2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

Give it up, he's not the MVP 

56 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

There are people in here declaring that the man (Allen) leading the NFL in total yards and touchdowns, and on pace to break the NFL record, who is the number one seed in the AFC and already beat Mahomes in KC is now done and out of the MVP race.

Hasn't looked worthy of it for two consecutive weeks. The standard is high

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Well I'm not that person, but feel free to call me out on a honest post

What are you even talking about?  You replied to my post, I didn’t call you out or even mention you.  I’ve never even heard of you until you posted at me lmao.   

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Weird you left out their toughest remaining game...

and also the fact that despite the final score they were tied well into the 2nd half against one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Nah... they aren't going undefeated 

Beckam is a UFA

The Titans? I missed them as a team with a winning record, but not sure they're a tougher out than the Cowboys or Giants. The Eagles are so multi-dimensional that I think people are really underrating them. Hurts may not be Peyton Manning, but he doesn't need to be. They have a solid offense 8th in rushing, 15th in passing and a very good defense #2 Passing, #13 rushing, #4 points.

They may not have the dynamic offense of the Chiefs or Bills but they deserve their record. They haven't fallen on their face the way the Bills have, and that's worth something. Allen has had 4 good games, 3 bad ones, and 1 where despite showing up well on the stat sheet, it wasn't good enough to win against a barely conscious opponent. We got lucky against Green Bay and Baltimore, but not so much against the Jets and Miami.

Allen can't keep piling up picks and poor outings if we're going to make an argument for MVP.

14 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It would have, except there's basically no scenario in which that pass does get completed. It was underthrown, which is reasonable for a pass that went 70 yards, but underthrown regardless. The only prayer for that ball was a PI call.

meanwhile he appears to have other receivers open underneath that at least could have tried to make a play instead of hinging the game on trying to make a 90 yard throw or getting a penalty. This play was indicative of the kind of stubbornness Allen has been putting on display when things get tough.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Disagree 1

12 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Allen will need a bounce back game to right the ship.

I hope that his elbow is good to go because I would not put it past him to play injured. Having a physical ailment to go along with the mental issues is not a great combination when trying to get out of a funk.

His OL and OC are also letting him down.

Mental issues?  Really?

Where were all the mental issue concerns when Brady threw 4 INT in a game, or when Brees did that, Rodgers did that, Manning did that, Montana did that, etc?

Our offense was out of sync in the 2nd half of two games against 2 great secondaries.  Allen made a few bad decisions and some errant throws...now all of a sudden he has having "mental issues"?  And we won one of those games thanks to Allens big first half, and should have forced OT in the 2nd one at the very least had Davis not dropped a ball right off his face to end the game on what was one the greatest throws of the season by any QB...or had Bass not missed another FG.   

The amount of unrealistic perfection people expect out of Allen and the Bills this year right now is so crazy.  Mahomes has had more bad stretches this year than Allen...where are all the concerns over his mental issues?  

Edited by Alphadawg7

3 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

It would have, except there's basically no scenario in which that pass does get completed. It was underthrown, which is reasonable for a pass that went 70 yards, but underthrown regardless. The only prayer for that ball was a PI call.

meanwhile he appears to have other receivers open underneath that at least could have tried to make a play instead of hinging the game on trying to make a 90 yard throw or getting a penalty. This play was indicative of the kind of stubbornness Allen has been putting on display when things get tough.

Ummmmm... what?

13 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Yes.

Allen is trending down while Hurts and Mahomes are standing pat or ascending. There is time for Allen to reverse the downward trend, but it can't wait weeks, has to happen now, as in the next game.

Come on.The Chiefs barely put up 20 points in 4 quarters + overtime against a team we dropped 41 on. Lucky for them they got bailed out by the **** officiating. Meanwhile, despite all the BS Allen still hit Diggs on a sideline route that would’ve put us in position to win the game, but got called back on a mysterious holding call. 

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Ummmmm... what?

Did you not see Davis slam on the brakes at the 30 yard line in order to not outrun the ball? That brought Garnder back into coverage. The ball landed at the 20 and if he wanted to hit an open receiver, it would have had to go to the 10.

