2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

2 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Tired of Lamar Jacksons name being near the top on MVP. 

Just passing Lamar Jackson averages 

177.83 Yards a game

2td a game

62 yards rushing a game.

.333 rushing TD a game

Totaling

240 total yards a game

2.33 TD a game.

Lets talk about Josh Allen

275.17 yards passing a game **JUST PASSING

2.333 TD a game passing

42.5 yards rushing a game

1TD+ (fractions of fraction) rushing a game.

Total

317.67 total yards a game

Around 3.333 total TD a game.

Who the heck cares if Lamar rushes for 2 more yards a game with those passing yards?

Lamar should not even be at 1000 and i bet he will still be 600-750 in mvp odds.

Crazy.

Are these career numbers?

Career numbers are irrelevant in an MVP discussion. But yeah, nonetheless, Lamar is going to be moving way down the MVP rankings after these last few weeks. He's been bad. Even in his one win he was bad.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Assuming you’re serious, Jets’ DT. 

Definitely not. Although for a second I admit I wasn't sure if he played for the Jets or the Giants. LOL. I know there is a former Jet D-lineman that currently plays for the Giants I believe. 

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Career numbers are irrelevant in an MVP discussion. But yeah, nonetheless, Lamar is going to be moving way down the MVP rankings after these last few weeks. He's been bad. Even in his one win he was bad.

Definitely not. Although for a second I admit I wasn't sure if he played for the Jets or the Giants. LOL. I know there is a former Jet D-lineman that currently plays for the Giants I believe. 

Yup. Leonard Williams. Also playing well. 

27 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

heck no. season averages.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Total yards per game.

No, passing yards. They have him at 257 rushing yards, which if you take away from the 1980 passing yards they list would give an average on 287, so your number would still be off if that was the case. 

Edit: I see what happened, You took the ESPN stats for passing yards which hasn’t updated the 6th game and divided the previous total by 6 @Doc

Edited by Watkins101

2 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

No, passing yards. They have him at 257 rushing yards, which if you take away from the 1980 passing yards they list would give an average on 287, so your number would still be off if that was the case. 

Edit: I see what happened, You took the ESPN stats for passing yards which hasn’t updated the 6th game and divided the previous total by 6 @Doc

First of all, it wasn't me.  Second of all, he has 2,257 total yards.  Divided by 6, it's 372.8.  So yes, the OP got it wrong...by .7 yard (I assume he rounded up).

Just now, ßookie_tech said:

I had a feeling it was only a matter of time before Quinnen Williams displayed dominance. He just is too much of a force to not be an elite DT. 

He's going to get paid after the season.  Then probably get lazy.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The since 2020 stats are really starting to turn in Allen's favor. 

Yeah, Mahomes was lights out since 2018 but it's simply not a fair comparison. Mahomes sat a year and was give the keys to a Ferrari. Allen was thrown in as a rookie and given the keys to a Pinto Yugo.

2020 is really when you have to make the comparisons with these two QB's and Allen and Mahomes are nearly the same QB. Allen probably even better. 

Yugo considering coaches he had.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.