Brandon and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

eball

All I know Beane better get a punter because if he is just waiting to have someone fall from the stars and be a average or good kicker is not going to happen.

He is going to have to find someone sooner than later right after all the teams reach their final 53 man roster.

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Toyo321 said:

All I know Beane better get a punter because if he is just waiting to have someone fall from the stars and be a average or good kicker is not going to happen.

He is going to have to find someone sooner than later right after all the teams reach their final 53 man roster.

There is a three-time pro bowler sitting out there on the street right now waiting for Beane to call.

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

There is a three-time pro bowler sitting out there on the street right now waiting for Beane to call.

Yeah but will he " Kern"  take the league Min $ to play.  We have already lost cap money this week and are not even at our final 53 yet.

50 minutes ago, yall said:

A good portion of the press (Buffalo News, WGR, Rochester papers) have been nothing short of full-on jackasses with their takes on how the Bills handled the Araiza situation.

I honestly think the Bills earned every bit of it. People don't like accountability but that is what it looks like. 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Whatsa behind me, I don’t care, 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

There are several quality punters waiting to tryout for the spot.  Not likely any offers get rejected from the get go, chance at a ring at stake.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, yall said:

A good portion of the press (Buffalo News, WGR, Rochester papers) have been nothing short of full-on jackasses with their takes on how the Bills handled the Araiza situation.

image.thumb.gif.862651a6683c72c726a11b6b18c8c027.gif

24 minutes ago, Rico said:

Debatable whether McD or not had a good week looking at the post-game presser on Friday, but Beane hit it out of the park on Saturday.

McD’s style is different and he wears his heart on his sleeve a bit.  I think his presser let his heart show through which was probably tough because there were very limited specific things he was able to say.

41 minutes ago, TH3 said:

No kidding...how long do you think they can drag it out

That dude from the Olean times said something like " This is only the beginning of this story" 

Bashing the bills for employing him but have no problem monetizing the story themselves. "this story has gotta be heard 🤑"

If this is the most we have to complain about Beane, I am a happy camper.

32 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

Nah.  Analytics says that punters are passe.  We need to have Bass practice dropkicking it.

1 hour ago, yall said:

Why not? It generates clicks. It resembles this board's take. Heck just look at this board's multiple active forums on it.

• Vomit 1

49 minutes ago, yall said:

This is a tricky situation.  Bills hired an employee (drafted) with no knowledge of the allegations.  No charges have been filed against that employee (yet).  They were informed of a civil lawsuit against this employee about a month ago (according to their statement).

Now, I’m not saying that the allegations are true or that they are false.  At this point they are allegations.  What is the employer to do in that situation?  If they fire the employee based purely on an allegation, that doesn’t seem fair to the employee (who may or may not be guilty).  If they don’t fire him, some (many) will argue that they are enabling a criminal or that they are only concerned with winning and not about social issues.

It is very easy to sit back and criticize the Bills in this case, but it is not cut and dry what they *should* have done.

Again, no judgement from me whether the accusations are true or not.  We must let the DA decide whether to prosecute or not and wait for the civil case to make it through court (if it isn’t settled first).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

It goes beyond this week. OL has remained a concern since they neglected it at draft. Saffold/Bates/Quessenberry/Brown have pitfalls. Fingers crossed Morse can stay consistent and healthy. Didn’t like the Elam pick from day 1. We shall see if the youth strategy at #2 corner proves more effective than Beane’s vet flops. Fan presumption that roster is iron clad is wishful thinking.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.