NFL Week #1 - Bills at the Rams - Post Game thread- The NFL season Begins!!!!!!

BuffaloBill

Not sure how much it's been mentioned, but 7 sacks and constant pressure with not one blitz - crazy.  It's McD's wet dream - constant pressure with front 4 in waves

• Agree 9

Coach Dorsey, from up high overhead, called a really good game. It doesn't hurt to have the caliber of athletes at his disposal as are on this offense. But it looks to me like this is going to be a very fruitful productive pairing for years to come. Im very encouraged after last nights performance.

GO BILLS!~!~! 

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

Great game by the Bills. They already look like a machine.

They showed last night why you get a guy like Von. Let him do his job, so others can do theirs. It lets the Dline worry about stuffing the run and pass rush. Which in turn lets our LB’s focus on their assignments, not worrying about generating a pass rush or having to tackle RB’s breaking free.  And that helps or dbacks do their job when you have a pass rush like we did with only 4 guys rushing!  

The offense is elite.  Our defense was #1 last season, yet they looked much different last night in a great way!  Gonna be a hell of a ride!

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, KCNC said:

Great game, but damn I hate seeing our franchise QB running the ball in the 4th quarter up by 21.  I get it, that's Josh.  But we don't go anywhere without him.

That's who he is. That's what makes him extra special and virtually unable to stop. You just can't and shouldn't take his legs away. Sure, it's scary but you can't play scared. His proven he can take a hit and he's not reckless. Enough with the complaining about him running. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I love how the country has been put on notice regarding the Buffalo Bills. Statement game INDEED. AS has been mentioned clean up the turnovers issue but also we now have data which clearly shows this team will never be out of any games based on the strength of both our offense AND defense.

Im almost pinching myself but dangit I am sooo ready for this to unfold. Im savoring it -)

• Like (+1) 3

56 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea… never understood the worry about the corners prior to the game… this defense is incredibly CB friendly and with a pass rush like they had it’s not surprising how well the back end played.

Come on Scott. The secondary is very young and it is still a concern until a healthy Tre comes back. Also, it wasn't a given that the Bills would generate that kind of pass rush. The Rams started 2 new offensive lineman, Stafford isn't the most mobile QB, Von going back to LA with extra motivation, and the Rams besides Kupp have nothing at WR. With that said, the defense looks to be legit on all levels. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

7 hours ago, Warcodered said:

On the postgame show they zoomed in on one of the fans behind them and he had his phone out so the camera would see that he had in white letters on black background "We don't Punt"

Dear Santa,

I’ve been a very good bo um.. I’ve been a GOOD BO um.. How are you? For Christmas, I would like a WE DON’T PUNT t-shirt.

your friend,

Bobby C

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 turnovers and the Bills win by 21?  That's hard to do.  But its only 1 win with 16 regular season games to go.  This team has the feel of confidence and on post game interviews the players said all the right things.  They kept their foot on the gas on both sides of the ball for the full 60 minutes.  What I liked at the end is the defense didn't give up one of those garbage time scores that usually happen at the end to make the score look more respectable.  Enjoying this but next up is the home opener against Titans next Monday night.  The place should be rockin'.   

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills defense is and always has been CB friendly since McD arrived here… the concern was incredibly overblown by fans here…. I mean that should’ve been obvious when they inserted Dane Jackson last season and really didn’t miss a beat. 

Maybe you missed the playoff game against KC? Many think if the Bills had a healthy Tre the Bills would have won the game. 

This off season the Bills front office addressed the issues on the defensive side. Two defensive backs draft picks, Von, Settle, etc.. Obviously, after a one game sample the improvements look great. However, for you to dismiss the secondary concerns as ho hum and or what the F were people on this board thinking is disingenuous. 

7 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The only way to get it right after the game is on the SiriusXM game broadcast. It's ridiculous.

What are you guys talking about?  I went on a laptop & had the final minutes of the broadcast & the full postgame show that went from the end of the game to 1:10 AM.  

Now I know I haven't been able to listen to the game broadcast on an android in the past, but I have gotten the postgame on an android before.  Next time if you're having problems just go to WGR550.com on a computer & it's always there.  I've never had any problems getting the WGR postgame show on a real computer.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.