NFL Week #1 - Bills at the Rams - Post Game thread- The NFL season Begins!!!!!!

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Beast said:

It was what we were all hoping from Epenesa, Rousseau and Basham.

They all played magnificent.

A lot to be excited about from the game last night. Personally, my favorite aspects were (1) how the defensive line played against the run and (2) the sustained pressure the Dline applied throughout the game. The best (and most complete) I have seen that Dline play in a long time.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

Haven't read thru this so I don't no if it's been mentioned or not but MJD absolutely embarrassed himself on the NFLN post-game show. Constantly whining about how the Bills just took what the Rams gave them and more or less did nothing special. I know he works for the Rams but if he can't come on national TV and give professional, objective analysis after a beat-down like that, then he should stick to his team duties and shouldn't be allowed on the air. He was talking shite before the game and continued afterwards but Michael Robinson and Steve Smith were taking him to task and inciting the mostly Bills crowd behind them. 😂 

Yes, the Rams kept giving us touchdowns and we kept taking them.

15 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

The only negative besides the Turnovers by Josh was he looked slower running this year. Maybe its just me but he didn't seem like he had the same burst or maybe the Rams have a faster than average defense. Not a complaint but something I think I observed. 

Both of those were more on the WRs than Josh. The INT on the pass to McKenzie was 💯 on L'il Dirty. That was inexcusable. 

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I'm confident that the WR is still Ramsey's responsibility there. Even if he's blocking, he needs to stay on his man. Hopefully someone who can diagnose man vs zone will let me know if this was a zone from 2 high, or a quarters look with the safety rotating down to put 8 in the box, leaving a cover 1 backend with the CBs having man responsibilities.

Edited by nkreed

2 minutes ago, nkreed said:

I'm confident that the WR is still Ramsey's responsibility there. Even if he's blocking, he needs to stay on his man. Hopefully someone who can diagnose man vs zone will let me know if this was a zone from 2 high, or a quarters look with the safety rotating down to put 8 in the box, leaving a cover 1 backend with the CBs having man responsibilities.

Oh Ramsey wanted to light Josh up he knows his quote and he knows it makes him look like an idiot 

46 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

DaQuan Jones, Jordan Phillips, Tim Settle  is a HUGE upgrade from Star L, Harrison Phillips, Vernon Butler. 

All 3 are significantly better at Run D and Pass Rush 

Looking forward to next weeks game.  Tannehill doesn’t strike me as a huge threat to run.  Feel he doesn’t stand strong against good rush and gets unnerved.  Add the crowd, and feel we can control him.

Can’t wait to see how our new look D does with henry.  Ought to be a good matchup.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Check out this interview of the guy he stiff armed.

He looks like he's been in a dang brawl.

https://www.therams.com/video/rams-nick-scott-week-1-loss-buffalo-bills-locker-room-press-conference

His body language when the reporter mentioned Josh Allen looked like when they mention Deebo in the movie Friday.

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, nkreed said:

21 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

Oh Ramsey wanted to light Josh up he knows his quote and he knows it makes him look like an idiot 

I think they misdiagnosed it twice: first as a run to the L.  Totally sold on that.  Second as a Josh Allen run to the R they needed to contain, but for sure someone had to stay on Davis there. 

That's the horror of trying to defend Josh Allen:

1. you got a guy who can easily truck one defender if he tucks it and runs, so you need to keep more than one defender to contain

2. usually when the QB is running full tilt with defenders in his face, you don't have to worry so much about dimes downfield but Josh can sling it on the run

Pretty sure Ramsey was doing what he was supposed to if they saw Allen breaking the pocket with an otherwise clear rush lane, but yeah, would be interesting to see the rest of the play and understand where the coverage broke down to leave Davis that wide open.

Edit: OK, from re-watching that clip, the Rams TOTALLY bit on that as a run to the left with Gilliam pulling for Moss.  Freeze it about 3 seconds in.  The Bills are in (2,2) with Davis as the only WR.  Watch where the safety is looking. He is totally sold on the run and not paying attention to Davis until it's too late.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Both of those were more on the WRs than Josh. The INT on the pass to McKenzie was 💯 on L'il Dirty. That was inexcusable. 

yeah that looked like a mental lapse where he put his arms out to brace for impact, coughing up the ball. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.