NFL Week #1 - Bills at the Rams - Post Game thread- The NFL season Begins!!!!!!

BuffaloBill

My random thoughts from being at the game:

• Hole smokes, Diggs was on fire!
  • I've come to love Singletary. His ball security is spot on. Had he been in the exact same situation as Moss's fumble, Motor would have held onto the ball.
  • Before the game started, I thought the defensive secondary would be a concern, and I still think that.
  • By the end of the first half, Stafford looked pretty uncomfortable. In the second half, he fell apart. Was it his tendonitis?
  • Allen made some amazing throws. He also made some pretty dangerous ones.
  • Crowder was solid. I don't put the int. on him at all.
  • The turnovers sucked, but the defense responded really well.
  • Why the hell did we have a designed QB run directly after losing Saffold to injury??? Did we think we'd catch them napping???
  • After one of the fair catches around the ten yard line, I said to the Bills fan next to me, "it'd be nice if we had someone to return those..."
  • The Rams fans were very polite, and welcoming for the most part. But, they don't really give a damn about football. At one point, one of the sideline reporters announced that Stafford had just reached 50,000 yards passing, and I started clapping. ('cuz, you know... I'm in their house, I respect Stafford, etc.) And then I realized I was literally the only one in my entire section clapping. Maybe the entire stadium...
  • Allen has some balls running against that D-line. Donald, Floyd, et al, are some violent M-Fers  And he did so at times when it wasn't really necessary. It scared me. But, I get it. He put the whole league on notice doing that.
  • This was my 12yo son Bruno's first NFL game, and what a great win! There were so many Bills fans there. There was some fun tailgating in the Pink Lot (different from the paid thing down the street). It was a hoot seeing Bruno high-fiving all these other strangers in the stands. Bills fans rule!
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

23 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Of course somebody clipped it.

55 yards through the air, on the run, off one foot. My God... that was something to see.

4 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

jordan phillips is an absolute monster. he was meant to be a career Bill.

Yes! Welcome back to Buffalo, JP!!!

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

That's such a weird exchange.  The dude clearly shakes his head and says "Nah".  I wonder if it actually was that Josh asked him if he knew where a player was or something - there's no reason for Josh to actually want to shake some random scrub's hand

I wonder if Josh was looking for Nick Scott, the guy he stiff-armed into last Tuesday, to shake his hand, or if he just offers his hand to all the opponents?  According to Jordan Palmer, he's a "sweetheart" of a guy (provided you're not on a football field during the 60 minutes of the game.)

Von Miller knew what Allen was before the rest of the press caught on.  I remember an interview before a Broncos-Bills game where Von Miller said that Josh Allen has a stiff-arm like Deion Sanders and you better have a plan to tackle him.  The interviewer actually poo-poo'd him like "No.  Come On!" but Miller insisted "No, I'm serious"

Looks like this year's Rams didn't get the memo.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I wonder if Josh was looking for Nick Scott, the guy he stiff-armed into last Tuesday, to shake his hand, or if he just offers his hand to all the opponents?  According to Jordan Palmer, he's a "sweetheart" of a guy (provided you're not on a football field during the 60 minutes of the game.)

Von Miller knew what Allen was before the rest of the press caught on.  I remember an interview before a Broncos-Bills game where Von Miller said that Josh Allen has a stiff-arm like Deion Sanders and you better have a plan to tackle him.  The interviewer actually poo-poo'd him like "No.  Come On!" but Miller insisted "No, I'm serious"

Looks like this year's Rams didn't get the memo.

Saw on Twitter he asked him if Tyler hall still with them. His former teammate at Wyo. And the guy said nah 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.