Most talented player in Bills franchise history?

Special K

IMO, the top 3 has to be OJ Simpson, Bruce Smith, and Josh Allen, in whatever order you choose.

Although he hasn’t officially played a game with the Bills yet, Von Miller has to be pretty high on that list as well.

Pretty cool to think that the Bills might have two of the most talented players in franchise history playing at the same time!! 

What at are your thoughts?

How would you rank them, and who else would you put in your Top 5??

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

OJ & Bruce we’re 1st overall picks. Allen* ‘dropping’ to 7th overall will never be forgiven by the fans whose team didn’t select him. The Juice was a phenom, though he played with 2 HOF Guards, brilliant WRs and a very effective HC & QB. Bruce was literally surrounded by HOFers -including his coach & was excellent vs the run. But he was significantly more productive as a pass rusher because of the immense talent on his offenses. The Unicorn* -remember, your read that here 1st- still has no clue how great he can be as he’s personally aced every pressure situation he’s faced to date. Barring injury, he’s a lock as most talented ever. But remember, so was Tom Sestak, Robert James & Jerry Butler, all of whom only enjoyed a few great seasons before injuries killed their careers. As to the OP’s request for my Top 5, I’ll add Butch Byrd and Cookie Gilcrest. Byrd was an enigma, built like a LB and ferocious. His 40 career INTs will likely never be topped. Cookie and Terrell Owens we’re also enigmas  whose character quirks had them playing for multiple teams, wearing out their welcome with each stop while being eye-poppingly incredible players.

Honorable mention: Cornelius Bennett

• Like (+1) 3

Those 3 are the correct answer. I’m not sure that it’s even a debate other than the order you’d put them in. TO would be next but he was only here a year and it was towards the end. 

The next most physically talented player on those Super Bowl teams was Bennett. He wasn’t the next best player but he was the next most gifted. 

• Like (+1) 5

I'm struggling with my Top Five.  But I'd put OJ #1.   I think it's crazy that some RB rankings have him #8 or #13 or some other lowly grade.  Either the author focused on career stats or took away points for OJ being evil.  But in his prime, he was other-worldly.  

Bruce would be my #2.   After that things get murky.

But I do believe Josh is scary good.  Brady's presnap reads are uncanny and he throws the ball amazing consistency.  But Allen makes plays with both his legs and his arm that make you think, "Wow!"  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.