#1 Preseason Player According to Cover 1

Motorin'

Do what were the gotchas that made him drop as far as he did?

[ Yes some believe we should sign WRs in first round but other than 5th year contract I disagree with that strategy.  Agents will push for the players successful to hold out and those who aren't as sucessful get paid too much. ]

That's what it looked like in real time to me.  His route running is smooth and his body positioning excellent.    He regularly was getting college wide open, not NFL wide open.   It seemed that every throw to him, he had a well of space around him.  All through great route running, not super speed.    Now, that's against the backups, I'm curious how well he can hold up against the starters, but color me impressed.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

[ Yes some believe we should sign WRs in first round but other than 5th year contract I disagree with that strategy.  Agents will push for the players successful to hold out and those who aren't as sucessful get paid too much. ]

Size. Release against press outside and a perception (which I am not sure was justified) that he was a gimmick guy only. 

• Like (+1) 1

The first time I saw Shakur was when he ran at the combine I remember him running at the combine and thinking what a beast he was he ran and looked at this time and kind of had a look on his face like he wasn’t really satisfied with it then I watched him go through the drills and he just caught everything effortlessly yes tree trunks for legs which reminded me of Deebo Samuel 

how he lasted in the draft when he did his a mystery to me and while he’s going to start out not in the starting lineup by the end of the year he will be we have been extremely lucky on wide receivers that we’ve drafted here lately with Gabe Davis and now shikur And are setting ourselves up to have a quality wide receiver stable for years to come

• Agree 5

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

So your issue is that good players will want to get paid? I’d rather have good players than worry about whether or not they will have to be paid years later. In my company all of the top performers want to get paid. That’s what we do to retain top talent.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, BillsfaninChicago said:

Michael Jasper was snubbed!

Don't forget Wang.  Never leave home without you’re Wang.  😇

All kidding aside, Shakir had a nice camp, and so did Cook.  This team looks better than last years team, and no we won’t miss anyone who went onto other teams.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

It’s too bad he won’t post his own stuff here 

@Cover 1

oh wait. He left in a huff like @36CopyPaste 

I’m sure you already know this, but this place is tough on actual media types who dare to come in and post.  I mean, some folks here are relentless, and not very respectful.  Now, I agree that some of the posters who have left are probably a little too thin-skinned, but I can understand them saying “I don’t need this s-h-i-t” also.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, eball said:

I’m sure you already know this, but this place is tough on actual media types who dare to come in and post.  I mean, some folks here are relentless, and not very respectful.  Now, I agree that some of the posters who have left are probably a little too thin-skinned, but I can understand them saying “I don’t need this s-h-i-t” also.

Yea Erik blocked me for disagreeing with him on Tyrod's fit in a Rick Dennison offense. Time proved me right as well, but it wasn't even about that... I was having a genuine constructive conversation but I was disagreeing with him (you and I have had plenty of those eball) and he just blocked me for disagreeing. 

I agree though that some of the media folks who have posted here have not been particularly well treated. I think Wawrow for example has been subject to some pretty snarky behaviour. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

I totally agree 

some armchair GMs get pretty nasty when you “correct” or disagree with them 

many Credited members of the media have been left or chased off. 

1 example john wawrow

Another Tim Graham 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea Erik blocked me for disagreeing with him on Tyrod's fit in a Rick Dennison offense. Time proved me right as well, but it wasn't even about that... I was having a genuine constructive conversation but I was disagreeing with him (you and I have had plenty of those eball) and he just blocked me for disagreeing. 

I’d like to think Erik has matured a bit since then…he doesn’t strike me as the sort to have that type of reaction but I think that was back when he first started doing his stuff.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Uh oh...

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Size. Release against press outside and a perception (which I am not sure was justified) that he was a gimmick guy only. 

He's 6' 190#, which is Diggs' size.  Which could be an interesting parallel.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.