2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

16 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Mahomes had a pretty meh game imo, but a huge number of yards will help his volume stats at the end of the year. He may have taken the lead, but it’s still a toss up imo.

Yet Josh is still ahead of Mahomes in terms of total yards...

and total TDs...

and won the head to head.

Certain posters are calling this race over, but the truth is Josh is still right up in front even if he's lost steam in the last 6 quarters.

I expect a big bounce back game for him next week.

And also... is anyone honestly expecting the Eagles to go undefeated even with that schedule? When they lose one or two, Hurts falls out of this conversation.

Tyreek Hill is the MVP

If the season ended today it would probably be Allen

You could argue that if the Bills had another QB they’d win 3-4 games because the Defense is so good - I said you COULD make that argument and people will.  

But I’m 100% certain if Hill isn’t in Miami that team has 2 wins or less.  

Edited by Big Blitz

There's a lot of football left to be played.  

It's Allen, Mahomes and Hurts in any order.

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Tyreek Hill is the MVP

I checked his stats on the heels of your comment. It's unreal that he has 76 rec for 1,100 yards already.  Madness!

In a fair world he would be in the conversation as well, but no non-QB will win it.  

• Agree 1

Josh Allen +260
Patrick Mahomes +260

Jalen Hurts +260
Lamar Jackson +950
Joe Burrow +2000
Geno Smith +2600
Kirk Cousins +3500
Justin Herbert +3800
Tua Tagovailoa +3900

After Sunday's games it's currently a 3-way tie between Allen, Mahomes, and Hurts.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yet Josh is still ahead of Mahomes in terms of total yards...

and total TDs...

and won the head to head.

Certain posters are calling this race over, but the truth is Josh is still right up in front even if he's lost steam in the last 6 quarters.

I expect a big bounce back game for him next week.

And also... is anyone honestly expecting the Eagles to go undefeated even with that schedule? When they lose one or two, Hurts falls out of this conversation.

Who do you have the Eagles losing to? The rest of their schedule is pretty much a cake walk. They have two remaining opponents with winning records: the cowboys and the Giants x2. They should be favorites in all of those games. As much as it pains me to say it, Tua is also re-entering the conversation. \

Josh is on very thin ice after these last two games as far as the MVP race is concerned.

Allen needs a legit #2 or a legit slot receiver.  I really thought Gabe would do well but he aint it. A #3 maybe or relief #2 but he aint a full time receiver.  Drops too many have to have passes.  Its too easy to defend this receiver core.  Knox has disappeared almost completely.  I dont know if its Dorsey's new offense/play calling or Josh isnt seeing the field well right now but its concerning.

• Agree 1

It’s a team sport .., don’t worry so much about an individual award and win the freakin Championship 

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Allen needs a legit #2 or a legit slot receiver.  I really thought Gabe would do well but he aint it. A #3 maybe or relief #2 but he aint a full time receiver.  Drops too many have to have passes.  Its too easy to defend this receiver core.  Knox has disappeared almost completely.  I dont know if its Dorsey's new offense/play calling or Josh isnt seeing the field well right now but its concerning.

Anyone #2 available on waivers? 

10 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Who do you have the Eagles losing to? The rest of their schedule is pretty much a cake walk. They have two remaining opponents with winning records: the cowboys and the Giants x2. They should be favorites in all of those games. As much as it pains me to say it, Tua is also re-entering the conversation. \

Josh is on very thin ice after these last two games as far as the MVP race is concerned.

Weird you left out their toughest remaining game...

and also the fact that despite the final score they were tied well into the 2nd half against one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Nah... they aren't going undefeated 

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Beckam is a UFA

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

It’s a team sport .., don’t worry so much about an individual award and win the freakin Championship 

Im not sure as I dont track those things.  Im hoping that we sign OBJ and he can play well enough after his injury.  In the meantime I hope we can stack some wins before that happens.  Hopefully Hines can also learn quick and get some chemistry with Josh.  He really is a good pass catching back.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

I love how if Mahomes loses...which he has to Josh Allen and to the lowly Colts...people here barely bat an eye on his MVP odds.  When Allen (under extreme circumstances with a decimated team) loses to the Dolphins (which wasn't Allens fault) and then has a bad 2nd half against the Jets after the Jets shut the whole offense down people here declare the race over and Allen out of it.  

So Mahomes has lost to Allen and a bad Colts team.  Allen lost to 2 teams who would be the 3rd and 4th seeds in the playoffs right now, and one of which took us having a decimated team and extreme weather to lose.  Not to mention, had Bass just hit his FG's in both games we likely don't lose either game.  

The reactions to a Bills loss this board are so stupid it makes being on the boards practically unbearable.  Allen is still on pace to break season records, still the #1 seed in the AFC, still first in the division, still leads the NFL in total yards and total TD's, and has been a one man wrecking crew for the Bills.  

Not to mention...during the first half, Allen was trending on twitter saying he is the MVP and its not close after his 2 TD runs.  One bad half later and Bills fans are on here saying he cant win now.  

I don't know how some of you get through your days with all the roller coaster of emotions you have on over the top hot takes off every little thing.  

• Like (+1) 1

Currently running from behind after 2 brutal performances 

23 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I love how if Mahomes loses...which he has to Josh Allen and to the lowly Colts...people here barely bat an eye on his MVP odds.  When Allen (under extreme circumstances with a decimated team) loses to the Dolphins (which wasn't Allens fault) and then has a bad 2nd half against the Jets after the Jets shut the whole offense down people here declare the race over and Allen out of it.  

So Mahomes has lost to Allen and a bad Colts team.  Allen lost to 2 teams who would be the 3rd and 4th seeds in the playoffs right now, and one of which took us having a decimated team and extreme weather to lose.  Not to mention, had Bass just hit his FG's in both games we likely don't lose either game.  

The reactions to a Bills loss this board are so stupid it makes being on the boards practically unbearable.  Allen is still on pace to break season records, still the #1 seed in the AFC, still first in the division, still leads the NFL in total yards and total TD's, and has been a one man wrecking crew for the Bills.  

Not to mention...during the first half, Allen was trending on twitter saying he is the MVP and its not close after his 2 TD runs.  One bad half later and Bills fans are on here saying he cant win now.  

I don't know how some of you get through your days with all the roller coaster of emotions you have on over the top hot takes off every little thing.  

Nobody watched that game in full and said thats a MVP.  Last week either.  Get a grip instead of just bashing people that are being honest

17 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Currently running from behind after 2 brutal performances 

Nobody watched that game in full and said thats a MVP.  Last week either.  Get a grip instead of just bashing people that are being honest

You are confusing the word honest with the phrase over dramatic.  

There are people in here declaring that the man (Allen) leading the NFL in total yards and touchdowns, and on pace to break the NFL record, who is the number one seed in the AFC and already beat Mahomes in KC is now done and out of the MVP race.

And I am the one who needs to get a grip?  LMAO

40 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You are confusing the word honest with the phrase over dramatic.  

There are people in here declaring that the man (Allen) leading the NFL in total yards and touchdowns, and on pace to break the NFL record, who is the number one seed in the AFC and already beat Mahomes in KC is now done and out of the MVP race.

And I am the one who needs to get a grip?  LMAO

Well I'm not that person, but feel free to call me out on a honest post

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.