carr: +5000.

Kirk Cousins: +5000

Hurts at 45 only because of the crappy teams he has beat. this will change soon enough

Mahomes at 550 is about right.

Jackson at +1000? bout damn time.

I dunno man...Hurts has the easiest remaining schedule in the NFL, he may just keep beating crappy teams.  Not going to be enough when you are on pace for 17 TD Passes.

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I dunno man...Hurts has the easiest remaining schedule in the NFL, he may just keep beating crappy teams.  Not going to be enough when you are on pace for 17 TD Passes.

MVP they look at what you do for the team, Wins, stats. I believe its a combo of things. I respect Hurts. Love what the Eagles are doing, they are changing the game to their will. Tons of respect. But MVP is what you do for your team. not the other way around.  Hurts last 3 games from last week going back 155, 259, 204 with 2 td and 1 int in the last 3 games.

They have a more complete team than we do. that's why they are winning games. I think Right now he is too high on odds. to many people are betting on him do to his win record and that is the wrong bet

All this being said I love having the back-and-forth conversations with ya :D

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Disagree 2

11 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

MVP they look at what you do for the team, Wins, stats. I believe its a combo of things. I respect Hurts. Love what the Eagles are doing, they are changing the game to their will. Tons of respect. But MVP is what you do for your team. not the other way around.  Hurts last 3 games from last week going back 155, 259, 204 with 2 td and 1 int in the last 3 games.

They have a more complete team than we do. that's why they are winning games. I think Right now he is too high on odds. to many people are betting on him do to his win record and that is the wrong bet

All this being said I love having the back-and-forth conversations with ya :D

They most definitely do not have a more complete team than we do. The Bills are #1 in DVOA on both offense and defense and in total, 14.1% ahead of the second place Eagles who rank 5th in both categories. First time since 2003 TB a team has been first in both categories after week 6.  Bills have a potential all-time team in the history of the NFL. The Eagles are not that and are not even close to that, IMO.

The Bills have the best Net Yards per Drive ever since they started keeping these stats in 1993, almost 3 yards better than the 2007 Patriots.  Eagles are 2nd, over 7 yards behind the Bills.   

They are winning games because they are a good team with an unbelievably easy schedule.  They may finish with the best record in the NFL this year, but it won't be because they are a better team than the Bills.  I would expect the Bills to win by multiple scores and make it look easy if we play them in the SB.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

They most definitely do not have a more complete team than we do. The Bills are #1 in DVOA on both offense and defense and in total, 14.1% ahead of the second place Eagles who rank 5th in both categories. First time since 2003 TB a team has been first in both categories after week 6.  Bills have a potential all-time team in the history of the NFL. The Eagles are not that and are not even close to that, IMO.

The Bills have the best Net Yards per Drive ever since they started keeping these stats in 1993, almost 3 yards better than the 2007 Patriots.  Eagles are 2nd, over 7 yards behind the Bills.   

They are winning games because they are a good team with an unbelievably easy schedule.  They may finish with the best record in the NFL this year, but it won't be because they are a better team than the Bills.  I would expect the Bills to win by multiple scores and make it look easy if we play them in the SB.

will disagree with you this time. but we can agree to disagree.. we have better weapons on both side of the field that make us deadly. thats what may put us over the edge a little.? but you cant go by stats to show what team is more complete than another. 

we agree to disagree :D

13 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

will disagree with you this time. but we can agree to disagree.. we have better weapons on both side of the field that make us deadly. thats what may put us over the edge a little.? but you cant go by stats to show what team is more complete than another. 

You can disagree but pretty much everything is tilted towards the Bills in that conversation.  You haven't mentioned why you think that.  I really hope its not because you are going to say they run the ball.  The Bills don't really care about that and showed if they wanted to they could be effective at it.

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Its a shame because Mac Jones was the darkhorse front runner of this thing.  Then he got his leg cut off in a horrid accident.  Then Belichick found an even better QB than Jones who was already better than Brady.

You know what happens with horses with leg injuries.

44 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Yeah you can can agree to disagree all you want but you are just wrong on this one. I’d imagine if you polled this place, about 99% of the people here would disagree with you. And so would the media, sports casters, the rest of the NFL, etc. 

15 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

You know what happens with horses with leg injuries.

Euro 2016 Dancing GIF by Sporza

40 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yeah you can can agree to disagree all you want but you are just wrong on this one. I’d imagine if you polled this place, about 99% of the people here would disagree with you. And so would the media, sports casters, the rest of the NFL, etc. 

Euro 2016 Dancing GIF by Sporza

Buffalo has the best overall team. this cant be contested. But that is different than the most complete team. This has been argued for the last week on ESPN, NFL Network and they have been split. Sorry you don't agree.

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

Buffalo has the best overall team. this cant be contested. But that is different than the most complete team. This has been argued for the last week on ESPN, NFL Network and they have been split. Sorry you don't agree.

Start a poll then 

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

yea that would be a fair and partial poll. get over it man. Agree to disagree is respecting his opinion. I respect your opinion. dont like my opinion? get over it.

I don’t like your opinion. That’s fine tho. I don’t get offended. Nor do I care. I just don’t want you going outside your home telling people you think the Eagles are a better team than the Bills. You will probably get laughed at a lot. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, mrags said:

I don’t like your opinion. That’s fine tho. I don’t get offended. Nor do I care. I just don’t want you going outside your home telling people you think the Eagles are a better team than the Bills. You will probably get laughed at a lot. 

your not FINE if you keep replying to me on the topic. 

1. When did i say they are a better team? NEVER   complete roster and better team is different We play them now we destroy them. Complete roster/team is different than who is better.

2. Who the hell are you to tell me who I should talk to about what in specific topic I should talk about what in or outside my home?

Get over yourself.

EDITED: I have talked to many people outside my "home" about this topic and its split. Just stop man.

This is why I say We can agree to disagree with respect. so conversations don't go this far and this personal. 

Edited by PrimeTime101

16 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

From all the ones I have seen it's more like 80-20 Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.