Asking that is ridiculous of course, but it is what it is. He should have thrown the ball 5 seconds earlier if he didn't want to have to sling it 80 yards. Better yet, he could have thrown it underneath for a 1st down.

Edited by BullBuchanan

18 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Did you not see Davis slam on the brakes at the 30 yard line in order to not outrun the ball? That brought Garnder back into coverage. The ball landed at the 20 and if he wanted to hit an open receiver, it would have had to go to the 10.

Asking that is ridiculous of course, but it is what it is. He should have thrown the ball 5 seconds earlier if he didn't want to have to sling it 80 yards. Better yet, he could have thrown it underneath for a 1st down.

#1: you claimed there was no scenario in which that ball was completed. Get your glasses on if you need them because there's no scenario what you said there is accurate:

#2: it was 4th and 21. Who was he throwing to underneath? I sure don't see any better options than that Davis throw.

18 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

#1: you claimed there was no scenario in which that ball was completed. Get your glasses on if you need them because there's no scenario what you said there is accurate:

How are you using this still shot to disprove my claim based on the full video? The ball was not completed. Just because Davis slowed up for it underneath doesn't mean dick if you have one of the best DBs in the league draped all over you. It looked close - it wasn't Gabe Davis was NEVER catching that ball in that scenario. Give him a billion tries and it never happens.

Did you watch the play?

Edited by BullBuchanan

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

How are you using this still shot to disprove my claim based on the full video? The ball was not completed. Just because Davis slowed up for it underneath doesn't mean dick if you have one of the best DBs in the league draped all over you. It looked close - it wasn't Gabe Davis was NEVER catching that ball in that scenario. Give him a billion tries and it never happens.

Did you watch the play?

Then thats a gabe davis skill problem.  Ball went right through his basket.  Defender draped on him or not, other receivers around the league catch a ball thats in his basket.  Saying there is no way ever the ball would be completed is just idiocy on your part.

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Then thats a gabe davis skill problem.  Ball went right through his basket.  Defender draped on him or not, other receivers around the league catch a ball thats in his basket.  Saying there is no way ever the ball would be completed is just idiocy on your part.

Scott right.  Bull wrong

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Did you watch the play?

See @Scott7975 for the response.

This wasn't a Josh Allen problem. It was a Gabe Davis problem. The ball was literally in his arms.

You're just being obstinate at this point.

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

No it's not. It's unreasonable to ask your borderline #2 to ever make that play regardless of competition.

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

This wasn't a Josh Allen problem. It was a Gabe Davis problem. The ball was literally in his arms.

It's so disrespectful to the defense to suggest that. Davis had no chance on that play.

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Davis had Gardner beat, and Allen just took way too long to get him the ball to the point where he was no longer beat. This isn't even an argument. It's a fact.

• Disagree 1

This is what I saw live - here it is in video proof. Davis has three steps on Gardner at the 50. If the ball is thrown then it's complete at the 30 and davis runs in for a TD. Instead Allen holds it another two seconds and by the time it gets there Davis has to slow up to try the catch at the 20. By the time Allen threw, it needed to hit the 10-15 yard line to have a chance at completion

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You're insane. Knox had at least 15 yards to the sticks with 7 defenders ahead of him when Josh could have thrown to him.

Do you miss the days of Trent Edwards or something?

7 defenders? literally no. There was 1 guy. 9 defenders were on the opposite side of the field Watch the all 22. If knox can't beat 1 guy tot he sticks, he isn't good enough to be a #1 TE worth his contract.

Edited by BullBuchanan

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

This is what I saw live - here it is in video proof. Davis has three steps on Gardner at the 50. If the ball is thrown then it's complete at the 30 and davis runs in for a TD. Instead Allen holds it another two seconds and by the time it gets there Davis has to slow up to try the catch at the 20. By the time Allen threw, it needed to hit the 10-15 yard line to have a chance at completion

What is that supposed to be a video link to exactly?

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

A wide open Dawson Knox with 1 man between him and a 1st down?

Is this based on an All-22 view?

If you have a still shot of the entire field at second 31 on the game clock so we can quibble over how many defenders could get him let's see it because after that point Knox doesn't become an option.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.