Brandon and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

eball

Apparently Bills' GM Brandon Beane just had the "worst week of his tenure" as the Bills' GM.  Let's recap:

- traded former 2nd round pick Cody Ford to the Cardinals for a 5th rounder after coming to the conclusion Ford would not start on this OL

- released 6th round pick Matt Araiza after sexual assault allegations were revealed in a civil lawsuit

- released FA TE OJ Howard, costing the Bills just under 3M against this year's salary cap

As far as I am aware, Beane's dog did not pee on his shoes and his wife did not leave him.  He is still the GM of the team with the best Vegas odds to win the next Super Bowl.  He also just came off an offseason in which he signed future HOF edge rusher Von Miller and orchestrated a draft that is likely to yield several key contributors.  He also beefed up a defensive line that while statistically sound, could never finish the deal against Mahomes and the Chiefs.  He added multiple pieces to the offensive line for both starter and depth options.

If only our worst-ever weeks in our jobs could look like this.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Counter-point:

- The concerning lack of depth at outside WR
- No red helmet alternate unis
- OJ still on the Wall of Fame

not concerned about WR depth. A slot receiver moves a few yards to his left or right and he's now outside

Glad there are no more red helmets

OJ on the wall means nothing to me

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, eball said:

Apparently Bills' GM Brandon Beane just had the "worst week of his tenure" as the Bills' GM.  Let's recap:

- traded former 2nd round pick Cody Ford to the Cardinals for a 5th rounder after coming to the conclusion Ford would not start on this OL

- released 6th round pick Matt Araiza after sexual assault allegations were revealed in a civil lawsuit

- released FA TE OJ Howard, costing the Bills just under 3M against this year's salary cap

As far as I am aware, Beane's dog did not pee on his shoes and his wife did not leave him.  He is still the GM of the team with the best Vegas odds to win the next Super Bowl.  He also just came off an offseason in which he signed future HOF edge rusher Von Miller and orchestrated a draft that is likely to yield several key contributors.  He also beefed up a defensive line that while statistically sound, could never finish the deal against Mahomes and the Chiefs.  He added multiple pieces to the offensive line for both starter and depth options.

If only our worst-ever weeks in our jobs could look like this.

Why not call out the knowledgable poster who made this remark in the thread where it was stated?  Unless you are LAMPing today?

1 minute ago, eball said:

Yeah, dude, that's kinda the point.  People are going ape-s-h-i-t over some stuff that isn't a disaster at all.

Imo their handle on the Araiza situation can credibly be called a disaster

I don't want to ruin your thread tho so I won't comment more on it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Disagree 7
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I suspect we would disagree on much, but "I See No Lies" here.

Add to your list a recent opinion piece in a National newspaper actually making a comparison between the Bills failing to immediately cut Araiza  the moment a lawyer called them with allegations of sexual assault, and BYU failing to take immediate action when a Black volleyball player was audibly taunted with racial epithets during a match on BYU's home court.

Let's review:

Many people including the BYU coach, AD, refs, and players hear someone in the stands audibly taunting an opposing player on their court as a n****r, and fail to take timely action

=

Bills receive unsubstantiated allegation against their Hispanic descent punter and decide to get his side/investigate as best they can before cutting him

I.  Can't.  Even.

I saw that as well and just shook my head. 

Out of curiosity why do you suspect we'd disagree on much? LOL

Just now, yall said:

I saw that as well and just shook my head. 

Out of curiosity why do you suspect we'd disagree on much? LOL

I deleted my post due to being reminded of Simon's request that we confine Araiza chat to the Araiza threads

Don't want to derail this one, gonna move my comment over there.

No biggy.

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Imo their handle on the Araiza situation can credibly be called a disaster

I don't want to ruin your thread tho so I won't comment more on it

The guy was a 6th round selection and just a punter so it's hardly a disaster....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, yall said:

A good portion of the press (Buffalo News, WGR, Rochester papers) have been nothing short of full-on jackasses with their takes on how the Bills handled the Araiza situation.

No kidding...how long do you think they can drag it out

That dude from the Olean times said something like " This is only the beginning of this story" 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.